Thread: Official Non NFC North NFL News 2014 (Unofficial Johnny Manziel)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Could this be the end of the Goodell era?

I don't buy at all that the League didn't know about the video until the day TMZ showed it. They hoped that they could skate by with some nominal punishment and that the public would simply forget about it like most other news stories. It's biting them in the ass now.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post

I don't buy at all that the League didn't know about the video until the day TMZ showed it. They hoped that they could skate by with some nominal punishment and that the public would simply forget about it like most other news stories. It's biting them in the ass now.
    The end of the Goodell era? A simple event like this, that in the long run will cost the league no money? After Goodell has presided over an era of unprecedented profits and been part of a negotiation with the players that resulted in a CBA heavily in favour of the owners?

Not a chance in hell.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

He's not going anywhere, I don't think.

They also aren't claiming they didn't know about the video. They are claiming they didn't see it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Roger hasn't been heard from in so long he's on milk cartons wondering where he is. Anybody still think he's going to keep his job?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!