Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The So Early It's Both Awesome & Stupid Thread- Pick the 53

I really would prefer they kept Harris instead of Franklin, if only one can stay. That is, unless Franklin shows a little more.

Hubbard is making this team. We're also going to resign Finley. We're going to say goodbye to one or two good linebackers, as we do every year. I see it coming down to Mulumba or Barrington, and I think the coaches like Barrington more.

QB (3) - Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien
    RB (4) - Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Harris
    FB (1) - Kuhn
    WR (5) - Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams(r), Abbredaris(r)
    TE (4) Finley, Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers(r)
    OL (9) Bulaga, Sitton, Tretter, Lang, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Sherrod, Linsley(r), Lane
    DL (5) Raji, Boyd, Thornton(r), Jones, Daniels
    LB (10) Matthews, Peppers, Neal, Jones, Hawk, Barrington, Lattimore, Hubbard(UDFA-r), Perry, Bradford(r)
    CB (5) Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush
    S (4) Burnett, Clinton-Dix(r), Hyde, Richardson
    Sp (3) Crosby, Masthay, Goode

I'd be so pissed if we let Janis walk to keep Tolzien at QB.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I really would prefer they kept Harris instead of Franklin, if only one can stay. That is, unless Franklin shows a little more.
    My refrigerator delivery guy claims he went to high school with Harris. he also claims Harris is working out like a maniac and will be ready for camp. Also, he can get me a great deal on a Camaro, but I'd have to decide right away because he has 'a couple of other guys really interested in it.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    My refrigerator delivery guy claims he went to high school with Harris. he also claims Harris is working out like a maniac and will be ready for camp. Also, he can get me a great deal on a Camaro, but I'd have to decide right away because he has 'a couple of other guys really interested in it.'
    That's pretty full service from Frigidaire.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I bet he can hook you up with some weed, too.

Just goes to show you that old Maytag repairman really didn't need to be sitting around. He coulda had a sweet little side business flipping used cars and servicing housewives.

I'm going to root for Janis in camp. He looks the part. Though Dorsey from MD has some speed and size.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Could we stow Janis on the PS? He has a ton of potential but is extremely raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If TT/MM think Janis won't make it to the practice squad, he will have a mystery injury that forces him to IR for the season.

If there is any justice in the world, Janis will get the camp hamstring.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's pretty full service from Frigidaire.
    LG, but yeah, I appreciated that they sent a guy with inside info on the Packers to my house.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    QB Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien
    RB Lacy, Starks, Harris, Franklin
    FB Kuhn
    WR Cobb, Nelson, Adams, Boykin, Abbrederis
    TE Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers, Taylor
    T Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Barclay, Sherrod
    G/C Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Linsley
    DE Jones, Daniels, Worthy, Thornton
    NT Raji, Boyd
    DE/OLB Peppers, Neal
    OLB Matthews, Perry, Bradford, Mulumba
    ILB Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington
    CB Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Nixon
    S Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Hyde, Richardson
    ST Crosby, Masthay, Goode

Don't write off Bush yet. Hyde could take the 4th safety spot from Banjo. Also depends on how Goodson and Nixon look. I have Janis as a tease who doesn't make the team--much like Charles Johnson last year. They'll try to sneak him onto the PS and get usurped again. I think either Harris or Franklin will make the squad. Not both. And I have a gut feeling that either Neal or Perkins makes the team as a 4th RB. Both have talent. Perkins is a better inside runner than his size would indicate. I don't have the 'nads to pencil it at this point though.
    Observation:

** Prospects From 2014 DRAFT....7 of 9 total.

QB Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien

RB Lacy, Starks, Harris, Franklin

FB Kuhn

WR Cobb, Nelson, ** Rd. 2 Pick - #53 overall - Davante Adams, Boykin, ** Rd. Rd. 5 Comp. Pick - 176 Overall - Jared Abbrederis

TE Quarless, Bostick, ** Rd. 3 Comp. Pick Pick #58 overall - Richard Rodgers, Taylor

T Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Barclay, Sherrod

G/C Sitton, Lang, Tretter, ** Rd. 5 Pick #161 overall - C Corey Linsley

DE Jones, Daniels, Worthy, ** Round 3, Pick #85 overall - DT Khyri Thornton

NT Raji, Boyd

DE/OLB Peppers, Neal

OLB Matthews, Perry, ** Rd. 4 Pick 121 overall Carl Bradford, Mulumba

ILB Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington

S Burnett, ** Rd. 1 Pick #21 overall - Clinton-Dix, Hyde, Richardson

ST Crosby, Masthay, Goode

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Observation:

** Prospects From 2014 DRAFT....7 of 9 total.

S Burnett, ** Rd. 1 Pick #21 overall - Clinton-Dix, Hyde, Richardson

GO PACK GO !
    SO many predicting the end of the Bush era. He's proved pretty resilient, I'll believe it when I see it!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Being assigned to the PS won't protect him from being snapped up by any other NFL team.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Several year end evaluations mentioned that Goode was a bit erratic last year, although, to be honest. I didn't notice it. His downfield coverage has always been below par, I think. I wonder if it is feasible from a practice standpoint to have Linsley, who is reportedly a good long snapper, be the regular at that and the backup C.

Probably not. MM has said he doesn't like to use the backup QB because he can't be in two places at once, practicing with the O and with the punter or kicker. He would probably feel the same about the backup center.

QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien

Competition: Backup QB - Tolzien could beat out Flynn for the backup spot. If so, Flynn probably gets cut.

RB Eddie Lacy, James Starks, John Kuhn, DuJuan Harris

Competition: 4th String RB - Johnathan Franklin, Rajion Neal, or LaDarius Perkins could win a 4th RB spot.

WR Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jarrett Boykin, Jared Abbrederis

Competiton: Backup Slot WR - Myles White could beat out Abbrederis for the backup slot receiver spot.
    Competition: 6th WR vs Roster Numbers - Jeff Janis, Kevin Dorsey, or Chris Harper could win a 6th WR spot.

TE Andrew Quarless, Brandon Bostick, Richard Rodgers, Ryan Taylor

Competition: Backup TE/Special Teams Ace - Jake Stoneburner could beat out Taylor for a backup spot.
    Competition: 4th TE vs. Roster Numbers - Green Bay could go with three TEs.

OL David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley, Don Barclay, Lane Taylor

Competition: 9th OL - An unheralded young player could beat out Taylor for a interior OL backup spot.
    Competition: 9th OL vs. Roster Numbers - Green Bay could carry eight OL. Unlikely, but possible.

DL Julius Peppers, B.J. Raji, Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton, Jerel Worthy

Competition: 7th DL - Letroy Guion or Mike Pennel could beat out Worthy for a backup spot, if Worthy does not show vast improvement in training camp.

OLB Clay Matthews, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Carl Bradford, Andy Mulumba

Competition: 5th OLB - Nate Palmer could beat out Mulumba for a backup spot.
    Competition: 5th OLB vs. Roster Numbers - Green Bay could go with four OLBs.

ILB A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington

Competition: Starting ILB - Jamari Lattimore or Sam Barrington could beat out Brad Jones for starting ILB. I'd like to see Bradford given a shot, but it's unlikely.

CB Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarrett Bush

Competition: Backup CB - Demetri Goodson, James Nixon, or Jumal Rolle could beat out House or Bush for a backup spot.

S Morgan Burnett, Hasean Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson, Micah Hyde

Competition: Backup S - Green Bay could carry four true safeties, giving Chris Banjo a shot at a roster spot. Otherwise, Green Bay could roll with Hyde and/or Bush as an emergency 4th safety.

ST Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

At least one UDFA will make this team. I'd also be pissed if we kept that scrum Tolzein over Janis.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien

Competition: Backup QB - Tolzien could beat out Flynn for the backup spot. If so, Flynn probably gets cut.

RB Eddie Lacy, James Starks, John Kuhn, DuJuan Harris

Competition: 4th String RB - Johnathan Franklin, Rajion Neal, or LaDarius Perkins could win a 4th RB spot.

WR Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jarrett Boykin, Jared Abbrederis

Competiton: Backup Slot WR - Myles White could beat out Abbrederis for the backup slot receiver spot.
    Competition: 6th WR vs Roster Numbers - Jeff Janis, Kevin Dorsey, or Chris Harper could win a 6th WR spot.

TE Andrew Quarless, Brandon Bostick, Richard Rodgers, Ryan Taylor

Competition: Backup TE/Special Teams Ace - Jake Stoneburner could beat out Taylor for a backup spot.
    Competition: 4th TE vs. Roster Numbers - Green Bay could go with three TEs.

OL David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley, Don Barclay, Lane Taylor

Competition: 9th OL - An unheralded young player could beat out Taylor for a interior OL backup spot.
    Competition: 9th OL vs. Roster Numbers - Green Bay could carry eight OL. Unlikely, but possible.

DL Julius Peppers, B.J. Raji, Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton, Jerel Worthy

Competition: 7th DL - Letroy Guion or Mike Pennel could beat out Worthy for a backup spot, if Worthy does not show vast improvement in training camp.

OLB Clay Matthews, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Carl Bradford, Andy Mulumba

Competition: 5th OLB - Nate Palmer could beat out Mulumba for a backup spot.
    Competition: 5th OLB vs. Roster Numbers - Green Bay could go with four OLBs.

ILB A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington

Competition: Starting ILB - Jamari Lattimore or Sam Barrington could beat out Brad Jones for starting ILB. I'd like to see Bradford given a shot, but it's unlikely.

CB Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarrett Bush

Competition: Backup CB - Demetri Goodson, James Nixon, or Jumal Rolle could beat out House or Bush for a backup spot.

S Morgan Burnett, Hasean Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson, Micah Hyde

Competition: Backup S - Green Bay could carry four true safeties, giving Chris Banjo a shot at a roster spot. Otherwise, Green Bay could roll with Hyde and/or Bush as an emergency 4th safety.

ST Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
    James Nixon was cut today.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quarterback (2):
    Flynn, Matt
    Rodgers, Aaron

Wide Receiver (6):
    Abbrederis, Jared (Or White)
    Adams, Davante
    Boykin, Jarrett
    Cobb, Randall
    Janis, Jeff (Or Dorsey)
    Nelson, Jordy

Tight End (3):
    Lyerla, Colt (Or Bostick)
    Quarless, Andrew
    Rodgers, Richard

Running Back (5):
    Harris, DuJuan (Or Franklin)
    Lacy, Eddie
    Liaina, Ina (Or Kuhn)
    Neal, Raijon (Or Perkins)
    Starks, James

Center (2):
    Linsley, Corey
    Tretter, J.C.

Guard (3):
    Lang, T.J.
    Sitton, Josh
    Taylor, Lane

Tackle (4):
    Bakhtiari, David
    Barclay, Don
    Bulaga, Bryan
    Sherrod, Derek (Or Tolzien - quarterback)

Defensive Line (7):
    Boyd, Josh
    Daniels, Mike
    Jones, Datone
    Neal, Michael
    Raji, B.J.
    Thornton, Khyri
    Worthy, Jerel

Inside Linebacker (4):
    Barrington, Sam (Or Jones)
    Bradford, Carl
    Hawk, A.J.
    Lattimore, Jamari

Outside Linebacker (5):
    Hubbard, Adrian (Or Banjo - safety)
    Matthews, Clay
    Mulumba, Andy
    Peppers, Julius
    Perry, Nick

Cornerback (6):
    Goodson, Demetri (Or Bush)
    Hayward, Casey
    House, Davon
    Hyde, Micah
    Shields, Sam
    Williams, Tramon

Safety (3):
    Burnett, Morgan
    Clinton-Dix, Ha'Sean
    Richardson, Sean

Special Teams (3):
    Crosby, Mason
    Masthay, Tim
    Goode, Brett

It might also be that they view Barclay as a capable backup at guard, and they let Taylor go. In that case, we could be keeping a third QB or perhaps an extra running back or DLineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Several year end evaluations mentioned that Goode was a bit erratic last year, although, to be honest. I didn't notice it. His downfield coverage has always been below par, I think. I wonder if it is feasible from a practice standpoint to have Linsley, who is reportedly a good long snapper, be the regular at that and the backup C.

Probably not. MM has said he doesn't like to use the backup QB because he can't be in two places at once, practicing with the O and with the punter or kicker. He would probably feel the same about the backup center.

I think you're completely wrong here, Patler. There's no reason Linsley couldn't do it, as long as he....

keeps it snappy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack