Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    A lot of QBs would have won that Super Bowl last season on the Seahawks. Should that really be a reason to pay a guy?
    Perhaps not. But Wilson's skill set is not as easily replaceable as just grabbing a "Dalton" off the shelf.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Perhaps not. But Wilson's skill set is not as easily replaceable as just grabbing a "Dalton" off the shelf.
    Yeah Wilson's just a really smart player on top of his versatility. He's not really an elite passer (possibly because his team doesn't want/need him to throw it all over the field) but it seems like every time they have a 3rd down to convert, if he doesn't see his receivers open quickly he tucks, runs and gets just enough for the first down every time - a la Arod but maybe a bit quicker to flush which some would like Rodgers to be. That's huge.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 11m
    Of course Kyle Shanahan has Manziel running pistol read options (which he rarely did in college) … in the preseason

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 8m
    Nick Saban: Manziel "doesn’t run a lot of QB runs. He runs QB draws and he runs when it’s a pass and…[he] scrambles" http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...110512aae.html

Idiots.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-09-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1m
    Is Manziel's shoulder gimpy? Looked like it hurt him after the scramble and looked ginger on that handoff?

Jeebus. Neal had Whitehurst twice and Pennel had pressure before a panic throw was completed the WR escaped for a huge gain. Ridiculous.

Barrington missed a tackle after the catch that would have prevented a first.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-09-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Sherrod passes off stunt and recovers for looper nicely. But he tends to block high and get out of balance. Needs to get deeper bend in his knees when preparing to punch/engage.

Smaller pass rushers are not getting around him. But I could see him having trouble with strong bull rushers. Needs better base.

PB, wrong thread?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Whoops.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49m
    RT @SandoESPN: #Seahawks camp: Percy Harvin limps off. Moving slowly.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 9m
    #Broncos LB Danny Trevathan has a left medial tibial impaction fracture. He is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 9m
    #Broncos LB Danny Trevathan has a left medial tibial impaction fracture. He is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.
    So he has a leg?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    So he has a leg?
    2 of them
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    2 of them
    One in two pieces.

Thumbs down

I haven't read this entire thread but I am sick to death of Johnny Football. NFLN and BSPN are shoving this kid down our throats and have been since the draft. After the Packer game Saturday night we turned on BSPN. We were on our way home from GB and he hotel we were in didn't have the NFLN or MLBN but we wanted to catch highlites of the Pack and the Brewers. Those clowns talked about Manziel the entire first half hour of Sportscenter. After a half an hour of this nonsense they announced the score of the Little League game that was on BSPN2 and then proceeded to re-air the first half hour AGAIN for those who missed it while watching BSPN2! I thought the obsession they had over Tebow was terrible but this is ridiculous. Why in the hell are they gushing over this kid who will play for a sub .500 team? I could understand if his team was gonna be relevant this year but seriously, the Browns? I ended up turning it off.

I just watched a replay of the Browns game. Manziel looked awesome. I think I'm going to be wrong on him. His arm is a lot stronger than I gave him credit for. He was accurate. He ran around like Russell Wilson. His size is now the only thing that may hold him back. Like Mike Vick, he'll get punished in the NFL. Their rookie RB, Terrance West, looked good. Ex-Packer Charles Johnson made some plays too. Cleveland is going to surprise some people, if Josh Gordon finagles his way out of a long suspension.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49m
    RT @SandoESPN: #Seahawks camp: Percy Harvin limps off. Moving slowly.
    Percy Harvin injured? I'm shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread but I am sick to death of Johnny Football. NFLN and BSPN are shoving this kid down our throats and have been since the draft. After the Packer game Saturday night we turned on BSPN. We were on our way home from GB and he hotel we were in didn't have the NFLN or MLBN but we wanted to catch highlites of the Pack and the Brewers. Those clowns talked about Manziel the entire first half hour of Sportscenter. After a half an hour of this nonsense they announced the score of the Little League game that was on BSPN2 and then proceeded to re-air the first half hour AGAIN for those who missed it while watching BSPN2! I thought the obsession they had over Tebow was terrible but this is ridiculous. Why in the hell are they gushing over this kid who will play for a sub .500 team? I could understand if his team was gonna be relevant this year but seriously, the Browns? I ended up turning it off.
    I agree with everything you said about BSPN. But I am still rooting for Manziel to save the Browns from themselves.

When he plays against the 1s in a regular season game, we'll see what he's got. The first preseason game, he was just that much more athletic than his competition. We'll see if he's Tebow or if he's Kaepernick and I would guess we'll see it week 1. He's definitely selling everything orange (brown?) right now.

At Cowboys camp, players have to keep their heads on a swivel, watching out for fans swinging helmets at their noggin.

Fan swings helmet at Cowboys’ Webb during practice fight; Webb swings back

According to multiple published reports, a spectator swung a helmet at Cowboys cornerback B.W. Webb during Tuesday’s joint practice between Dallas and Oakland in Oxnard, California.

The incident occurred as Cowboys and Raiders players brawled near fans. According to The Associated Press and Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the helmet missed Webb. The AP reports Webb then took his own “swing” at the spectator, with the Star-Telegram reporting Webb twice tried to get after the fan before coaches intervened.

Video! I didn't see the swing in this one, but at the very end, you can see the guy with the helmet in the crowd along the sideline.