Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I understand the love of the game and the lifetime earnings thing, but if the best TE in the NFL gets "only" $10 million per year, how in the good Lord's name will Finley get anywhere near that. And yet if he retires, he gets that AND ITS TAX FREE, so like $14 million to stay home and not live your years in a wheel chair.
    I'm with ya... if I'm Finley I walk away and call it a career. Take up golf.
    wist

Thought experiment:

Eli Manning is not the prototypical ideal for a pocket QB. He throws too many interceptions and can be very inaccurate at times.

He is getting a new offense where accuracy could be at a premium (McAdoo and some form of the West Coast offense).

If they struggle, who gets the blame? Eli has at times been very unpopular in New York, but McAdoo is the unproven commodity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-new-offense/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Seahawks WR Sidney Rice has retired from NFL, the team announced today.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

More Rice News:

Ray Rice is suspended the first 2 games of 2014 for his domestic abuse incident. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/bal...mestic-assault
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    More Rice News:

Ray Rice is suspended the first 2 games of 2014 for his domestic abuse incident. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/bal...mestic-assault
    Its good that punching a women is less heinous that getting caught with marijuana a second time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In the "Turn out the lights, the party's over" category, Jax WR Justin Blackmon, who is suspended indefinitely, was arrested for marijuana possession. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/jac...ckmon-arrested

Can you be more stupid than Blackmon? Would Tank beat him out in a common sense-a-thon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Can you be more stupid than Blackmon? Would Tank beat him out in a common sense-a-thon?
    The only person in that organization dumber than he's been is the guy who decided to use the 5th overall pick of the draft on him. He came into the draft loaded down with red flags, and has justified them all.

I believe they have someone else running the organization now.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'm with ya... if I'm Finley I walk away and call it a career. Take up golf.
    But golf is tough on the back. Better to take up whist.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

from PFT
    Three games for words.
    Two games for hitting a woman!
    Full year for pot.

The NFL is upside down.
    (Priefer got 3 games for homophobic comments)
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Report that Marshawn Lynch will be a hold out. He is entering the 3rd year of a 4 year, 30 million dollar contract. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/mar...ahawks-holdout

Probably looking for more guaranteed money.

Its like coaches don't read press coverage of other coaches that get fired quickly, and then go out and make the same mistakes. Let's say that the Kaepernick comparison is valid (he got VERY few snaps - 5 attempt rookie year, 9 in 2nd year prior to Alex Smith getting hurt versus the Rams), it still makes it on of the VERY few instances of this dumb idea working.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ialty-package/

“That’s how Colin Kaepernick got his start in the NFL, as a package quarterback,” Pettine said of the former 49ers backup. “On the other side of the ball, I’ve seen that give defenses some trouble. I think there’s positives and negatives to it. You’re taking your starter off the field. You have his rhythm and continuity to take into account, but at the same time defensively you’re now forcing a team to basically come up with two game plans. I mean, there are pluses and minuses to it and it’s something I’m sure will be discussed at some point.”
    This is a defensive coaches mindset, one who has not adjusted to thinking about building an actual functional offense. He might as well just change his name to Ryan.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1h
    I'm going to be really depressed when Kyle Shanahan and CLE put Manziel in to run WAS/RG3 pistol read stuff right into teeth of the defense

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1h
    .@RobertOlson92 well bigger thing is Manziel is a different kind of QB. A small guy who is an instinctive scrambler, not for designed runs

@smartfootball Exactly. I'm just saying that if you want long-term success on offense, the Shanahan/RG3 offense from 2012 is not the answer.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

SJG$ ‏@SJGMoney 58m
    @smartfootball @RobertOlson92 Except Sumlin had plenty of designed runs for him for some reason. Started off both Bama games that way.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 56m
    @SJGMoney @RobertOlson92 he had a few, not saying he can't do it, though it's also about the NFL beating vs college.

Robert Olson ‏@RobertOlson92 55m
    @smartfootball @SJGMoney Exactly.

SJG$ ‏@SJGMoney 53m
    @RobertOlson92 @smartfootball Not disagreeing, it struck me as odd that Sumlin would risk that last year. He had more than a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report that Marshawn Lynch will be a hold out. He is entering the 3rd year of a 4 year, 30 million dollar contract. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/mar...ahawks-holdout

Probably looking for more guaranteed money.
    Can't see him getting it. There are too many other guys who need to get paid, and although he's played very well for them, he's more fungible than the others.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its like coaches don't read press coverage of other coaches that get fired quickly, and then go out and make the same mistakes. Let's say that the Kaepernick comparison is valid (he got VERY few snaps - 5 attempt rookie year, 9 in 2nd year prior to Alex Smith getting hurt versus the Rams), it still makes it on of the VERY few instances of this dumb idea working.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ialty-package/

This is a defensive coaches mindset, one who has not adjusted to thinking about building an actual functional offense. He might as well just change his name to Ryan.
    Worked for Tebow! Oh, wait...
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Can't see him getting it. There are too many other guys who need to get paid, and although he's played very well for them, he's more fungible than the others.
    I agree, but I'm certainly for anything that causes a distraction for Seattle.

Possible big Super Bowl hangover coming to Seattle? No Golden "Shower" Tate, possibly no Marshawn Lynch? If he doesn't play for them, the "Is Russel Wilson a truly great QB" debate will get resolved quickly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
    Ben Roethlisberger emphasized fitness, arm strength in offseason http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wDG

Now that he is married, he spends less time on assault.

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 44m
    CB Aaron Ross (Achilles) has been officially placed on Injured Reserve.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5h
    Rex Ryan speaking here, saying that rookie S Calvin Pryor had a head injury during practice. May be a concussion

#winning