Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
I don't even know that I'd say Vick was more productive. Cunningham was very good in his prime, and the focus of that Eagles offense, and had 3 consecutive seasons around 3500 yards, good for top 10 in the late 80's. Add in his rushing yards, and he was a force.

I don't remember him as being fast, but thinking about it, he must've been of course. He had an amazing arm, I remember some cross field throws where he'd roll out one way, then throw across the field with accuracy and velocity.

What I remember most, and was most surprised by, was his big season in Minnesota, playing jump ball with Moss and Carter going over 1000 yards. I also remember he'd pretty much entirely stopped running the ball at that point, and was mostly a pocket passer! I doubt Vick will ever transition to that.
Even going back only to Cunningham, the game was different then. Whereas their overall passing stats are somewhat similar, Cunningham had 5 seasons with stats that put him in the top 10 in most categories, and once lead the league in QB rating. Vick has not found his way to the top 10 except an isolated instance or two. The game has gotten easier for throwers, to the point that even Favre's records are not likely to last long even if Manning doesn't break them in the next couple seasons or three. (The TD record could be Mannings this season.)