Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I understand the love of the game and the lifetime earnings thing, but if the best TE in the NFL gets "only" $10 million per year, how in the good Lord's name will Finley get anywhere near that. And yet if he retires, he gets that AND ITS TAX FREE, so like $14 million to stay home and not live your years in a wheel chair.
    I'm with ya... if I'm Finley I walk away and call it a career. Take up golf.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'm with ya... if I'm Finley I walk away and call it a career. Take up golf.
    But golf is tough on the back. Better to take up whist.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Houston's draft picks not exactly panning out.

Clowney had the sports hernia, and now it sitting out 'with a leg', or more specifically(!) a right leg. Louis Nix, who many of us here were clamoring for as a Raji replacement as he slipped, is on the PUP after offseason knee surgery.

We moan about the Packers medical staff, but heads should be rolling over that mess.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/15/new...raham-contract

Jimmy Graham: 4 years, 40 million, 12 million signing bonus, 21 million guaranteed.
    They're calling it a 2yr, $21M deal. 12M SB + 1M first year salary, 8M second year salary guaranteed for injury only. So they could cut him after the first year, but that would leave them paying 13M for a year's service from a TE. I wonder how the 3rd and 4th years are structured, he might have the option to hit the open market again at 29yrs old.
    --

The Saints have no cap room. Ever again.

How did I miss this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dy-conviction/

We should have this trial as a thread alongside the World Cup to get us through June.

Spectacular testimony that should be the basis of a new blockbuster comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart.

Prosecutor Jamie Adams: “You had alcohol.”

Hardy: “Champagne.”

Adams: “Is champagne alcohol?”

Hardy: “You tell me.”

Adams: “OK we’ll move on.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How did I miss this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dy-conviction/

We should have this trial as a thread alongside the World Cup to get us through June.

Spectacular testimony that should be the basis of a new blockbuster comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart.

That was awesomely funny.

You tell me.....

Idiot....

LOL....

Hardy has a second career as attorney or testimony consultant waiting for him when he retires.

I feel like Manziel will be as good as Timmy Tebone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I feel like Manziel will be as good as Timmy Tebone.
    He's the anti Timmy - plenty of NFL-ready talent, but wasted on the party life and being full of himself. Matt Leinart would be the closest example.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I just don't think he's really all that talented. To me, he's kinda like Doug Flutie or Teboner - a very good college quarterback whose skills will not translate well to the NFL.

I did not mean in terms of personality. I meant someone with lots and lots of press who really isn't that great.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I just don't think he's really all that talented. To me, he's kinda like Doug Flutie or Teboner - a very good college quarterback whose skills will not translate well to the NFL.

I did not mean in terms of personality. I meant someone with lots and lots of press who really isn't that great.
    I guess I see him more of the 'million dollar arm, five cent head' type. Tebone was just as you described, with most scouts thinking he was not going to be a good pro. Manziel's problem is between his ears, which is what the Pat's leaked scouting report indicates. Ryan Leaf might be a better comparison, talent, bad attitude, drugs, done.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I guess I see him more of the 'million dollar arm, five cent head' type. Tebone was just as you described, with most scouts thinking he was not going to be a good pro. Manziel's problem is between his ears, which is what the Pat's leaked scouting report indicates. Ryan Leaf might be a better comparison, talent, bad attitude, drugs, done.
    Leaf is an interesting comparison, though Manziel did not just breakout his last year in college. If he had Leaf's body, he would have gone much earlier.

I think he could make it. I fear he might run himself out of the League. I hope he doesn't.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'll take exception to the mention of Flutie in relation. Other than his pro debut in the USFL, he was successful. TD-INT was 86-68 at the NFL level. He wasn't a super star, but wasn't a bust either, and I think would have done ok if given a reasonable opportunity, but between crossing the picket line in '87 and that he played in the league when they barely looked at guys who were not 6'2" pocket passers. He spent his prime in the CFL, but I think he would have done well in the NFL during those years.
    --

Thought experiment:

Eli Manning is not the prototypical ideal for a pocket QB. He throws too many interceptions and can be very inaccurate at times.

He is getting a new offense where accuracy could be at a premium (McAdoo and some form of the West Coast offense).

If they struggle, who gets the blame? Eli has at times been very unpopular in New York, but McAdoo is the unproven commodity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-new-offense/

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Seahawks WR Sidney Rice has retired from NFL, the team announced today.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

More Rice News:

Ray Rice is suspended the first 2 games of 2014 for his domestic abuse incident. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/bal...mestic-assault
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    More Rice News:

Ray Rice is suspended the first 2 games of 2014 for his domestic abuse incident. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/bal...mestic-assault
    Its good that punching a women is less heinous that getting caught with marijuana a second time.

In the "Turn out the lights, the party's over" category, Jax WR Justin Blackmon, who is suspended indefinitely, was arrested for marijuana possession. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/jac...ckmon-arrested
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Can you be more stupid than Blackmon? Would Tank beat him out in a common sense-a-thon?