Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    He always appears bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Does he ever sleep?
    Bushy tailed? What makes you say that? They look like they'd be neatly trimmed tail, if not shaved.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 47m
    From Sunday night, the Browns' new mascot will be a live bulldog named "Swagger" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9w6G

There is always a fine line between clever and stupid. This isn't even close.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h
    Colts launch virtually impossible $500,000 game day weather challenge http://wp.me/p14QSB-9w70

Ceyzar ‏@ArB591 1h
    @ProFootballTalk does the winner get the money delivered to them in a laundry bag?

Well done. Well done.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Bushy tailed? What makes you say that? They look like they'd be neatly trimmed tail, if not shaved.
    HAHA!

Sleep? Not when that caine is involved! My school'n taught me that.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

My genuine feeling is that about two more stories covering how it is or is not going to happen will land me in the Patler zone. Not for the same reason, that enough attention and adulation and cash has been paid to (former) players already, but because I will no longer care to indulge in the nostalgia.

I don't actually think the fans reactions, even to the extent they can be predicted, play much a part in this. This is one side dithering upon what will be an endless list of concerns.

Best analysis so far today:

1. Replacing last year's head coach [Schiano, earlier compared to Custer], a rabid ferret who found a whistle in a pile of garbage at a landfill, with Love 'n' Jeff, besties who rekindled their love for football during a magical 2013 retreat in Lovie Smith's basement. Lovie and Tedford's defensive and offensive schemes harken back to the turn of the millennium, but outdated strategies are better than tactics built upon the bedrock of loathing and resenting your own players.
    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...edford#!beP5Ba

Reminds me of a 'That 70's show' episode, when Hyde says he's going to write "I hate the fuzz" on his butt while streaking, and Fez asks him if he hates the fuzz on his butt, why doesn't he just shave it off?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/15/new...raham-contract

Jimmy Graham: 4 years, 40 million, 12 million signing bonus, 21 million guaranteed.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Jimmy Graham: 4 years, 40 million, 12 million signing bonus, 21 million guaranteed.
    I understand the love of the game and the lifetime earnings thing, but if the best TE in the NFL gets "only" $10 million per year, how in the good Lord's name will Finley get anywhere near that. And yet if he retires, he gets that AND ITS TAX FREE, so like $14 million to stay home and not live your years in a wheel chair.

The Saints have no cap room. Ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

They're calling it a 2yr, $21M deal. 12M SB + 1M first year salary, 8M second year salary guaranteed for injury only. So they could cut him after the first year, but that would leave them paying 13M for a year's service from a TE. I wonder how the 3rd and 4th years are structured, he might have the option to hit the open market again at 29yrs old.
    --

How did I miss this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dy-conviction/

We should have this trial as a thread alongside the World Cup to get us through June.

Spectacular testimony that should be the basis of a new blockbuster comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart.

Prosecutor Jamie Adams: “You had alcohol.”

Hardy: “Champagne.”

Adams: “Is champagne alcohol?”

Hardy: “You tell me.”

Adams: “OK we’ll move on.”

Hardy has a second career as attorney or testimony consultant waiting for him when he retires.

I feel like Manziel will be as good as Timmy Tebone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I feel like Manziel will be as good as Timmy Tebone.
    He's the anti Timmy - plenty of NFL-ready talent, but wasted on the party life and being full of himself. Matt Leinart would be the closest example.

I just don't think he's really all that talented. To me, he's kinda like Doug Flutie or Teboner - a very good college quarterback whose skills will not translate well to the NFL.

I did not mean in terms of personality. I meant someone with lots and lots of press who really isn't that great.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I just don't think he's really all that talented. To me, he's kinda like Doug Flutie or Teboner - a very good college quarterback whose skills will not translate well to the NFL.

I did not mean in terms of personality. I meant someone with lots and lots of press who really isn't that great.
    I guess I see him more of the 'million dollar arm, five cent head' type. Tebone was just as you described, with most scouts thinking he was not going to be a good pro. Manziel's problem is between his ears, which is what the Pat's leaked scouting report indicates. Ryan Leaf might be a better comparison, talent, bad attitude, drugs, done.

I'll take exception to the mention of Flutie in relation. Other than his pro debut in the USFL, he was successful. TD-INT was 86-68 at the NFL level. He wasn't a super star, but wasn't a bust either, and I think would have done ok if given a reasonable opportunity, but between crossing the picket line in '87 and that he played in the league when they barely looked at guys who were not 6'2" pocket passers. He spent his prime in the CFL, but I think he would have done well in the NFL during those years.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How did I miss this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dy-conviction/

We should have this trial as a thread alongside the World Cup to get us through June.

Spectacular testimony that should be the basis of a new blockbuster comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart.

That was awesomely funny.

You tell me.....

Idiot....

LOL....

I guess I see him more of the 'million dollar arm, five cent head' type. Tebone was just as you described, with most scouts thinking he was not going to be a good pro. Manziel's problem is between his ears, which is what the Pat's leaked scouting report indicates. Ryan Leaf might be a better comparison, talent, bad attitude, drugs, done.
    Leaf is an interesting comparison, though Manziel did not just breakout his last year in college. If he had Leaf's body, he would have gone much earlier.

I think he could make it. I fear he might run himself out of the League. I hope he doesn't.