Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The problem the League faces is that the letter of the law says a year. But given the mitigating circumstances and the Rice situation, where clearly the punishments need to be adjusted, it was a good case to reach an agreement.

I cannot see the advantage to Gordon to not negotiate, take an all or nothing approach on appeal. If he did, then he must be relying on the Courts. If he had no backup plan, then he is a fool.
    He certainly seems to be a fool.

I don't know why him and the Rice situation are so closely tied in the media. It seems like a straw man to me, there is no relationship between the two events, except proximity in time. As far as I know (and I could be wrong) Rice was not charged, and there is no evidence at all that he actually knocked her out. Rice's punishment seems to me to be a little like Ben R's, he was given a suspension because he 'tarnished the shield'. Shouldn't Gordon's suspension be compared to Reshad Jones, or Lavon Brazill?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He certainly seems to be a fool.

I don't know why him and the Rice situation are so closely tied in the media. It seems like a straw man to me, there is no relationship between the two events, except proximity in time. As far as I know (and I could be wrong) Rice was not charged, and there is no evidence at all that he actually knocked her out. Rice's punishment seems to me to be a little like Ben R's, he was given a suspension because he 'tarnished the shield'. Shouldn't Gordon's suspension be compared to Reshad Jones, or Lavon Brazill?
    Rice was charged and they came to an agreement. He has to undergo anger management classes and stay clean for a year. If he does his record is cleared of all wrong doing.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston