Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
I think part of the reason Goodell has waited to act in the McDonald case is that 1.) McDonald was still locked up when last I checked and 2.) the Ray Rice situation really had to be resolved first.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy of people like Terry Whatsherface of the National Organization of Women saying, after the new video leak, that Goodell should resign. But meanwhile, she - acting as the representative of NOW, failed to publicly comdemn Goodell until AFTER SHE SAW THE VIDEO.

So, should she resign, too, then? If her most recent public statements are indeed the correct course of action for someone in her position, it seems she failed in her role by not making them when this story first broke months ago. That's by her own standard.
I think the working theory there is that the League had reps who looked at the video and, given the leaks about it well before its release, that he would have been briefed on it.

Better question that never gets answered: Did they know they DIDN'T want to see it or was it some kind of general see no evil stance (why go looking for trouble)?