Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I have made no comments on her behavior. Her behavior was horrible. That doesn't mean she deserves to be hit and knocked out.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I have made no comments on her behavior. Her behavior was horrible. That doesn't mean she deserves to be hit and knocked out.
    They should have both been arrested and sent to counseling. She could have/should have been arrested for battery or assault.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They should have both been arrested and sent to counseling. She could have/should have been arrested for battery or assault.
    They were both detained overnight, not sure if arrested. Rice got a plea deal. I don't think she was charged but going strictly off memory.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Rice will be back in the NFL. If Vick can come back so can Ray. He'll get a year off, and he and the NFLPA will work something out with the league and Ray will play for someone else next season.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Does it? When I watch, this is what I see:
    1. she walks by him and slaps him in the face
    2. they get in elevator, he says something to her, and hits her, looks like in the face as well
    3. he moves to other side of elevator
    4. she runs at him, her head snaps around (can't see the blow, but he must've hit her) and she goes down

btw wow was she OUT. Not groggy, disorientated or anything, out cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    She hits him before he even enters the elevator and then lunges at him grom across the elevator when theyre inside. He never moves toward her and only strikes her when she comes at him. He is definitely in the wrong, but she was part of it. Also, a good deal of the damage he inflicted was collateral - she strikes her head by coincidence when she falls.
    He spit at her when she walked by in the hallway outside the elevator, that precipitated the slap and also put to lie to her being the aggressor.

And I think he might have done it again when they were close to the buttons in the elevator. But definitely the first time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Also its possible that she was knocked out by the handrail and the medical report might clarify that. But she was going down hard after that hit regardless. She might have ben all but out on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He spit at her when she walked by in the hallway outside the elevator, that precipitated the slap and also put to lie to her being the aggressor.

And I think he might have done it again when they were close to the buttons in the elevator. But definitely the first time.
    Ouch, didn't see that, but hadn't heard about it so wasn't looking. If he was the initial aggressor, it would change things a lot.

Obligatory 'magic loogie' video
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He definitely took the "check a ho" option. These two are meant for each other and no one can stop true love.

Didn't know or see of any spitting either. That's a horse of a different color. Spitting here in Florida is both "fighting words" and assault.

Packers should show Brad Jones that video.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers should just beat Brad Jones. His play is borderline abuse anyway.

Colts Robert Mathis, who was serving a 4 game suspension, is our for season with a torn achilles. Now that's a guy having a bad season. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/08/rob...achilles-colts

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Colts Robert Mathis, who was serving a 4 game suspension, is our for season with a torn achilles. Now that's a guy having a bad season. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/08/rob...achilles-colts
    Ouch, wtf? Wow does that suck for him, and since he did it working out on his own, I assume it will be classified as an NFI.
    --

Giants looking as bad as they did in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Did the NFL really need to see the video to understand what happened? Dragging a limp body out of the elevator wasn't enough?
    I am not fan of the hypocrisy. But you hit the nail on the head with this portion. The fact that both of them said he hit her wasn't enough. They needed the video to become public before it became an offense too far.

And assuming the police had the video, why weren't charges pressed against either? Forget the plea deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ay-rice-video/

PFT earning its right to be wrong and dumb the rest of the year with this piece.

The Ravens fumbled the ball in the first instance. With $25 million invested in the player over two seasons and the entire organization wired to believe the version of the events shared by Rice and his wife, someone with a law degree should have said, “Video of what happened in the elevator exists, Ray’s lawyer in the criminal case surely has it, and we should insist that Ray produce it.”

Instead, the Ravens accepted at face value characterizes of what happened. Characterizations that ultimately were incorrect. Whispers emerged of extreme provocation from Janay Palmer Rice, culminating in the then-future Mrs. Rice spitting in Ray’s face. In the aftermath of the Rice punishment, weeks after the suspension had been resolved, one member of the Ravens organization privately advised caution when describing the contact from Ray to Janay as a punch.

Maybe that person meant to say that caution should be exercised when describing it only as a punch.

It’s no surprise that the Ravens bought Rice’s story. They wanted to believe him. They needed to believe him. And with Janay Palmer Rice apparently supporting his version of the events (in part by apologizing at a press conference for her role in the situation) and prosecutors allowing (inexplicably, in hindsight) Rice to enter a diversionary program, the Ravens opted to give Rice, otherwise a model citizen, the benefit of the doubt.

But that’s when someone with the education and experience and an understanding of the criminal justice system should have explained to the folks in the organization without those skills and abilities: (1) the importance of corroborating Rice’s version by watching the tape; and (2) the ease with which the tape could have been gotten.

Rice’s criminal defense lawyer had the tape. He was entitled to the tape as part of the discovery process in the criminal prosecution. Rice, by virtue of the fact that the lawyer works ultimately for Rice, needed only to direct the lawyer to forward the tape to Rice, so that he could in turn give it to the Ravens.

It possible that Rice or his lawyer would have resisted. And that’s where the Ravens had to be willing to say to Rice, “Ray, you’re not putting on a helmet until we see the tape.”

The NFL compounded the error by not engaging in a similar analysis. Undoubtedly influenced by the prosecution’s willingness to give Rice the rough equivalent of a pass and by the team’s convenient and self-serving acceptance of his version of the events, the NFL opted not to insist on seeing the tape.

How could the league office not have been curious about viewing a piece of video that was destined to be leaked? Assuming that such basic curiosity existed, how did the league not realize that, despite the lack of subpoena power or similar authority to obtain the tape, they needed to simply go to the man whose lawyer already had the tape?

Was watching CNN and they were discussing the Rice video. Must have shown that video 10 times or more during the discussion. As a society, we claim to be abhorred by what happened, but we sure love watching that shit. Meanwhile, the victim has had her privacy violated over and over and over. Tough luck for her. It's good for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ouch, wtf? Wow does that suck for him, and since he did it working out on his own, I assume it will be classified as an NFI.
    On another note, his claim is that he and his wife are trying to have a baby, and he took some fertility drugs, which is the cause of his suspension!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ay-rice-video/

PFT earning its right to be wrong and dumb the rest of the year with this piece.
    I don't get how the video changed anything. He hit her, we've known that for a while. I'm not trying to be obtuse, but how does a video showing us what we already knew happened, and he admitted to, change anything? Was it any more violent, or reveal anything we didn't already know?

Maybe the NFL is reacting to the backlash from the fans and used it as an excuse to revisit the punishment?
    --