Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I am frankly rooting against the guy. His attitude is that of a blowhard. He's got some talent, but to me, not enough to do the crap he does.
    I am rooting for him to succeed because he seems like such the punk. A controversial character we love to hate makes the league more fun, IMO. Stir things up a little bit, get the juices flowing.

Now confirmed. Bradford out for season with ACL. Rams need to find a starting QB who can stay healthy.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Now confirmed. Bradford out for season with ACL. Rams need to find a starting QB who can stay healthy.
    guys was a massive injury concern coming out of school. no way he ever should have gone #1

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    guys was a massive injury concern coming out of school. no way he ever should have gone #1
    He hurt his shoulder in college. Someone rolled into his knees. It's not like he has hamstring issues.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Bradford: The last of the big rookie QB contracts.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Bradford: The last of the big rookie QB contracts.
    Yup, and quite possibly soon gone. They're on the hook for this year's salary, of course, but can save next year's $12M+ number, and I expect they will.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL 2m
    Redskins S Brandon Meriweather suspended 1st 2 games of regular season for 6th violation of player safety rules

I wonder if his contracts should just be for eight games and then he gets bonuses if he actually plays in more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pats traded Mankins to the Bucs for a TE and a 4th rounder next season. Not sure how bad this deal is for either side. heh

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Pats traded Mankins to the Bucs for a TE and a 4th rounder next season. Not sure how bad this deal is for either side. heh
    Don't often (ever?) see deals like that in the NFL. He was traded part way through a big contract, he had 3 years left on it, and the Pats are left with 2 years worth of signing bonus related dead money.
    --

He was a free agent after 2014. They saved more than $5mil against the cap this year by trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He was a free agent after 2014. They saved more than $5mil against the cap this year by trading him.
    Mankins is signed through 2016.
    --

Seahawks/Carroll fined $300,000, will lose 2 2015 minicamp practices for excessive contact in 2014 minicamp. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...camp/14646221/

Leave it to ESPN to be wrong outright.

Josh Gordon appeal denied. He gets one year suspension. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ded-one-season

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Josh Gordon appeal denied. He gets one year suspension. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ded-one-season
    Just dumb. Both Gordon and the League.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Just dumb. Both Gordon and the League.
    I haven't been following the details. What did the league do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I haven't been following the details. What did the league do wrong?
    Applied a no imagination reading of their rules to his results. His A test was positive (over the limit), his B test sample was negative (under the limit). Under Baseball, Olympic or US Military testing, the B sample would clear the subject though there is some debate about the B sample because the NFL doesn't routinely measure concentrations in the B sample (just uses it to confirm presence of objectionable material). I presume from what I have read that Gordon's team insisted on a concentration level measure for the B sample.

It looks bad for the League to have Rice back by Game 3 and Gordon gone for the year. The League is dumb for taking the black eye when it might have been avoided. Gordon would be at fault if he refused to deal, not to mention the original problem of inhaling the weed.

The reason the decision took so long, it would seem, is that the parties were negotiating something less than a year. Oddly, however, there were reports today that said Gordon's side refused to negotiate. That would leave open the question of why a formulaic ruling took so long to conclude.

Unfortunately for Gordon, compared to Baseball, Olympic or US Military testing, the threshold is very low. This was the carrot the NFL was dangling in front of the NFLPA when trying to get HGH testing rolling with Goodell still hearing appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Unfortunately for Gordon, compared to Baseball, Olympic or US Military testing, the threshold is very low. This was the carrot the NFL was dangling in front of the NFLPA when trying to get HGH testing rolling with Goodell still hearing appeals.
    Yup, everyone else's threshold is 150ng, NFL is still using 15ng, which is the old standard that the other organizations realized was unreasonable and somewhat ridiculous. Problem is, in return for keeping up with the times, the NFL wanted the NFLPA to sign off on them being the judge, jury and executioner wrt HGH penalties. The players smartly refused, so the NFL refused to adopt a change the other bodies pbmax mentioned have all decided is better.

Gordon is the collateral damage, but I can't help but feel like he was doomed anyways with the DUI he racked up while this was going on.
    --

He also misses the entire 2015 preseason because the league feels like bein extra shitty.

DUI would have meant probably an 8 game ban for him anyway.