• Abbrederis

12 57.14%
  • Janis

9 42.86%

Thread: Abbrederis or Janis?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How come everyone laments about Abbrederis being a light weight at 6'1" and 195 lbs but not Janis at 6'3" and 219 lbs? I've seen pictures of both and they seem to be of similar build.
    Abbrederis has a history of conclusions and only put up 4 bench reps at the combine...lowest of all combine participants. Janis put up 20 bench reps and Ted said he had him ranked as the 2nd best athlete out of all the WRs in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Abbrederis has a history of conclusions and only put up 4 bench reps at the combine...lowest of all combine participants. Janis put up 20 bench reps and Ted said he had him ranked as the 2nd best athlete out of all the WRs in this draft.
    The difference between 4 reps and 20 is the difference between me and a football player!

I'll root for Abbrederis, but I wouldn't be surprised if Janis opens some eyes and is healthier, landing him a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    The difference between 4 reps and 20 is the difference between me and a football player!

I'll root for Abbrederis, but I wouldn't be surprised if Janis opens some eyes and is healthier, landing him a spot.
    That 4 reps is scary low, but I have some empathy. My bench #s always sucked, and search me why. I spent enough time in the gym, my other lifts were ok, but I struggled to get to 225 on the bench, forget doing reps, search me why. I didn't lack for strength on the field, so it's not like it's a direct relationship.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    That 4 reps is scary low, but I have some empathy. My bench #s always sucked, and search me why. I spent enough time in the gym, my other lifts were ok, but I struggled to get to 225 on the bench, forget doing reps, search me why. I didn't lack for strength on the field, so it's not like it's a direct relationship.
    I was in the same boat... could squat out of the gym and had to do legs with the linemen. We had a lot of guys maxing over 300 on the bench... I put up maybe 3 reps at the height of my training with 225, but would be hard pressed to do one now. I don't work out anymore. I threw up 185 at my buddies house just messing around a few times. Hopefully I could still push the double plates once. You'd think Abbrederis could do more just going through college programs, but arm length and all of that factors in a lot as well.