Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    What's the diff between being gay and homosexual behavior? If you suck dick, you're gay or at least bisexual, right?
    You can be 'gay' - attracted to ostensibly someone of the same sex - but not act on it (inclination without the behavior). Alternatively, you can be straight and then 'experiment' with the same sex, without having a 'natural' attraction. And then everything in between. That's all I care to say about it outside FYI, unless Harlan shows up and poisons the thread.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I'm not gay and I've never sucked dick, but there are some fraternity era photos with a penis resting on my lower lip. That was a long time ago. Does that answer your question?
    Wow. That is a brave confession, even on the internet, for a heterosexual guy to make.

So how about ol' Steny Hoyer? How does a politician get to be a QB for the Browns?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that Kinsey report grossly overestimates the numbers. It is actually somewhere between 1-3%. Gay 'behavior' is an other issue.

Then factor in that participation in football is likely to select against gay participation (as opposed to say, ceramics and interior decorating*), and the numbers are likely to be even lower. Conclusion: TT is likely the only gay man in the organization (among players, coaches, player evaluation).

*warning: stereotype alert
    You left out figure skating?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    What's the diff between being gay and homosexual behavior? If you suck dick, you're gay or at least bisexual, right?
    Or you're trying to stay alive in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Who is saying Sam's distractions are a good thing? He lasted until the 7th round probably because teams didn't want the distraction. The reality show has been cancelled in response to criticism that doing the show was inconsistent with Sam's claim that he is totally focused on football.
    Has anyone dared to say he is a distraction who teams shouldn't want around? Has anyone dared to say he should learn his place...be seen and not heard? Has anyone dared say one bad thing about a 7th rounder getting a mountain of attention? But mainly, he lasted until the 7th round because he lacks talent. I firmly believe he was only drafted because the NFL REALLY wanted him to be so all the "questions" wouldn't be raised. I would be willing to bet that all the Rams compensatory picks seem a tad high next year....yea, yea, me and colt, brothers in conspiracy theories.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that Kinsey report grossly overestimates the numbers. It is actually somewhere between 1-3%. Gay 'behavior' is an other issue.

Then factor in that participation in football is likely to select against gay participation (as opposed to say, ceramics and interior decorating*), and the numbers are likely to be even lower. Conclusion: TT is likely the only gay man in the organization (among players, coaches, player evaluation).

*warning: stereotype alert
    And when you consider that TT's main job is evaluating tight ends, it kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Some, not all, national guys (radio mostly) have been taking the opposite tack. They think the reality show was a catastrophe waiting to happen in vague but near certain terms.

However, two of these guys have advocated that Tebow should be in Jacksonville and Manziel was the obvious choice for Cleveland and they should let Johnny be Johnny. Some distractions and business bottom line considerations are allowed to intrude on football.

Which begs the question, would the Rams have though better of the show if they were getting a cut?
    I guess my gripe is with the national "non football" media that is injecting itself into football. And I risk another warning about mixing politics and football. Sams is a hero to the left wing media. Vick deserved a second chance. Oil billionaire heir Jonny Football is a dick. Tebow is the worst kind of person. You don't see oprah, or anyone else asking why Tebow can't even land a backup contract. Its not like he is Jonny Jolly, Colt Lyerla, or Ray fucking Lewis...he is *gasp* a christian. I'm a fricking agnostic and I'm appalled by the way this kid is being treated. The media started a story line about inaccuracy, ignored his winning record, ignored him bumping off the defending superbowl champs, and basically let the NFL know that it would be a circus if anyone gave him a chance. Where is the story line about Michael Vick not learning what a hot read is in 14 (or whatever) seasons?

I'm not gay and I've never sucked dick, but there are some fraternity era photos with a penis resting on my lower lip. That was a long time ago. Does that answer your question?
    No, it raises more. Didn't you portray yourself as a high school kid about 70 posts ago? hmmm....grown man posing as a teenager online.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Has anyone dared to say he is a distraction who teams shouldn't want around? Has anyone dared to say he should learn his place...be seen and not heard? Has anyone dared say one bad thing about a 7th rounder getting a mountain of attention? But mainly, he lasted until the 7th round because he lacks talent. I firmly believe he was only drafted because the NFL REALLY wanted him to be so all the "questions" wouldn't be raised. I would be willing to bet that all the Rams compensatory picks seem a tad high next year....yea, yea, me and colt, brothers in conspiracy theories.
    He was considered to be a 4-5 round pick based on his talent. I think he lasted until the 7th round because a lot of teams didn't want the distraction, and the possible stress on the culture in the locker room. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

This is just a huge joke and blatant show of the double standard. Poor Jonathan Martin gets bullied by his OL and the world is coming to an end. Manziel is pushed around by the vets and the organization and its what he deserves. Tim Tebow can't land a tryout because he is a distraction (despite his winning at every level he ever played at...despite the fact that he is better than 90% of the backup QB's in the league), but Sams is gay and its a national production and they damn near run a reality show through TC because its a PC approved distraction.

Manziel is a scrambling QB who is likely to struggle until he learns the balance like all running QB's. Why does he need to be put in his place any more than Jonathan Martin or Andrew Luck? Why are his distractions bad, but Sams distractions are good for the game.
    It's all about the value to the media or what's most topical and that $$$$$ sells $$$$$.

In this day and age it's over the top backwards.

Good is OK and bad is better. If it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to a normal intelligent moral decent living person. No matter as it's topical and all the press's attention is directed there.

So what do we do about the bullshit?

It's getting harder and harder to ignore as that means that it's winning/dominating in the negative.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Kinsey report says that about 10% of males are gay. That puts about 10 in our camp and 5 on our roster. Besides TT, who are our homos?
    Dear Lord...is Ted Thompson GAY? I would have never imagined that!?

I simply see TT as introverted/socially inhibited.

On this topic and GAYness and observation. How tuned is your GAY Radar !?

Somehow after the third game of the Rangers and Canadians (NHL Playoff Conference Final Series)...I found myself on an American Network ABC which I avoid like sickness (the excessive commercial time) and a western time zone broadcast of the Bachelorette.

A stunning miss named "Andi Dorfman", seeing the initial 25 candidates....for another failed attempt at LOVE and Long Term Relationship.

Andi's really great looking:

Andi's approachable/playful:

[IMGhttp://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1723499.1399296565!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/andi-dorfman-ventura-beach.jpg[/IMG]

I've never observed so many "GAY appearing" or unmanly sissified guys. There were a couple three fellas that I felt would have been sucking face off camera and with a few toddies in them. These guy's (GAYS) weren't on the show to get it done with Andi. It appeared to me as if they had a different agenda. Somehow the Bachelorette weeded these "fellas" out at the initial Rose Ceremony.

"Come on guuuuuys...It'ssssss OhhKaaaa."

It looks to me like she has two three favourites or possibly "love at first sight candidates " and the rest are for elimination and entertainment.

The statistic I've read most on what percentage of the male population is gay runs between 2% (true homosexuals) - 10 % GAYS or 8 % bisexuals). I think that Kinsey announce way back that the male population of GAYS was around 10%.

It's pretty logical and now becoming accepted that GAY...ness in terms of a general population and declaration is a factor of environmental acceptance.

Andi Dorfman seems a bit overwhelmed early in this quest for LOVE. The fella that got the rose for "best first impression" wasn't selected as a first cut finalist. This show is over the top goofy as she's amazingly good looking and candid in her personality and could pick and choose. I mean this woman ROCKS in the good looks/charm department! Most of the 25 men seemed struck by her obvious charms/beauty.

I'll rule out the GAY fellas as being in that category. They were checking one another out.

Again... how good is your GAY Radar?

I'll offer this interesting LINK:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/op...-gay.html?_r=0
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-23-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think it is very presumptuous of folks to think Ted is gay just because he never married. My BIL is just a couple of years younger than TT but never married (I doubt he ever will) and he ain't gay.
    He's maybe a lot like TT and just didn't get to the alter with some lady.

To have a job like the GM of a NFL team and be married with children can't be an easy dance.

Maybe TT simply realized that and his dedication to his job ruled out serious committed long term relationship and family!?

He was considered to be a 4-5 round pick based on his talent. I think he lasted until the 7th round because a lot of teams didn't want the distraction, and the possible stress on the culture in the locker room. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    He was considered a 3-4 before the combine, where he performed poorly. People expected his lack of physical ability to drop him only a round or so, but it put him down three full rounds.

Meanwhile, a guy named Jackson Jeffcoat, almost as productive in college, more physically gifted, and less "media circus," went undrafted entirely. Go figure.

SEC defensive player of the year (finalist?) in any other year would get a 4-5 round sniff from someone. He fell because of the pending media circus. Media puts up what sells. If we stop clicking, watching, etc. they will stop putting it on TV. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    SEC defensive player of the year (finalist?) in any other year would get a 4-5 round sniff from someone. He fell because of the pending media circus. Media puts up what sells. If we stop clicking, watching, etc. they will stop putting it on TV. We have no one to blame but ourselves.
    He had a bad senior bowl week before the bad combine as well. Football outsiders did a statistical analysis / projection of all pass rushers (DE/OLB) and Sam came out dead last. You can bet that if some outside site is doing projections, teams are doing similar analysis and coming up with similar results. The SEC DPOY may have given him a 6th round sniff without the circus, but anything higher would have been a reach.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Maybe the media circus would be good for NFL ratings, like it was for Tebow. Maybe not so much for the individual teams, but the NFL likes the attention. Perhaps it's a case where you can have your cake but can't tongue slather it on your lover's face too.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    He's maybe a lot like TT and just didn't get to the alter with some lady.

To have a job like the GM of a NFL team and be married with children can't be an easy dance.

Maybe TT simply realized that and his dedication to his job ruled out serious committed long term relationship and family!?
    Or maybe he views females, not attached to another man via the contract of marriage, to be free agents.

No, it raises more. Didn't you portray yourself as a high school kid about 70 posts ago? hmmm....grown man posing as a teenager online.
    You'd be closer to the truth if you had said that I had posted as a high school kid about 70 years ago.

Truth > made up shit

I think so too.

The day after the draft all the talk on NFL.Com was the Rams and embracing Sam as a defensive prospect and with the cenral theme of his unique NFL status related to his sexual preference.

It should be all of that and why? Who really cares?

So finally one of the NFL's Gay players finally outs himself and before he's drafted.

Tell me that wasn't all worked out in some detail. What's reality anymore?

Reality is 'the unreal" taking center stage.

Excuse me but I need a toasted cheese and a glass of homo milk.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Excuse me but I need a toasted cheese and a glass of homo milk.
    good lord