Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    49ers DT Glenn Dorsey out for season with torn biceps. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...o-49ers-season

Perhaps Pickett or Jolly will end up there.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m
    #Bengals are finalizing a deal with QB Andy Dalton on a 6-year extension, source confirms. Pays him more than Kaepernick (ESPN 1st reported)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    Will be curious to see final details of Andy Dalton’s contract. Early word was more fully guaranteed than Kaepernick’s $12.3M.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
    There are 6 new years on the Dalton deal, beyond him already signed in 2014. So Bengals have his rights thru 2020

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 30m
    BREAKING: Bengals + QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on 6-year, $115M contract ext

Breathtakingly dumb, unless it truly is like Kaepernick's deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m
    #Bengals are finalizing a deal with QB Andy Dalton on a 6-year extension, source confirms. Pays him more than Kaepernick (ESPN 1st reported)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    Will be curious to see final details of Andy Dalton’s contract. Early word was more fully guaranteed than Kaepernick’s $12.3M.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
    There are 6 new years on the Dalton deal, beyond him already signed in 2014. So Bengals have his rights thru 2020

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 30m
    BREAKING: Bengals + QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on 6-year, $115M contract ext

Breathtakingly dumb, unless it truly is like Kaepernick's deal.
    Only way I see this making sense is if the salary numbers start low-ish (say, $14M?) and climb every year. If they're paying him anywhere near the average of 19M they're making a huge mistake.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 1h
    Matt Millen doesn't count, Pete. RT @PriscoCBS I've had at least four NFL people tell me they think Seattle wins title with Dalton at QB.

I don't agree with Bretsky about Wilson's ultimate upside, but this statement is ludicrous. Dalton cannot keep plays alive, that is the point of much of the criticism.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 1h
    Matt Millen doesn't count, Pete. RT @PriscoCBS I've had at least four NFL people tell me they think Seattle wins title with Dalton at QB.

I don't agree with Bretsky about Wilson's ultimate upside, but this statement is ludicrous. Dalton cannot keep plays alive, that is the point of much of the criticism.
    Im not a badger fan. I have no reason to like Wilson other than I like his game (mental and physical.) I really believe he's good, and not just a little good. He's always on the ball, in charge, moving the ball, making things happen, reliable in that he consistently makes things happen, especially when they need it. He has a big enough arm, accurate, moves well...... He has everything you need, physically, but his composure and competitive drive set him apart. He's the best young qb IMO.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Reports coming out now that Dalton's deal is 2yrs, $25M and year to year after that. About what I'd expect.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

All the Atlanta Falcons preview you need: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...1618139918/all

Your quarterback: Matt Ryan. All this time we've been wondering if Joe Flacco is elite. Meanwhile, Matty Ice skates by, completely under-scrutinized when it comes to elite-itude. Here is Matt Ryan's game log from a season ago. Can you pinpoint where Julio Jones gets hurt? I'll give you a hint: It's somewhere before Ryan throws 15 picks in his last 10 games. OOPTY!

Blog Entries
    One great comment from a Packer fan re: that Deadspin article...

"Sometimes I still watch the 2010 Packers/Falcons NFL Divisional game and touch myself."

A lot of QBs would have won that Super Bowl last season on the Seahawks. Should that really be a reason to pay a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    A lot of QBs would have won that Super Bowl last season on the Seahawks. Should that really be a reason to pay a guy?
    Have you watched Russel Wilson play? 25 year old Pro Bowl QBs don't just grow on trees. The guy was in the top 5 for QB rating his rookie season and top 8 last year. Yes the defense is the reason they won the Super Bowl but who knows if they even get there without Wilson under center. IMO hes the next Drew Brees with the way he carries himself on and off the field, hard guy not to root for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Have you watched Russel Wilson play? 25 year old Pro Bowl QBs don't just grow on trees. The guy was in the top 5 for QB rating his rookie season and top 8 last year. Yes the defense is the reason they won the Super Bowl but who knows if they even get there without Wilson under center. IMO hes the next Drew Brees with the way he carries himself on and off the field, hard guy not to root for.
    Brees and Wilson are similar guys. Not the biggest QB's, but right at the top with flawless preparation and hard work. The guys seem to like both of 'em, too.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Perhaps not. But Wilson's skill set is not as easily replaceable as just grabbing a "Dalton" off the shelf.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps not. But Wilson's skill set is not as easily replaceable as just grabbing a "Dalton" off the shelf.
    Yeah Wilson's just a really smart player on top of his versatility. He's not really an elite passer (possibly because his team doesn't want/need him to throw it all over the field) but it seems like every time they have a 3rd down to convert, if he doesn't see his receivers open quickly he tucks, runs and gets just enough for the first down every time - a la Arod but maybe a bit quicker to flush which some would like Rodgers to be. That's huge.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 11m
    Of course Kyle Shanahan has Manziel running pistol read options (which he rarely did in college) … in the preseason

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 8m
    Nick Saban: Manziel "doesn’t run a lot of QB runs. He runs QB draws and he runs when it’s a pass and…[he] scrambles" http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...110512aae.html

Idiots.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-09-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Jeebus. Neal had Whitehurst twice and Pennel had pressure before a panic throw was completed the WR escaped for a huge gain. Ridiculous.

Barrington missed a tackle after the catch that would have prevented a first.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-09-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1m
    Is Manziel's shoulder gimpy? Looked like it hurt him after the scramble and looked ginger on that handoff?

Sherrod passes off stunt and recovers for looper nicely. But he tends to block high and get out of balance. Needs to get deeper bend in his knees when preparing to punch/engage.

Smaller pass rushers are not getting around him. But I could see him having trouble with strong bull rushers. Needs better base.

PB, wrong thread?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Whoops.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49m
    RT @SandoESPN: #Seahawks camp: Percy Harvin limps off. Moving slowly.