Thread: WR Battle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WR Battle

I think the fight for roster spots among WRs is going to be very, very interesting.

Forget about Nelson, Cobb and Adams who will be on the roster absent injuries. Probably Boykin, too, based on his experience alone. Boykin is the third most experienced WR, but certainly can not take it for granted that he will make the team.

Which of the others will make a move to secure roster spots?

Harper - I think many fans are dismissing him too easily. Obviously, 2013 did not turn out for him the way he would have liked, but he brings a few things to the table that are interesting, to say the least. He had the talent to be a 4th round pick just last year. Neither Seattle nor SF gave up on him, Seattle had him on their PS squad, and the story was SF wanted to get him to theirs after their injury picture at WR cleared up and he was released. Big, physical guy who seems to have his focus right. Interesting article about him today:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...263308181.html

Abbrederis is a survivor who finds a way, but can he stay healthy and in one piece? Janis is an intriguing combination of size and speed who was dominant at a lower level of college ball. Can he make the transition?. Either or both could push hard for a roster spot.

Dorsey, Gillette and White are probably the longest shots to make the roster, but have interesting stories as well; and Gillette and White were fighters last year. Dorsey didn't have much opportunity.

Boykin seems like a virtual lock to make the roster, but if Adams ascends to the #3 WR spot early, Boykin at #4 could be vulnerable to the higher potentials of some of the others.

I think training camp and preseason games will be very interesting for WRs.
    Last edited by Patler; 06-17-2014 at 04:58 AM.