Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I guess my gripe is with the national "non football" media that is injecting itself into football.
There is too much here to respond to, but I have yet to see media complain about Manziel's grandfather's oil business. Football people moaning about his sense of entitlement (most of which was presumed before they met him) have been all over since the start of his sophomore season. I have seen stories about the strange nature of Manziel's family, but about the effect of wealth, not the oil business.

Non-football media injecting themselves into football matters often look dumb. While they may have something to say about the social significance of the signing, they know little about the motivations or needs of teams. Every round he dropped was evidence of conspiracy to some.

It should be noted Tebow had a Super Bowl commercial with Mom while Sam has stopped his reality show. Who is zooming who here?

And of the left I know about, most wanted Vick banned for life for abusing animals, not given a second chance. The constituencies for his second chance were mostly football clubs who weren't the Atlanta Falcons.