Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Things going sideways for Pro Football Talk again.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5h
    Elephant in the NFL media room: There's very little if any direct mention of the photo of Manziel tightly rolling up a bill in a bathroom.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 4h
    In two press conferences and counting, no one has asked Manziel about the photo of the rolled-up bill http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wDq

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 3h
    To clarify, Manziel was asked one question about the rolled up bill and the transcript was edited by the team to not mention it.

Manziel's answer was evasive, and the question of what Manziel was doing with the rolled-up bill remains unanswered, probably for good.

That folks, is going in a circle in a hurry.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 7h
    49ers confirm Kendall Hunter tore his ACL in yesterday's practice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 7h
    Just sat down with Steelers Ben Roethlisberger. Interesting. His relationship with OC Todd Haley has reached point he calls him a "friend.''

To me, Chip Kelly makes a lot of sense in this article. People expect every player drafted to be a 15 year starter and constant all-pro but that's not reality. Half of them suck their first day on the job. Most of the other half take time to develop before they are at best marginal starters.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-draft-hype/

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    To me, Chip Kelly makes a lot of sense in this article. People expect every player drafted to be a 15 year starter and constant all-pro but that's not reality. Half of them suck their first day on the job. Most of the other half take time to develop before they are at best marginal starters.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-draft-hype/
    Kelly is right. What he doesn't mention though is that The NFL is a big part of the hype that he disdains. What used to be an event that only football junkies watched on ESPN is now a prime time three-night show on the NFL Network. And not even ESPN spends as much time on pre-draft coverage as the NFL Network does.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Tell Chip Kelly if he can manage to remove the salary cap and kill the 3 years after high school rule, then people will pay as much attention to the NFL Draft as they do the MLB draft.

Every GM in the League values it more than George Allen did for a reason.

I was speaking more from a armchair GM standpoint where people freak out about draft picks not panning out then call for a GM's head. Amateur GM guy who clearly knows more than anyone else on building a team. I could name names but that might be rude.

49ers DT Glenn Dorsey out for season with torn biceps. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...o-49ers-season

Perhaps Pickett or Jolly will end up there.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Houston's draft picks not exactly panning out.

Clowney had the sports hernia, and now it sitting out 'with a leg', or more specifically(!) a right leg. Louis Nix, who many of us here were clamoring for as a Raji replacement as he slipped, is on the PUP after offseason knee surgery.

We moan about the Packers medical staff, but heads should be rolling over that mess.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m
    #Bengals are finalizing a deal with QB Andy Dalton on a 6-year extension, source confirms. Pays him more than Kaepernick (ESPN 1st reported)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    Will be curious to see final details of Andy Dalton’s contract. Early word was more fully guaranteed than Kaepernick’s $12.3M.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
    There are 6 new years on the Dalton deal, beyond him already signed in 2014. So Bengals have his rights thru 2020

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 30m
    BREAKING: Bengals + QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on 6-year, $115M contract ext

Breathtakingly dumb, unless it truly is like Kaepernick's deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m
    #Bengals are finalizing a deal with QB Andy Dalton on a 6-year extension, source confirms. Pays him more than Kaepernick (ESPN 1st reported)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    Will be curious to see final details of Andy Dalton’s contract. Early word was more fully guaranteed than Kaepernick’s $12.3M.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
    There are 6 new years on the Dalton deal, beyond him already signed in 2014. So Bengals have his rights thru 2020

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 30m
    BREAKING: Bengals + QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on 6-year, $115M contract ext

Breathtakingly dumb, unless it truly is like Kaepernick's deal.
    Only way I see this making sense is if the salary numbers start low-ish (say, $14M?) and climb every year. If they're paying him anywhere near the average of 19M they're making a huge mistake.
    --

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 1h
    Matt Millen doesn't count, Pete. RT @PriscoCBS I've had at least four NFL people tell me they think Seattle wins title with Dalton at QB.

I don't agree with Bretsky about Wilson's ultimate upside, but this statement is ludicrous. Dalton cannot keep plays alive, that is the point of much of the criticism.

Reports coming out now that Dalton's deal is 2yrs, $25M and year to year after that. About what I'd expect.
    --

All the Atlanta Falcons preview you need: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...1618139918/all

Your quarterback: Matt Ryan. All this time we've been wondering if Joe Flacco is elite. Meanwhile, Matty Ice skates by, completely under-scrutinized when it comes to elite-itude. Here is Matt Ryan's game log from a season ago. Can you pinpoint where Julio Jones gets hurt? I'll give you a hint: It's somewhere before Ryan throws 15 picks in his last 10 games. OOPTY!

Blog Entries
    One great comment from a Packer fan re: that Deadspin article...

"Sometimes I still watch the 2010 Packers/Falcons NFL Divisional game and touch myself."

A lot of QBs would have won that Super Bowl last season on the Seahawks. Should that really be a reason to pay a guy?

Things going sideways for Pro Football Talk again.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5h
    Elephant in the NFL media room: There's very little if any direct mention of the photo of Manziel tightly rolling up a bill in a bathroom.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 4h
    In two press conferences and counting, no one has asked Manziel about the photo of the rolled-up bill http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wDq

To clarify, Manziel was asked one question about the rolled up bill and the transcript was edited by the team to not mention it.

Manziel's answer was evasive, and the question of what Manziel was doing with the rolled-up bill remains unanswered, probably for good.

That folks, is going in a circle in a hurry.
    How hard is it to say "I was joking around with a friend" There are probably pictures of me with a rolled up bill in my nose pressed against baking soda from days of goofing around in college. Anyway, at the point that you say "goofing around" its effectively over. Prove me wrong.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 1h
    Matt Millen doesn't count, Pete. RT @PriscoCBS I've had at least four NFL people tell me they think Seattle wins title with Dalton at QB.

I don't agree with Bretsky about Wilson's ultimate upside, but this statement is ludicrous. Dalton cannot keep plays alive, that is the point of much of the criticism.
    Im not a badger fan. I have no reason to like Wilson other than I like his game (mental and physical.) I really believe he's good, and not just a little good. He's always on the ball, in charge, moving the ball, making things happen, reliable in that he consistently makes things happen, especially when they need it. He has a big enough arm, accurate, moves well...... He has everything you need, physically, but his composure and competitive drive set him apart. He's the best young qb IMO.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    A lot of QBs would have won that Super Bowl last season on the Seahawks. Should that really be a reason to pay a guy?
    Have you watched Russel Wilson play? 25 year old Pro Bowl QBs don't just grow on trees. The guy was in the top 5 for QB rating his rookie season and top 8 last year. Yes the defense is the reason they won the Super Bowl but who knows if they even get there without Wilson under center. IMO hes the next Drew Brees with the way he carries himself on and off the field, hard guy not to root for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Have you watched Russel Wilson play? 25 year old Pro Bowl QBs don't just grow on trees. The guy was in the top 5 for QB rating his rookie season and top 8 last year. Yes the defense is the reason they won the Super Bowl but who knows if they even get there without Wilson under center. IMO hes the next Drew Brees with the way he carries himself on and off the field, hard guy not to root for.
    Brees and Wilson are similar guys. Not the biggest QB's, but right at the top with flawless preparation and hard work. The guys seem to like both of 'em, too.