Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Best Manziel Tweet ever?

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 25m
    judgment issues? RT @rodger_sherman: Underrated really weird thing: Johnny Manziel committed to play for Mike Sherman
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 29m
    Less this dude, more @gregcosell, please RT @mikefreemanNFL: Hoge called Manziel "a juvenile punk."

Hoge has lots of opinions on QBs and I cannot recall many. I really want to see this come back and bite him in his ass.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 29m
    Less this dude, more @gregcosell, please RT @mikefreemanNFL: Hoge called Manziel "a juvenile punk."

Hoge has lots of opinions on QBs and I cannot recall many. I really want to see this come back and bite him in his ass.
    Merrill lives around here & I really like the guy, I've met him several times at golf outings and Krogers.

People on here are really on his ass and I think most of those people are stupid.

That said Hoge said in Brian Brohm's rookie year that Brohm would replace ARod as GBP QB.

He ain't infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Merrill lives around here & I really like the guy, I've met him several times at golf outings and Krogers.

People on here are really on his ass and I think most of those people are stupid.

That said Hoge said in Brian Brohm's rookie year that Brohm would replace ARod as GBP QB.

He ain't infallible.
    I want to say he is usually bellowing about the need for prototypical QB passers and has missed on some non-typical success stories. However, no examples other than Brohm are springing to mind.

How I long for the days when analysis, not entertainment, was most valued.

But when was that, anyway? I grew up watching Jimmy the Greek telling fans who and who not to bet on.

Good times, good times.

I actually liked Chris Collingsworth until he became a caricature of himself.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Revisiting the Ray Rice thing. Theres a video on TMZ. She slaps him once before they go in the elevator. He slaps her when they get inside. There on opposite sides of the elevator and she comes up on him and he either punches open or closed palm but it knocks her to the side and her head hits an elevator handrail and knocks her out. His story doesnt quite hold up to the facts, and obviously we don't know what was said, there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Revisiting the Ray Rice thing. Theres a video on TMZ. She slaps him once before they go in the elevator. He slaps her when they get inside. There on opposite sides of the elevator and she comes up on him and he either punches open or closed palm but it knocks her to the side and her head hits an elevator handrail and knocks her out. His story doesnt quite hold up to the facts, and obviously we don't know what was said, there it is.
    Actually, that is about how I envisioned it after the post we had that they both had been physical. I still think the punishment was light, but I would be surprised if it changes the suspension.

Twitter has the Ravens saying they (and the League) had been denied access to this video by the police, but that the version of the story Rice gave them was consistent with the new video.

WHOOPS!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m
    NFL couldn't get video from prosecutor. NFL could have gotten video from Rice's lawyer, who has it. We reported this in August.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m
    Rice's lawyer had absolute right to video as part of discovery process in criminal prosecution.

If he is not projecting this theoretical possession, Florio has a great point. Which is another example of why its nice to have him around, even if he is a bonehead most other times.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47s
    Big news from @mortreport: Ray Rice released. Finished with Baltimore.
    He's gone.

Actually, that is about how I envisioned it after the post we had that they both had been physical. I still think the punishment was light, but I would be surprised if it changes the suspension.

Twitter has the Ravens saying they (and the League) had been denied access to this video by the police, but that the version of the story Rice gave them was consistent with the new video.
    The idea it was mutual kinda falls apart when you watch the entire video.

The idea it was mutual kinda falls apart when you watch the entire video.
    Does it? When I watch, this is what I see:
    1. she walks by him and slaps him in the face
    2. they get in elevator, he says something to her, and hits her, looks like in the face as well
    3. he moves to other side of elevator
    4. she runs at him, her head snaps around (can't see the blow, but he must've hit her) and she goes down

btw wow was she OUT. Not groggy, disorientated or anything, out cold.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

She hits him before he even enters the elevator and then lunges at him grom across the elevator when theyre inside. He never moves toward her and only strikes her when she comes at him. He is definitely in the wrong, but she was part of it. Also, a good deal of the damage he inflicted was collateral - she strikes her head by coincidence when she falls.

dp
    --

She hits him before he even enters the elevator and then lunges at him grom across the elevator when theyre inside. He never moves toward her and only strikes her when she comes at him. He is definitely in the wrong, but she was part of it. Also, a good deal of the damage he inflicted was collateral - she strikes her head by coincidence when she falls.
    Watch when he comes into the elevator - he goes to her, looks like he gets in her face and yells at her, then slaps her in the side of the head or something. Then he moves to the other side of the elevator and she lunges. As far as collateral damage - he caused her to go down, so he's responsible for that too.
    --

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    That is stupid. He fucking hit her in the head and made her head/body smash into the side of the elevator and then the floor.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Can you guys please explain to me why it is he's just supposed to dtand there and endure whatever it was she intended to do to him as hes cornered in a moving elevator? Keep in mind I already conceded his response was excessive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I have personal experience in this area.

I was physically abused by my ex-wife. She would hit me, slap me, yell at me. You name it she did it. I always thought it would get better. She would promise that she would change.

Then one night she hit me again in our bedroom. I pinned her against our bed and had my arm cocked to hit her as hard as I could right in the mouth. I remember looking at my fist and saying to myself this is not who I am. I let go of my wife and slept downstairs on the couch. The next morning I removed all of my personal items and moved out of the house. I tried to get her to go to counseling. I had to have many long talks with my pastor before I filed for divorce.

To say Ray Rice had a reason to hit that woman is bullshit. He was in complete control of his actions and like Jay-Z could have deflected the attack and gotten out of the elevator.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That is stupid. He fucking hit her in the head and made her head/body smash into the side of the elevator and then the floor.
    This is stupid. She got in the face of a professional athlete. What was she expecting, pillowtalk? Point is. They are both responsible.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    This is stupid. She got in the face of a professional athlete. What was she expecting, pillowtalk? Point is. They are both responsible.
    You are correct they both are responsible. That doesn't mean that Ray Rice should hit his now wife.

-Tim Harmston

No shit ThunderDan. Its clear his response was wrong. The problem I have is that people seem to tjink his mistake erases her mistakes. Its dumb as shit and extremely annoying.