• Abbrederis

12 57.14%
  • Janis

9 42.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Abbrederis or Janis?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    After some careful thought and analysis. If I had to guess which of these two Rookie prospects will make the Final 53:

I'd say it will be the heavier and faster and stronger one. The more athletic one and that tells me it should be:

WR Jeff Janis....This might be TT's Diamond In the Rough Ego pick.

A few knocks on Jeff Janis:

a) the size of his hands

b) The competition Janis faced in College Vs Abbrederis's schools competition being superior.

c) Jeff Janis may play softer than his strength and size might promise.

It appears as if Abbrederis is mentally tough and mature to get the job done.

The bottom line or who makes the final Roster @ WR?

I have two locks there now or Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb.

Jarrett Boykin very probably earned "a ticket to ride" based on his play last season.

My message would be the rest of the spots are wide open...and let "the best men" win.
    Good post. I'm with you Woody, let the best men win the 5-6 WR spots.

84 Abbrederis, Jared WR 6-1 195 23 R Wisconsin
    17 Adams, Davante WR 6-1 212 21 R Fresno State
    11 Boykin, Jarrett WR 6-2 218 24 3 Virginia Tech
    18 Cobb, Randall WR 5-10 192 23 4 Kentucky
    6 Dorsey, Kevin WR 6-1 207 24 2 Maryland
    1 Gillett, Alex WR 6-1 214 23 1 Eastern Michigan
    13 Harper, Chris WR 6-1 228 24 2 Kansas State
    83 Janis, Jeff WR 6-3 219 22 R Saginaw Valley State
    87 Nelson, Jordy WR 6-3 217 28 7 Kansas State
    19 White, Myles WR 6-0 182 24 2 Louisiana Tech

I'm excited to see what Chris Harper can do with an entire off-season, and who even knows about Kevin Dorsey? Looks like some good competition and that always helps.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Myles White is 190 now!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ^^^ Myles White is 190 now!
    Fixed!

19 White, Myles WR 6-0 190 24 2 Louisiana Tech (He super-sized a few meals I see)
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'd be willing to bet Myles White has a Donald Driveresque 4% level of body fat.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

i think we go 6 deep at WR this year and keep both guys

chances are 1 or 2 of the group is gonna be lost for a large chunk of the year, and our TE's are a group of suck holes when it comes to catching the ball. so, keep more wr's and run more 5 wr sets

When one of your biggest concerns for new player are hoping he can stay healthy, GB is NOT the place for that player. I really like Abbrederis, but he's doomed in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think we go 6 deep at WR this year and keep both guys

chances are 1 or 2 of the group is gonna be lost for a large chunk of the year, and our TE's are a group of suck holes when it comes to catching the ball. so, keep more wr's and run more 5 wr sets
    Run 5 WR sets when you have Lacy? Not likely. Packers didn't even run 4 WR sets that much last year. They might keep 6 WR's, but it will just depend on how well they perform in training camp/preseason. TT will try to keep the best 53 players as much as is possible. It all depends on how good the 6th guy is.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

We didn't run many 4-5 WR sets last season because of injuries to Rodgers, Finley, Cobb, and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    We didn't run many 4-5 WR sets last season because of injuries to Rodgers, Finley, Cobb, and Jones.
    Not having Finley would probably make the Packers more likely to use 4-5 WR's, not less. And not having Rodgers didn't seem to matter because the Packers actually ran the ball more with Rodgers than without. When you have a back like Lacy, you're not going to take him off the field very often for a 5 WR set. The injury to Cobb may have had an impact, but I still think with Lacy you'll see fewer 4-5 WR sets than you saw in the past.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not having Finley would probably make the Packers more likely to use 4-5 WR's, not less. And not having Rodgers didn't seem to matter because the Packers actually ran the ball more with Rodgers than without. When you have a back like Lacy, you're not going to take him off the field very often for a 5 WR set. The injury to Cobb may have had an impact, but I still think with Lacy you'll see fewer 4-5 WR sets than you saw in the past.
    The reason we didn't run many 4-5 WR sets had to so with lack of personnel. Finley lined up as a WR in those 4-5 WR sets, they didn't leave him on the sidelines. At one point we really had only Nelson and Boykin so of course we aren't going to run 4-5 WR sets. Obviously Rodgers mattered, hes a top 3 QB in the league. Only reason Lacy ran more with Rodgers in the line up was to run the clock down with the lead. Lacy or no Lacy if we have talent at the WR position we are going to continue to see those 4-5 WR sets with Rodgers at QB.

I read on the GB Press-Gazette website that Abbrederis was the best guy there fielding punts and kicks - even better than Adams - during the rookie camp so this might be where he earns his stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I read on the GB Press-Gazette website that Abbrederis was the best guy there fielding punts and kicks - even better than Adams - during the rookie camp so this might be where he earns his stripes.
    Adams wasn't a return man in college so I would hope Abby is better. I was mentioning how I didn't like how Abby's was a body catcher but for catching punts thats a good thing. I knows its early but unless an injury occurs I think he's pretty much locked up the punt return job.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Adams wasn't a return man in college so I would hope Abby is better. I was mentioning how I didn't like how Abby's was a body catcher but for catching punts thats a good thing. I knows its early but unless an injury occurs I think he's pretty much locked up the punt return job.
    i think his returning is a pretty big reason as to why he was even drafted. for kick returns, with all the new rules and the nfl trying to eliminate the return, you just need a smart guy back there to catch the ball and know when not to bring it out of the end zone (a luxury we didn't have early last season)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Good post. I'm with you Woody, let the best men win the 5-6 WR spots.

84 Abbrederis, Jared WR 6-1 195 23 R Wisconsin
    17 Adams, Davante WR 6-1 212 21 R Fresno State
    11 Boykin, Jarrett WR 6-2 218 24 3 Virginia Tech
    18 Cobb, Randall WR 5-10 192 23 4 Kentucky
    6 Dorsey, Kevin WR 6-1 207 24 2 Maryland
    1 Gillett, Alex WR 6-1 214 23 1 Eastern Michigan
    13 Harper, Chris WR 6-1 228 24 2 Kansas State
    83 Janis, Jeff WR 6-3 219 22 R Saginaw Valley State
    87 Nelson, Jordy WR 6-3 217 28 7 Kansas State
    19 White, Myles WR 6-0 182 24 2 Louisiana Tech

I'm excited to see what Chris Harper can do with an entire off-season, and who even knows about Kevin Dorsey? Looks like some good competition and that always helps.
    That makes sense. That adds legitimacy to TC and competition and should add "the REAL" that brings out the best in everyone in camp.

It has to be:

A privilege to be a Green Bay Packer.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What are the chances that he makes it out of camp not on IR?
    Apparently zero. He didn't last a week.

Abby is done for the season with that knee. Hopefully Janis' shingles are better and he can start to practice tomorrow.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...topic-overview Hmm, if it is shingles, that's a bit unusual for a younger person to contract. I guess it can be painful. Since Abby is out for the year, I hope that Janis can get better soon and make his mark, although, I'm hoping that they don't really need his production, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...topic-overview Hmm, if it is shingles, that's a bit unusual for a younger person to contract. I guess it can be painful. Since Abby is out for the year, I hope that Janis can get better soon and make his mark, although, I'm hoping that they don't really need his production, if you know what I mean.
    It's becoming more common at a younger age, a knock-on effect of the chicken pox vaccine. Less people getting chicken pox means you have exposure to it, less immunity built up. If you've already had chicken pox, this give the virus (that you carry for life) an opportunity to flare up again when your immunity is low.

This could have a long term effect. If he gets a bad case, it can affect eyesight by giving you light sensitivity.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...