Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The So Early It's Both Awesome & Stupid Thread- Pick the 53

I've heard that the past 3 years and Bush also has experience playing safety.

Yeah, but there are more young guys who can play special teams. House can do that job and even though he's far from great or even consistent, really, I much prefer House playing CB to Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I've heard that the past 3 years and Bush also has experience playing safety.
    Bush's experience at safety was bad enough that McCarthy all but promised, publicly, to end that experiment.

Its House I am wondering about. He seemed destined to keep Shields on the bench in one camp and then shuffle Tramon off to retirement in another. But he has not produced much in the regular season. Crabtree gave him fits in the playoffs. A draft pick under cheap contract doesn't get cut often but right now I wouldn't expect him back at the end of it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I could see them keeping Banjo over Bush. I don't see House losing his job, no one really to push him.

I could see them keeping Banjo over Bush. I don't see House losing his job, no one really to push him.
    Still the best gunner they have. Would be tough as Banjo hasn't done that on ST.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So you would keep Bush over House?

QB: Rodgers, Flynn
    RB: Lacy, Starks, Harris, Franklin
    FB: Kuhn
    WR: Nelson, Cobb, Abbrederis, Adams, Boykin, Janis
    TE: Finley, Quarless, Rodgers
    T: Bulaga, Sherrod, Bahkitari, Barclay
    G/C: Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Linsley, UDFA

DE: Perry, Jones, Worthy, Daniels, Thornton
    NT: Raji, Boyd
    OLB: Matthews, Peppers, Neal, Bradford
    ILB: Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington
    CB: Williams, Shields, Hayward, Hyde (CB/S), House, Goodson, Bush
    S: Clinton-Dix, Burnett, Banjo

K: Crosby
    P: Masthay
    LS: Goode

Notes:
    - Keep 9 Olinemen.
    - Hyde playing both CB and S allows Bush to make the team yet another year.
    - PS players include: Tolzien and Palmer
    - Finley gets cleared in a few months and is almost forced to accept a one year deal with us being so late in the year.
    - Perry moves to DE (where he belongs)
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

So you would keep Bush over House?
    Not unless I HAD to have Banjo due to safety injuries. Then the decision would be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Is Seneca coming around in rehab?
    I'm rather surprised he hasn't announced his retirement.

I don't like the way everyone is writing off White at WR! I think after an off-season of work, during which he is reported to have put on 10lbs, he's going to compete for a roster spot. Abbrederis is as good as gone, being a Badger and all

If they keep 5, it could look like this:

WR: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Janis, White
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Are you related to White?

You think Janis is better than Abbrederis?

I have them both making the team on my 53 man roster, really hard to say right now.

I have them both making the team on my 53 man roster, really hard to say right now.
    Sorry, I was directing my question at Guiness.

I can't believe you feel Mulumba and Boykin should be off the team, Guiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Sorry, I was directing my question at Guiness.
    No, I was mostly poking fun at the crew here that laments the lack of players from the southern UofW players on the Packers! Heck, there was even a thread about it,
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...TINUE-PROBABLY
    at least the drafting streak was broken!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The 5th CB and/or 4th safety doesn't make the team to play CB or safety. They make the team to play special teams. under normal circumstances, the player has 0 snaps on defense, but will see a bunch on ST every week. Bush probably continues to make the team until another player is comparable to him on STs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The 5th CB and/or 4th safety doesn't make the team to play CB or safety. They make the team to play special teams. under normal circumstances, the player has 0 snaps on defense, but will see a bunch on ST every week. Bush probably continues to make the team until another player is comparable to him on STs.
    I'm guessing you could say that about Ryan Taylor. Why do they keep 4 TEs and how does he keep making the team? Answer: He plays Special Teams and does a very good job at it.

I can't remember if it was a preseason game or a regular game last year, he was wide open in the middle of the field, the QB hit him in stride and he drops an easy TD. But I guess the coaches see him as having more value at special teams, then they do at TE - hence why he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'm guessing you could say that about Ryan Taylor. Why do they keep 4 TEs and how does he keep making the team? Answer: He plays Special Teams and does a very good job at it.

I can't remember if it was a preseason game or a regular game last year, he was wide open in the middle of the field, the QB hit him in stride and he drops an easy TD. But I guess the coaches see him as having more value at special teams, then they do at TE - hence why he's still here.
    Agreed. Probably true also when they have a 9th or more LB, too.

I believe they're keeping Jonothan Franklin because there's an opening on the toilet cleaning crew.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack