Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
The argument that he hit her, but not hard enough to knock her out is too precious for words.

Rice is dumb enough to get baited into a criminal act by someone spending his money. That is a special kind of fool. The kind of fool who can be manipulated by someone who is nearly blackout drunk. If this story is even partially true, he is dumber than he first appeared to be. That he isn't smart enough to leave that trouble behind that night, indeed, that he is dumb enough to stay with it, should be reason enough to get a larger suspension.

They both should have spent the night locked up.

But I am not comparing Rice and Gordon as people. I am comparing the punishments for their actions. Rice hit someone and gets 2 games. Gordon, apparently from a contact buzz (which seems almost too ludicrous to believe but I have not seen any insistence to the contrary) gets 1 year.
While I somewhat agree with you in your assessment of Rice, you have to know there are some pretty big caveats in there. It wasn't just anyone manipulating him, it was his fiance. She was nearly blackout drunk, and so was he. That makes it a very volatile situation. I doubt there are many of us who can not say we had a drunken squabble with out gf/fiance/wife/lover/etc and said and done some pretty regrettable things.