Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ok...

Not sure how a UDFA that clawed his way onto the team is an underachiever. Sam? No one seems to bring up the gay thing much any more, and when all was said and done he doesn't seem to have caused much in the way of problems in St-Louis, he just doesn't seem to be drawing any interest.
    According to a JSO article, Elliot didn't take things seriously until his senior year in college. Seems like an underachiever to me.

I honestly believe that if Sam had stayed in the closet, he would be on an NFL roster right now. He was SEC DOY and showed plenty of potentials in the pre-season.

A guy like Elliot had 3 sacks in a game against a backup tackle and he made the team. Well, Sam had multiple sacks in the preseason, too.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-23-2014 at 10:29 PM.

I don't think so Re:Sam... He lacks ideal size, underperformed at the combine. Compare to Jackson Jeffcoat. Jeffcoat was arguably better in college and did better at the combine with more preferrable size. Sam is a classic case of a fringe talent that would need to rely on incredible technique to survive in the league, but has no viable way of acquiring it due to the climate of the league (roster sizes, no d-league).

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne ยท 16h 16 hours ago
    Change in tune RT @RichCimini Ryan on Calvin Pryor: "He hasn't had the impact necessarily that all of us expected." http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-they-expected … …

Possibly another win for Ted by staying put.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    According to a JSO article, Elliot didn't take things seriously until his senior year in college. Seems like an underachiever to me.

I honestly believe that if Sam had stayed in the closet, he would be on an NFL roster right now. He was SEC DOY and showed plenty of potentials in the pre-season.

A guy like Elliot had 3 sacks in a game against a backup tackle and he made the team. Well, Sam had multiple sacks in the preseason, too.
    Colledge awards and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. Some guys don't translate well to the NFL, and he seems to be one of them. Do you really think St-Louis and Dallas both cut him despite the fact he could contribute.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post

Sam reminds me of Jamal Reynolds.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I didn't know Reynolds was gay.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I didn't know Reynolds was gay.
    im looking at this low hanging fruit and I think I'll pass.........

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't think so Re:Sam... He lacks ideal size, underperformed at the combine. Compare to Jackson Jeffcoat. Jeffcoat was arguably better in college and did better at the combine with more preferrable size. Sam is a classic case of a fringe talent that would need to rely on incredible technique to survive in the league, but has no viable way of acquiring it due to the climate of the league (roster sizes, no d-league).
    Sam was the most scrutinized 7th rounder ever in TC, and he performed. It's not like he looked lost and played like shit, ala Ricky Elmore. Sam posses the skills to be an NFL player.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Colledge awards and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. Some guys don't translate well to the NFL, and he seems to be one of them. Do you really think St-Louis and Dallas both cut him despite the fact he could contribute.
    St. Louis supposedly had too many good defensive lineman on their team. Well, they're dead last in the league in sacks with 4. Not saying sacks are everything; Dallas only has 6 and they're 6-1. But the Rams defensive line play has been very fucking inconsistent. They could've used Sam.

As for Dallas, I hope the football gods punish them for releasing Sam.

Sam never did anyhing against starters, man. That said, I will settle for any excuse for the Cowboys to be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You know, this seems to me a good comparison. Very good college players who were very light and used speed, but couldn't really play in the NFL.

I wonder what Jamaal Reynolds is doing these days. Selling insurance, maybe, in a partnership he has with Justin Harrell?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Seattle coming apart at the seams...

@mortreport: SEA has grown tired of Marshawn Lynch's act and will part ways with him after season...
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Seattle coming apart at the seams...

@mortreport: SEA has grown tired of Marshawn Lynch's act and will part ways with him after season...
    Hahahahahhahahhaha!

What is Marshawn Lynch's "act"?

Stand-up? Dramatic monologues?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What is Marshawn Lynch's "act"?

Stand-up? Dramatic monologues?
    He does reproductions of Jackson Pollack with Skittles.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bears have grown tired of Jay Cutler's act and will part ways with him at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Bears have grown tired of Jay Cutler's act and will part ways with him at halftime.
    Bears fans are going to be homicidal after this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder what Jamaal Reynolds is doing these days. Selling insurance, maybe, in a partnership he has with Justin Harrell?
    Here's your answer:

Reynolds lives in Tallahassee. He owns a rental properties firm and also purchases foreclosed properties to refurbish and sell them.

"It's fun to see a place torn down and then fix it up," Reynolds said. "You have to have a vision for it. I'm the vision guy. I enjoy the demolition work and do some myself. I get to relieve a little stress now that I don't play football."

Demolition Man!