Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The So Early It's Both Awesome & Stupid Thread- Pick the 53

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't really care about Mulumba vs. Banjo. It's whomever the brass thinks is better on teams, but I think Goodson over Rolle is a mistake. Other than that, the cuts aren't all that earth shattering.
    It's not a mistake if they can sneak Rolle on to the PS. Even then, this might be the position they are the deepest at, so it might not matter much which one is on there. I know Rolle played better than Goodson at CB, but sometimes these last decisions come down to special teams and perceived upside.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If they get Rolle on PS, I will feel better. I don't have much hope for Goodson though. We'll see.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Goodson over Rolle...that's a headscratcher to me. I don't think they would have had any trouble cutting Goodson and getting him on the PS. Rolle's preseason tape is better, and I think he deserved the roster spot over Goodson. I hope they can get him on the PS. Pretty good developmental guy in case both Tramon and House aren't signed.

Was surprised they kept Bradford too. I really don't think he would get picked up by anyone if cut.
    JSO writers seemed to think he played better at ILB; McGinn also thought Palmer did as well, which is interesting.

One injury on the OL and either Goodson or Bradford is gone. They have to be #52 or #53.

Was surprised about Stoneburner going to IR. Did Rajion Neal go on IR? He's a keeper too.

Let's not get too over emotional about Rolle. If he was such a guaranteed roster spot, why did the Bills and Sants have a chance to keep him on the PS and still both let him go by October 2, 2013.

He could still leak through.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jacksonville let Boykin go. Houston let Tramon go. Rolle is clearly the better player now, and based on age and measurables, I'm not sure Goodson has more potential.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

The Packers would have to lose 3 or 4 DBs before Banjo, Rolle or Goodson would see the field on defense anyway, so who is the better player now isn't very important. Who is the better ST player doesn't matter much either, because it is a long shot for them to even be active on game day, let alone play meaningful snaps on defense. I suspect they saw Rolle and Banjo as guys who were probably as good as they were ever going to be and Goodson as a guy with the physical ability to possibly become much better in time. If they lose a couple safeties, Bush will be the fall back guy, but won't play safety unless they lose a third safety. If they lose 3 corners, Hyde will play corner and Richardson will move up at safety.

Richardson might not even be active on game days if the DBs are healthy, and there may even be games when neither Richardson nor House is active if they need the roster spot at another position. If the Packers were going to keep a 10th DB it might as well be the guy with the most potential, regardless of current performance. It is probably the first spot on the roster to go when they need to add someone at another position anyway.