Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
I agree with McGinn's take on Bradford. At OLB he has physical limitations. He has done next to nothing and doesn't flash much potential. I disagree with him on Thornton. McGinn had this same take after the first two games. I saw enough to be intrigued by Thornton's potential. I haven't watched his play closely from the most recent game. I think you give a big guy with potential more time--especially when you aren't tremendously deep at the position (with Raji and Guion out). Goodson definitely made more plays in the most recent game, but Rolle looks to be a better athlete and he's more polished. I think Goodson is a candidate for the PS. I only list 8 guys because I'm not entirely clear on the new rule and I'm not positive which guys qualify for the extra two spots.
Late in McGinn's article, he praises Josh Boyd. In last year's training camp, Boyd was no more impressive than Thornton is this year. I remember Trgovac talking about how "Boyd is being asked to do some things he hasn't done before". Yet by late in the season, Boyd was a contributor, and he's now seen as a key member of the DL. I think they will give Thornton some time.

As for Bradford, I just don't think he can play OLB. As I mentioned in another thread, I saw him at practice Tuesday standing next to Clay Matthews, and the difference physically is striking. He looks even shorter than his listed height. The question is whether he can play ILB. The Packers tried moving Terrell Manning inside and it didn't work. If they feel Bradford can't play there, he's probably worthless.