DE Daniels Jones Thornton
    EL Peppers Neal Perry
    OLB Matthews Mulumba Elliott
    ILB Hawk Jones Lattimore Barrington
    CB Williams Shields Hayward House Bush
    S Burnett Hyde Dix Richardson Banjo
    ST Goode Crosby Masthay

Bostick to Temp IR
    Banjo, Elliott, Mulumba, Stoneburner, Tolzien are last roster spots.
    Maybe R. Neal makes the team but he'd probably pass through to PS at this point.
    Bradford doesn't have the length so he has an uphill battle doing much against legit NFL tackles. A lot of people project him inside but I don't see enough raw potential there to hold a roster spot just to see if he might become serviceable down the road. TT doesn't give up on too many of his picks quickly though.
    I agree that they will probably keep Tolzien because Rettig doesn't seem to have an NFL arm or accuracy which are pretty tough to develop.
    That roster spot will likely never see the field so I'd prefer to hang on to Bradford or Palmer for ST (or Bostick if/when he gets healthy) but you never know when Rodgers may go down for a stretch. Rettig's ceiling looks like Matt Flynn but at least Flynn's a gamer. Rettig barely got in to kneel on it last game so my guess is they've seen enough.

Blog Entries
    Big Week for Jumal Rolle's Chances to Make the Team

also time for Bradford to put up or shut up
    @TyDunne
    Carl Bradford playing a bunch this practice. Guessing he gets a long look tomorrow. Big week for the fourth-round pick.
    Last edited by vince; 08-21-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    QB Rodgers Flynn Tolzien
    RB Lacy Starks Harris Kuhn
    WR Nelson Cobb Boykin Adams Janis
    TE Rodgers Quarless Taylor Stoneburner
    OT Bulaga Bakh Sherrod
    C Tretter Linsley
    OG Sitton Lang Taylor
    NT Raji Boyd, Pennel
    EL Peppers Neal Perry
    ST Goode Crosby Masthay

Bostick to Temp IR
    Maybe R. Neal makes the team but he'd probably pass through to PS at this point.
    Bradford doesn't have the length so he has an uphill battle doing much against legit NFL tackles. A lot of people project him inside but I don't see enough raw potential there to hold a roster spot just to see if he might become serviceable down the road. TT doesn't give up on too many of his picks quickly though.
    I agree that they will probably keep Tolzien because Rettig doesn't seem to have an NFL arm or accuracy which are pretty tough to develop.
    That roster spot will likely never see the field so I'd prefer to hang on to Bradford or Palmer for ST (or Bostick if/when he gets healthy) but you never know when Rodgers may go down for a stretch. Rettig's ceiling looks like Matt Flynn but at least Flynn's a gamer. Rettig barely got in to kneel on it last game so my guess is they've seen enough.
    Of the ones I've seen, this one comes the closest to what I'd pick. I'd also try hard to find a way to retain Adrian Howard - practice squad if possible, if not maybe cut Banjo.

I think I'd keep Bradford over Lattimore unless he plays his way off the team on Friday.

QB Rodgers Flynn Tolzien
    OT Bulaga Bakh Sherrod
    C Tretter Linsley
    OG Sitton Lang Taylor
    NT Raji Boyd, Pennel
    EL Peppers Neal Perry
    ST Goode Crosby Masthay

Bostick to Temp IR

Nice 53, I agree with it 100%.

Blog Entries
    I'd feel a lot better about the o-line with Barclay in there. Doesn't take much in this league to go from deep roster to shallow. That could be a place where we see a newcomer or two filling those 9th and 10th practice squad spots.

Also, I read some speculation that Perry may be on the trading block. Probably wouldn't get much value for him but that could make some sense... Palmer is serviceable at the bottom of the roster and is still seeing reps on 1st team ST's. I'd shudder to see Perry on special teams. He seems to have an attitude like he thinks he's above that. And with Matthews' and Neal's injury history and Peppers' age he could be a key contributor through the season.

Give Hubbard a year to bulk up that big frame with Elliott and another draft... I could see Perry's days numbered but it seems to me that should be a year away yet.

QB Rodgers Flynn Tolzien
    OT Bulaga Bakh Sherrod
    C Tretter Linsley
    OG Sitton Lang Taylor
    NT Raji Boyd, Pennel
    EL Peppers Neal Perry
    ST Goode Crosby Masthay

Bostick to Temp IR
    Yeah, I think this is right, give or take 1-2 people (i.e., they go with 2 QB's, or swap Perillo for Stoneburner), but I think this is what it will look like. If Harris can hang onto the football he's got a spot locked up.

My guess for the PS 10: Rolle, Goodson, Bradford, Thomas, Dorsey, White, Vujnovich, Fullington, A.Adams, and Luther Robinson.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Would it be a bit of a fail on both the players (mostly) part and the team's part if Bradford didn't make the roster as a 4th rounder? Don't get me wrong, TT is not going to pull a Sherman and keep a guy on the roster just because he was drafted high (B.J. Sander, oy!), but there has to be a bit disappointment in evaluation when it turns out that you "over drafted" a player, with the possibility of keeping him to prove a point when someone else might have clearly beaten him out.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I'd feel a lot better about the o-line with Barclay in there. Doesn't take much in this league to go from deep roster to shallow. That could be a place where we see a newcomer or two filling those 9th and 10th practice squad spots.

Also, I read some speculation that Perry may be on the trading block. Probably wouldn't get much value for him but that could make some sense... Palmer is serviceable at the bottom of the roster and is still seeing reps on 1st team ST's. I'd shudder to see Perry on special teams. He seems to have an attitude like he thinks he's above that. And with Matthews' and Neal's injury history and Peppers' age he could be a key contributor through the season.

Give Hubbard a year to bulk up that big frame with Elliott and another draft... I could see Perry's days numbered but it seems to me that should be a year away yet.

Vince, I'm curious as to where you heard or read about Perry's bad attitude. I've seen this mentioned before, but I've seen no real proof that he's got a bad attitude. In fact, Clay Matthews came out a couple months ago, I think, and said Perry shouldn't have been playing at the end of the last season with the injury he had, but that the dude gutted it out.

I wonder if Perry is getting a bad rap.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

AARON RODGERS
    SCOTT TOLZIEN
    PS: CHASE RETTIG

EDDIE LACY
    JAMES STARKS
    DUJUAN HARRIS
    JOHN KUHN
    PS: RAJION NEAL
    PS: MIKE HILL

JORDY NELSON
    RANDALL COBB
    JARRETT BOYKIN
    DAVANTE ADAMS
    JEFF JANIS
    KEVIN DORSEY
    PS: CHRIS HARPER
    IR: JARED ABBREDERIS

RICHARD RODGERS
    ANDREW QUARLESS
    BRANDON BOSTICK
    RYAN TAYLOR
    PS: JUSTIN PERILLO
    IR: COLT LYERLA

DAVID BAKHTIARI
    JOSH SITTON
    JC TRETTER
    TJ LANG
    BRYAN BULAGA
    DEREK SHERROD
    LANE TAYLOR
    COREY LINSLEY
    PS: AARON ADAMS
    IR: DON BARCLAY

BJ RAJI
    MIKE PENNEL
    NFI: LETROY GUION

MIKE DANIELS
    DATONE JONES
    JOSH BOYD
    KHYRI THORNTON

CLAY MATTHEWS III
    JULIUS PEPPERS
    MIKE NEAL
    NICK PERRY
    JAY ELLIOTT
    ANDY MULUMBA
    PS: CARL BRADFORD
    PS: ADRIAN HUBBARD

AJ HAWK
    BRAD JONES
    JAMARI LATTIMORE
    SAM BARRINGTON
    PS: JOE THOMAS

TRAMON WILLIAMS
    SAM SHIELDS
    CASEY HAYWARD
    DAVON HOUSE
    JUMAL ROLLE
    PS: DEMETRI GOODSON

MICAH HYDE
    MORGAN BURNETT
    HASEAN CLINTON-DIX
    SEAN RICHARDSON
    CHRIS BANJO

MASON CROSBY
    TIM MASTHAY
    BRETT GOODE

If they want to keep Flynn, then Dorsey would go to PS and Rettig is SOL.

I prefer to wait with my commentary and simply second guess TT after the fact.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I prefer to wait with my commentary and simply second guess TT after the fact.
    You sure you are not a professional columnist like Cleft Crusty.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Vince, I'm curious as to where you heard or read about Perry's bad attitude. I've seen this mentioned before, but I've seen no real proof that he's got a bad attitude. In fact, Clay Matthews came out a couple months ago, I think, and said Perry shouldn't have been playing at the end of the last season with the injury he had, but that the dude gutted it out.

I wonder if Perry is getting a bad rap.
    I think Perry can play but his attitude questions go back to when he was drafted, saying he didn't want to play outside backer. As a rookie coming into the league, it just strikes me as having too much of a sense of entitlement to feel like you're justified to be telling teams what you want to play and what you don't. A rookie coming into the league should have the opposite attitude in my opinion. They should be thrilled to be a part of a team and want to do whatever is asked of them to contribute to the team's success. Old fashioned maybe but just my opinion.

Then this offseason when Perry held himself out of OTA's exacerbated it. I'm saying that based on the coaches response to questions about his availability and his admission in a locker room interview on Packers.com about a month ago that yeah the coaches talked with him about the importance of participating but he felt like he had to do what's right for himself or something close to that. Voluntary or not, you choose not to do what the coaches think is best for the team - that's not the attitude I'm looking for if I'm a part of the Packers.

There's a bit of speculation in there for sure Fritz, but I'm just a guy spewing shit on a message board so I retain the right to speculate...

There hasn't been a public word of unhappiness from Perry since the draft, and even his comments leading up to and after the draft have been greatly exaggerated. I can't really blame the guy for saying he's a better fit in a 4-3 because I think he is. Nobody outside the clubhouse knows what went down in the offseason. Some reporters speculating based on a comment by McCarthy that could have meant a number of different things.

BTW, here's what Perry said after the draft:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...149243245.html

Initially, Perry thought he might be more suited to play in a 4-3 defense, telling the Detroit News in February at the NFL combine, "I prefer a 4-3. I like to keep my hand in the dirt. But as long as I am rushing and getting to the quarterback, I am fine."

But the Packers play a 3-4, and Perry could play outside linebacker or line up next to B.J. Raji on the end if needed.

"You know what, I'm open-minded," Perry said Friday morning. "I was open-minded about this whole process. I knew I could get picked to a 3-4 team as well as a 4-3 team. I knew I could go anywhere and I don't have to adjust to anything. I felt like I had the ability, I have the skills to play in the 3-4 and I love the scheme that the Packers are in."
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

QB (3) Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien
    RB (4) Eddie Lacy, James Starks, DuJuan Harris, John Kuhn
    WR (6) Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis
    TE (4) Richard Rodgers, Andrew Quarless, Brandon Bostick, Ryan Taylor
    OL (8) David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley, Lane Taylor
    DL (6) Mike Daniels, B.J. Raji, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton, Mike Pennel
    OLB (6) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Jayrone Elliott, Andy Mulumba
    ILB (4) Brad Jones, A.J. Hawk, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington
    CB (5) Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, Jumal Rolle
    S (5) Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson, Chris Banjo
    ST (3) Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode

IR: Jared Abbrederis, Don Barclay, Colt Lyerla, B.J. Raji
    PUP: Letroy Guion
    PS: RB Rajion Neal, WR Myles White, WR Kevin Dorsey, TE Justin Perillo, OT Aaron Adams, OC Garth Gerhart, LB Carl Bradford*, LB Joe Thomas

My last cut came down to S Chris Banjo vs. WR Kevin Dorsey. Tough call. I think Dorsey has the most potential amongst the group after the top 5. I'd like to keep him. My gut tells me Banjo has slightly more value on special teams--although Dorsey is getting a lot of run on special teams. Jumal Rolle gets the roster spot left open by B.J. Raji. I re-swapped Taylor for Stoneburner because they look similar enough on offense that Taylor's special teams abilities win him a roster spot.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    WR (6) Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis
    OL (8) David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley, Lane Taylor
    DL (6) Mike Daniels, B.J. Raji, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton, Mike Pennel
    OLB (6) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Jayrone Elliott, Andy Mulumba
    CB (5) Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, Jumal Rolle
    S (5) Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson, Chris Banjo
    ST (3) Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode

IR: Jared Abbrederis, Don Barclay, Colt Lyerla, B.J. Raji
    PUP: Letroy Guion
    PS: RB Rajion Neal, WR Myles White, WR Kevin Dorsey, TE Justin Perillo, OT Aaron Adams, OC Garth Gerhart, LB Carl Bradford*, LB Joe Thomas

My last cut came down to S Chris Banjo vs. WR Kevin Dorsey. Tough call. I think Dorsey has the most potential amongst the group after the top 5. I'd like to keep him. My gut tells me Banjo has slightly more value on special teams--although Dorsey is getting a lot of run on special teams. Jumal Rolle gets the roster spot left open by B.J. Raji. I re-swapped Taylor for Stoneburner because they look similar enough on offense that Taylor's special teams abilities win him a roster spot.
    You've got 6 receivers but only 5 guys listed. Opposite with CBs. You've also got Raji on the roster and IR.

Could the Packers cut the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders? Bob McGinn is arguing Thorton and Bradford don't deserve a spot on the roster. In his latest article, McGinn compares the tenancity, speed, style, etc of Boyd and Thorton and alleges that Thorton does not show up at all. Furthermore, McGinn is also saying that the battle between Rolle and Goodson is very heated. It sounds like Bob is high on Goodson but even higher on Rolle.

As of today, I think this will be the roster... A goofy TT roster as usual

WR (5) Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis
    OL (7) David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley
    DL (6) Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton, Mike Pennel, Luther Robinson
    OLB (7) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Jayrone Elliott, Adrian Hubbard, Andy Mulumba
    CB (7) Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, Jumal Rolle, Something Goodson
    S (4) Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson
    ST (2) Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 08-24-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Try again with an 8th lineman, ish

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    You've got 6 receivers but only 5 guys listed. Opposite with CBs. You've also got Raji on the roster and IR.
    The number of WRs is off because I initially had Dorsey over Banjo, and forgot to change the WR number. I only have 53 players listed though.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Could the Packers cut the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders? Bob McGinn is arguing Thorton and Bradford don't deserve a spot on the roster. In his latest article, McGinn compares the tenancity, speed, style, etc of Boyd and Thorton and alleges that Thorton does not show up at all. Furthermore, McGinn is also saying that the battle between Rolle and Goodson is very heated. It sounds like Bob is high on Goodson but even higher on Rolle.
    I agree with McGinn's take on Bradford. At OLB he has physical limitations. He has done next to nothing and doesn't flash much potential. I disagree with him on Thornton. McGinn had this same take after the first two games. I saw enough to be intrigued by Thornton's potential. I haven't watched his play closely from the most recent game. I think you give a big guy with potential more time--especially when you aren't tremendously deep at the position (with Raji and Guion out). Goodson definitely made more plays in the most recent game, but Rolle looks to be a better athlete and he's more polished. I think Goodson is a candidate for the PS. I only list 8 guys because I'm not entirely clear on the new rule and I'm not positive which guys qualify for the extra two spots.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    There hasn't been a public word of unhappiness from Perry since the draft, and even his comments leading up to and after the draft have been greatly exaggerated. I can't really blame the guy for saying he's a better fit in a 4-3 because I think he is. Nobody outside the clubhouse knows what went down in the offseason. Some reporters speculating based on a comment by McCarthy that could have meant a number of different things.

BTW, here's what Perry said after the draft:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...149243245.html
    After he was drafted by a 3-4 team I'm not sure what else you could expect a guy to say. He's been diplomatic but I think the following quotes say a lot more than you're willing to read into them.

At the NFL Combine after gaining 20 pounds since declaring for the draft in what I'd say was a pretty blatant attempt to enhance his profile as a DE and reduce it as an OLB:

"Some people have a better edge getting off the ball with their hand in the dirt," said Perry. "I’ve been playing it a long time now, and I have experience in that. Being put further away from what you’re used to doing makes you a little uneasy."

If I'm about to get drafted, the last thing I'd be doing is talking about any kind of "uneasiness" about doing anything whatsoever a team may ask me to do to help their team succeed.

I also think there's little doubt that Winston Moss' OTA terse quote "Nick Perry in my book has done absolutely zero," combined with McCarthy's only slightly more measured statements at the time, spoke volumes about their perspective on his unwillingness to participate in OTA's.

It's speculation to read into it sure, but without getting into the logic of why both coaches may or may not have chosen to take a less confrontational public position on the subject of Nick Perry, my opinion is that it's no stretch to conclude the coaches weren't happy with his offseason approach.

As I said previously I think Perry can play, though he may be his own biggest problem.