Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The So Early It's Both Awesome & Stupid Thread- Pick the 53

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'm guessing you could say that about Ryan Taylor. Why do they keep 4 TEs and how does he keep making the team? Answer: He plays Special Teams and does a very good job at it.

I can't remember if it was a preseason game or a regular game last year, he was wide open in the middle of the field, the QB hit him in stride and he drops an easy TD. But I guess the coaches see him as having more value at special teams, then they do at TE - hence why he's still here.
    Agreed. Probably true also when they have a 9th or more LB, too.

I believe they're keeping Jonothan Franklin because there's an opening on the toilet cleaning crew.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I really would prefer they kept Harris instead of Franklin, if only one can stay. That is, unless Franklin shows a little more.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I really would prefer they kept Harris instead of Franklin, if only one can stay. That is, unless Franklin shows a little more.
    My refrigerator delivery guy claims he went to high school with Harris. he also claims Harris is working out like a maniac and will be ready for camp. Also, he can get me a great deal on a Camaro, but I'd have to decide right away because he has 'a couple of other guys really interested in it.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    My refrigerator delivery guy claims he went to high school with Harris. he also claims Harris is working out like a maniac and will be ready for camp. Also, he can get me a great deal on a Camaro, but I'd have to decide right away because he has 'a couple of other guys really interested in it.'
    That's pretty full service from Frigidaire.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's pretty full service from Frigidaire.
    LG, but yeah, I appreciated that they sent a guy with inside info on the Packers to my house.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hubbard is making this team. We're also going to resign Finley. We're going to say goodbye to one or two good linebackers, as we do every year. I see it coming down to Mulumba or Barrington, and I think the coaches like Barrington more.

QB (3) - Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien
    RB (4) - Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Harris
    FB (1) - Kuhn
    WR (5) - Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams(r), Abbredaris(r)
    TE (4) Finley, Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers(r)
    OL (9) Bulaga, Sitton, Tretter, Lang, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Sherrod, Linsley(r), Lane
    DL (5) Raji, Boyd, Thornton(r), Jones, Daniels
    LB (10) Matthews, Peppers, Neal, Jones, Hawk, Barrington, Lattimore, Hubbard(UDFA-r), Perry, Bradford(r)
    CB (5) Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush
    S (4) Burnett, Clinton-Dix(r), Hyde, Richardson
    Sp (3) Crosby, Masthay, Goode

I'd be so pissed if we let Janis walk to keep Tolzien at QB.

I bet he can hook you up with some weed, too.

Just goes to show you that old Maytag repairman really didn't need to be sitting around. He coulda had a sweet little side business flipping used cars and servicing housewives.

I'm going to root for Janis in camp. He looks the part. Though Dorsey from MD has some speed and size.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Could we stow Janis on the PS? He has a ton of potential but is extremely raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If TT/MM think Janis won't make it to the practice squad, he will have a mystery injury that forces him to IR for the season.

Being assigned to the PS won't protect him from being snapped up by any other NFL team.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Being assigned to the PS won't protect him from being snapped up by any other NFL team.
    Unless, of course, if we do what we did last year to that other WR and offer Janis a regular rookie salary instead of the going rate for PS players.

Unless, of course, if we do what we did last year to that other WR and offer Janis a regular rookie salary instead of the going rate for PS players.
    Did that for the last few weeks of the season, not the whole year. Does money paid to ps players count vs the cap? I wonder if the league would have something to say if teams started doing this, seems like it would be akin to hoarding players.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Did that for the last few weeks of the season, not the whole year. Does money paid to ps players count vs the cap? I wonder if the league would have something to say if teams started doing this, seems like it would be akin to hoarding players.
    PS salaries do count against cap. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/3...es-eligibility
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Let's skip the misdiagnose the torn ACL step.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Let's skip the misdiagnose the torn ACL step.
    The Browns put Charles Johnson on the Non-Football Injury list after discovering his ACL tear. He didn't make any money last year because of that. Sucks to be a Brown.

If there is any justice in the world, Janis will get the camp hamstring.

Several year end evaluations mentioned that Goode was a bit erratic last year, although, to be honest. I didn't notice it. His downfield coverage has always been below par, I think. I wonder if it is feasible from a practice standpoint to have Linsley, who is reportedly a good long snapper, be the regular at that and the backup C.

Probably not. MM has said he doesn't like to use the backup QB because he can't be in two places at once, practicing with the O and with the punter or kicker. He would probably feel the same about the backup center.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Several year end evaluations mentioned that Goode was a bit erratic last year, although, to be honest. I didn't notice it. His downfield coverage has always been below par, I think. I wonder if it is feasible from a practice standpoint to have Linsley, who is reportedly a good long snapper, be the regular at that and the backup C.

Probably not. MM has said he doesn't like to use the backup QB because he can't be in two places at once, practicing with the O and with the punter or kicker. He would probably feel the same about the backup center.

I think you're completely wrong here, Patler. There's no reason Linsley couldn't do it, as long as he....

keeps it snappy.

KYPack