NT Raji, Boyd
    DE/OLB Peppers, Neal
    OLB Matthews, Perry, Bradford, Hubbard
    ILB Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington
    CB Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush
    CB/S Hyde
    S Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson
    ST Crosby, Masthay, Goode
    Solid. A couple guys might need to fill out/develop there yet but other than that it's tough to see many holes...
    Get healthy Perry, Worthy and Matthews.
    The TE's are unproven but I could see every one of the three guys listed behind Quarless being better than him sooner than later.
    I think Harper (if his hammy doesn't continue to flare) and Mulumba are gonna stick but if they don't that's probably a good thing because it means the white rook receivers and Hubbard will have impressed Thompson and coaches.
    Barclay is being worked inside and out which might open up a spot somewhere else - like Taylor who is a solid STer maybe.
    Please step up Datone Jones.

QB (2) Rodgers, Flynn
    RB (5) Lacy, Starks, Harris, Perkins, Kuhn
    WR (6) Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, White, Dorsey
    TE (4) Bostick, Quarless, Rodgers, Taylor
    OL (8) Linsley, Tretter, Lang, Sitton, Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Sherrod, Barclay
    DL (6) Boyd, Jones, Thornton, Daniels, Guion, Raji
    OLB (6) Bradford, Matthews, Mulumba, Perry, Neal, Peppers
    ILB (4) Barrington, Hawk, Brad Jones, Lattimore
    CB (5) Bush, Hayward, House, Shields, Williams
    S (4) Hyde, Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson
    ST (3) Crosby, Masthay, Goode

PUP: Worthy
    IR: Abbrederis

PS: Gerhart, Goodson, Pennel, Doughty, Thomas, Rajion Neal, Perillo, Rettig
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    QB (2) Rodgers, Flynn

I assume you're liking Perkins as a return man on special teams? I am interested to see him and Neal perform in the pre-season.

I noticed that Lyerla is not on any of your lists for team or practice squad. Did he get injured hurdling the guy during Family Night? IR, as for Abby, could prove to be a good "red shirt" type of a season for Colt; get some stability in his life. If he is OK injury-wise, I'd love to see what he can do in pre-season.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I assume you're liking Perkins as a return man on special teams? I am interested to see him and Neal perform in the pre-season.

I noticed that Lyerla is not on any of your lists for team or practice squad. Did he get injured hurdling the guy during Family Night? IR, as for Abby, could prove to be a good "red shirt" type of a season for Colt; get some stability in his life. If he is OK injury-wise, I'd love to see what he can do in pre-season.
    Forgot about Lyerla. He'll be on PS if his injury doesn't put him on IR.

QB (2) Rodgers, Flynn

I like your latest version, especially the choice of WRs, and whatever the fate of Lyerla. I would add Stoneburner and subtract Guion. Somebody else is bound to end up on IR. If/when that happens, I think Tolzien slips in as a 3rd QB. I doubt Rettig even makes the PS. Ditto that for Gerhart if he is eligible. We always pick a few om other teams for the PS.

From things I read, and absolutely having nothing to do with my assessment, this Joe Thomas at ILB seems likely to make the 53.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Forgot about Lyerla. He'll be on PS if his injury doesn't put him on IR.
    I really don't see Lyerla making it to the PS. If he keeps his nose clean and the Packers cut him, someone else will claim him to have a look. Too many tools and potential to make it through waivers.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I really don't see Lyerla making it to the PS. If he keeps his nose clean and the Packers cut him, someone else will claim him to have a look. Too many tools and potential to make it through waivers.
    Nobody wanted to touch him. I don't know that teams are going to change their mind just because he made it through training camp without getting into trouble.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Nobody wanted to touch him. I don't know that teams are going to change their mind just because he made it through training camp without getting into trouble.
    While an injury is never a good thing, the silver lining could be him getting a year on IR, rehabbing, getting immersed in the system and coming back to compete for a shot at the 53-man next year. If his injury is not serious, and they were to waive him, he likely wouldn't sign to someone else's PS at that point, and I don't think someone would take a chance of putting him on their 53-man roster.

I hope he sticks around somehow.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

QB (3) Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien
    RB (4) Eddie Lacy, James Starks, DuJuan Harris (KR), John Kuhn
    WR (5) Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Myles White
    TE (4) Brandon Bostick, Richard Rodgers, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor*
    OL (8) David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Don Barclay, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley
    DL (5) Mike Daniels, B.J. Raji, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton
    OLB (6) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Carl Bradford, Nate Palmer
    ILB (5) A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington, Joe Thomas
    CB (5) Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarret Bush
    S (5) Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde (PR), Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson, Chris Banjo
    ST (3) Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode

IR: WR Jared Abbrederis, TE Colt Lyerla
    PS: RB Raijon Neal, TE Justin Perillo, OL John Fullington, DL Mike Pennel, OLB Jayrone Elliott, OLB Adrian Hubbard, ILB Jake Doughty, CB Demetri Goodson

*If Lyerla can return in 2 weeks, I still think he has a shot at a roster spot--because he can play STs and has more upside than Taylor or Stoneburner as a receiver. If he's out longer than 2 weeks, I think they'll try to stash him on IR or PS.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'd like to see them stash Lyerla on IR, let him heal up mentally & physically. Being away from football made him rusty. He's the most athletic TE they have.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    QB (3) Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien
    RB (4) Eddie Lacy, James Starks, DuJuan Harris (KR), John Kuhn
    WR (5) Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Myles White
    TE (4) Brandon Bostick, Richard Rodgers, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor*
    OL (8) David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, J.C. Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Don Barclay, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley
    DL (5) Mike Daniels, B.J. Raji, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Khyri Thornton
    OLB (6) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Carl Bradford, Nate Palmer
    ILB (5) A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington, Joe Thomas
    CB (5) Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarret Bush
    S (5) Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde (PR), Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson, Chris Banjo
    ST (3) Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode

IR: WR Jared Abbrederis, TE Colt Lyerla
    PS: RB Raijon Neal, TE Justin Perillo, OL John Fullington, DL Mike Pennel, OLB Jayrone Elliott, OLB Adrian Hubbard, ILB Jake Doughty, CB Demetri Goodson

*If Lyerla can return in 2 weeks, I still think he has a shot at a roster spot--because he can play STs and has more upside than Taylor or Stoneburner as a receiver. If he's out longer than 2 weeks, I think they'll try to stash him on IR or PS.
    Is 5 DL typical? I could see a 6th DL and not keeping Banjo around. Otherwise, I think this is pretty spot on.

They won't keep 3 QBs and Janis will make the 53 let alone missing the PS completely. Also don't see Palmer making the 53 and they will keep more then 5 DL.

Forgot About Janis. He was on my 53 previously. Put him on PS. I think they keep 3 QBs this year. Flynn gets one year before Tolzien takes over next year. Five is light on DL, but I think they'll go with the best 53 at cut time and then look to add DL from another team. Hard for Worthy and Guion to win spots if they don't play. I thought about Pennel over Thomas, but Moss seems to really like Thomas. I also thought about Elliott over Palmer, but Palmer appears to be on most of the #1 ST units. He might be a better bet than I thought originally.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Forgot About Janis. He was on my 53 previously. Put him on PS. I think they keep 3 QBs this year. Flynn gets one year before Tolzien takes over next year. Five is light on DL, but I think they'll go with the best 53 at cut time and then look to add DL from another team. Hard for Worthy and Guion to win spots if they don't play. I thought about Pennel over Thomas, but Moss seems to really like Thomas. I also thought about Elliott over Palmer, but Palmer appears to be on most of the #1 ST units. He might be a better bet than I thought originally.
    Why do we need Tolzien to take over for Flynn next year? Flynn is only 2 years older and Tolzien seems to be struggling so far in training camp. I still think Janis will make it over White, Dorsey, and Harper who have all been inconsistent. Also don't think they will IR Colt for just a knee sprain, he should be back this preseason. You also don't need to take out Thomas to add another DL when you keep 2 QBs.

I want to make a 53 but someone keeps getting injured so I'll wait a few days before final cuts to make my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Is 5 DL typical? I could see a 6th DL and not keeping Banjo around.
    Agreed, Banjo had his 15 minutes of fame last summer. He might get on a roster somewhere. Sean Richardson is the new It player.

5 DL would be unusual, but you also have Peppers who can, and probably will play some DE. I think they will keep Worthy, either on the 53 or PUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I want to make a 53 but someone keeps getting injured so I'll wait a few days before final cuts to make my prediction.
    Thanks for the update, will check back to this thread later.

ps. What would your hero say? "I'm not so sure if I can beat Frazier, give me a couple days to think on it." or "I'm gonna killa the gorilla in Manilla."

I wouldn't call Ali my hero but I think we all know what he would say.