Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Can you be more stupid than Blackmon? Would Tank beat him out in a common sense-a-thon?
    The only person in that organization dumber than he's been is the guy who decided to use the 5th overall pick of the draft on him. He came into the draft loaded down with red flags, and has justified them all.

I believe they have someone else running the organization now.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

from PFT
    Three games for words.
    Two games for hitting a woman!
    Full year for pot.

The NFL is upside down.
    (Priefer got 3 games for homophobic comments)
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Report that Marshawn Lynch will be a hold out. He is entering the 3rd year of a 4 year, 30 million dollar contract. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/mar...ahawks-holdout

Probably looking for more guaranteed money.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report that Marshawn Lynch will be a hold out. He is entering the 3rd year of a 4 year, 30 million dollar contract. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/mar...ahawks-holdout

Probably looking for more guaranteed money.
    Can't see him getting it. There are too many other guys who need to get paid, and although he's played very well for them, he's more fungible than the others.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Can't see him getting it. There are too many other guys who need to get paid, and although he's played very well for them, he's more fungible than the others.
    I agree, but I'm certainly for anything that causes a distraction for Seattle.

Its like coaches don't read press coverage of other coaches that get fired quickly, and then go out and make the same mistakes. Let's say that the Kaepernick comparison is valid (he got VERY few snaps - 5 attempt rookie year, 9 in 2nd year prior to Alex Smith getting hurt versus the Rams), it still makes it on of the VERY few instances of this dumb idea working.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ialty-package/

“That’s how Colin Kaepernick got his start in the NFL, as a package quarterback,” Pettine said of the former 49ers backup. “On the other side of the ball, I’ve seen that give defenses some trouble. I think there’s positives and negatives to it. You’re taking your starter off the field. You have his rhythm and continuity to take into account, but at the same time defensively you’re now forcing a team to basically come up with two game plans. I mean, there are pluses and minuses to it and it’s something I’m sure will be discussed at some point.”
    This is a defensive coaches mindset, one who has not adjusted to thinking about building an actual functional offense. He might as well just change his name to Ryan.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its like coaches don't read press coverage of other coaches that get fired quickly, and then go out and make the same mistakes. Let's say that the Kaepernick comparison is valid (he got VERY few snaps - 5 attempt rookie year, 9 in 2nd year prior to Alex Smith getting hurt versus the Rams), it still makes it on of the VERY few instances of this dumb idea working.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ialty-package/

This is a defensive coaches mindset, one who has not adjusted to thinking about building an actual functional offense. He might as well just change his name to Ryan.
    Worked for Tebow! Oh, wait...
    --

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1h
    I'm going to be really depressed when Kyle Shanahan and CLE put Manziel in to run WAS/RG3 pistol read stuff right into teeth of the defense

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1h
    .@RobertOlson92 well bigger thing is Manziel is a different kind of QB. A small guy who is an instinctive scrambler, not for designed runs

@smartfootball Exactly. I'm just saying that if you want long-term success on offense, the Shanahan/RG3 offense from 2012 is not the answer.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

SJG$ ‏@SJGMoney 58m
    @smartfootball @RobertOlson92 Except Sumlin had plenty of designed runs for him for some reason. Started off both Bama games that way.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 56m
    @SJGMoney @RobertOlson92 he had a few, not saying he can't do it, though it's also about the NFL beating vs college.

Robert Olson ‏@RobertOlson92 55m
    @smartfootball @SJGMoney Exactly.

SJG$ ‏@SJGMoney 53m
    @RobertOlson92 @smartfootball Not disagreeing, it struck me as odd that Sumlin would risk that last year. He had more than a few.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Possible big Super Bowl hangover coming to Seattle? No Golden "Shower" Tate, possibly no Marshawn Lynch? If he doesn't play for them, the "Is Russel Wilson a truly great QB" debate will get resolved quickly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
    Ben Roethlisberger emphasized fitness, arm strength in offseason http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wDG

Now that he is married, he spends less time on assault.

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 44m
    CB Aaron Ross (Achilles) has been officially placed on Injured Reserve.

Things going sideways for Pro Football Talk again.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5h
    Elephant in the NFL media room: There's very little if any direct mention of the photo of Manziel tightly rolling up a bill in a bathroom.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 4h
    In two press conferences and counting, no one has asked Manziel about the photo of the rolled-up bill http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wDq

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 3h
    To clarify, Manziel was asked one question about the rolled up bill and the transcript was edited by the team to not mention it.

Manziel's answer was evasive, and the question of what Manziel was doing with the rolled-up bill remains unanswered, probably for good.

That folks, is going in a circle in a hurry.

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 7h
    Just sat down with Steelers Ben Roethlisberger. Interesting. His relationship with OC Todd Haley has reached point he calls him a "friend.''

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Things going sideways for Pro Football Talk again.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5h
    Elephant in the NFL media room: There's very little if any direct mention of the photo of Manziel tightly rolling up a bill in a bathroom.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 4h
    In two press conferences and counting, no one has asked Manziel about the photo of the rolled-up bill http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wDq

To clarify, Manziel was asked one question about the rolled up bill and the transcript was edited by the team to not mention it.

Manziel's answer was evasive, and the question of what Manziel was doing with the rolled-up bill remains unanswered, probably for good.

That folks, is going in a circle in a hurry.
    How hard is it to say "I was joking around with a friend" There are probably pictures of me with a rolled up bill in my nose pressed against baking soda from days of goofing around in college. Anyway, at the point that you say "goofing around" its effectively over. Prove me wrong.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5h
    Rex Ryan speaking here, saying that rookie S Calvin Pryor had a head injury during practice. May be a concussion

#winning

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 7h
    49ers confirm Kendall Hunter tore his ACL in yesterday's practice.

To me, Chip Kelly makes a lot of sense in this article. People expect every player drafted to be a 15 year starter and constant all-pro but that's not reality. Half of them suck their first day on the job. Most of the other half take time to develop before they are at best marginal starters.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-draft-hype/

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    To me, Chip Kelly makes a lot of sense in this article. People expect every player drafted to be a 15 year starter and constant all-pro but that's not reality. Half of them suck their first day on the job. Most of the other half take time to develop before they are at best marginal starters.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-draft-hype/
    Kelly is right. What he doesn't mention though is that The NFL is a big part of the hype that he disdains. What used to be an event that only football junkies watched on ESPN is now a prime time three-night show on the NFL Network. And not even ESPN spends as much time on pre-draft coverage as the NFL Network does.

Tell Chip Kelly if he can manage to remove the salary cap and kill the 3 years after high school rule, then people will pay as much attention to the NFL Draft as they do the MLB draft.

Every GM in the League values it more than George Allen did for a reason.

I was speaking more from a armchair GM standpoint where people freak out about draft picks not panning out then call for a GM's head. Amateur GM guy who clearly knows more than anyone else on building a team. I could name names but that might be rude.