Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cowboys offense under former Packer coach McAdoo is struggling.

Should read Giants offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-new-offense/

EDITED FOR ACCURACY, CLARITY AND THE HOPE FOR A CURE TO BONE-HEADEDNESS
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-13-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cowboys offense under former Packer coach McAdoo is struggling.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-new-offense/
    *Giants offense*

Posted in Game Day thread as well.

Agent Ben McAdoo is doing a bang up job for the Packers in NY.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 4m
    Small sample size, but Eli looks BAD. Hesitant, inaccurate, doesn't throw with anticipation. Know OL is a problem, but this may be bigger.

Now if we can get Slocum posted to San Fran, we'll be in business.

Posted in Game Day thread as well.
    Jeff Fisher: Rams running back Isaiah Pead tears ACL
    Did he say he has a knee?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Small sample size, but Eli looks BAD. Hesitant, inaccurate, doesn't throw with anticipation. Know OL is a problem, but this may be bigger.

Maybe the Blue Dog was right. Maybe we can get a draft pick for Flynn or Tolzien.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 11m
    Ryan Shazier- 11 tackles and 1 INT.

How is CJ Mosley doing?

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 11m
    Ryan Shazier- 11 tackles and 1 INT.

How is CJ Mosley doing?

Apparently, he's playing well...at defensive tackle, for the Detroit Lions, in place of Nick Fairley:

"Fairley, who played with the second-team defense all week in practice and in Friday night’s road exhibition loss to the Raiders, stayed with the second group during Saturday afternoon’s practice. Instead, C.J. Mosley got the first-team reps and had three tackles against the Raiders."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz3AfRwZYPQ
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Apparently, he's playing well...at defensive tackle, for the Detroit Lions, in place of Nick Fairley:

"Fairley, who played with the second-team defense all week in practice and in Friday night’s road exhibition loss to the Raiders, stayed with the second group during Saturday afternoon’s practice. Instead, C.J. Mosley got the first-team reps and had three tackles against the Raiders."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz3AfRwZYPQ
    Well his namesake is on the Ravens:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-1a1a1661d083

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m
    Official word... RT @CardsMarkD : MRI on Darnell Dockett right knee reveals torn ACL. Injury will require surgery & is season-ending.

There are going to be some offended reporters tomorrow in the paper.

So, Darnell Dockett's knee just got gottened. Seattle title defensegets ever so slightly more likely.. As for Manziel.... he is such a classic Cleveland bust. Why didnt they take the Bridge???

lol...

Never thought of it that way, '... if we can't get better - let's conspire to make our opponents worse!!'

Truly Machiavellian!!

I salute you for thinking outside the box - it hadn't even occured to me to engage in subterfuge
    wist

Was reading this article by Will Brinson and thought this was funny, lol...

"... if you can't protect Manziel, you can't really justify throwing him on the field.

Limited protection plus limited weapons plus a fearless quarterback who loves to improvise has "wrongful death lawsuit" stamped all over it."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...johnny-manziel

Manziel is such a punk... can't wait for him to be carried off the field and forgotten.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    lol...

Never thought of it that way, '... if we can't get better - let's conspire to make our opponents worse!!'

Truly Machiavellian!!

I salute you for thinking outside the box - it hadn't even occured to me to engage in subterfuge
    You mean you haven't tried to get Capers shipped off to San Francisco?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You mean you haven't tried to get Capers shipped off to San Francisco?
    Well, it's clear to me now... max has shown me the game - Capers is one such plant on our team, from some other team - my guess is San Francisco.

When a crime is committed?? Follow the money... yep, my money is on San Francisco - they have benefitted the most from Capers tenure in Green Bay.

I've been trying to do him one better than infecting another team with his presence though... hit the beach dude!! Call it a career... no more work, just beaches, golf, and babes - instead?? He spends his winters in Green Bay mucking up my football team
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    So, Darnell Dockett's knee just got gottened. Seattle title defensegets ever so slightly more likely.. As for Manziel.... he is such a classic Cleveland bust. Why didnt they take the Bridge???
    The shift in emphasis on PI this year bears watching. It doesn't take much to tip the balance in today's NFL and the renewed attention to PI, even if Seattle is "good" at playing aggressively w/o penalty, could cost them some yards and points.

That kickoff game could be mighty interesting if they start out calling it close.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The shift in emphasis on PI this year bears watching. It doesn't take much to tip the balance in today's NFL and the renewed attention to PI, even if Seattle is "good" at playing aggressively w/o penalty, could cost them some yards and points.

That kickoff game could be mighty interesting if they start out calling it close.
    Very much agreed. Parity rules in the NFL, and if a player who was formerly elite at his position loses some effectiveness, it can have a huge impact. The secondary was one of Seattle's strengths, I'm not sure how Sherman in particular will handle the rule change, he's a very physical corner.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

This seals Manziel's fate as a starter at QB for at least 9 years. Cleveland will never attempt to replace him or upgrade the position. When his contract expires, the Browns will negotiate against themselves and extend him for well over market value. He will never be considered anything more than an average QB, and will eventually take a restructured contract to assist his team, in gratitude for paying him too much money for too long. Even in his waning years, Manziel will have little to no significant competition for his job. On the positive side, he will almost never be injured, play almost every offensive down, and give 100% on every snap.