Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jordy Nelson wants extension done ' ASAP '.

Jordy Nelson wants extension done ' ASAP '.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/2...soon-possible-

Nelson wants extension done 'as soon as possible'

" ... With the nearly draft process order and roughly $12 million left in cap room, the Green Bay Packers could very soon be looking to lock up receivers Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb for the long term.

For the 29-year-old Nelson, he’s hoping to get something done as soon as possible and perhaps even before the start of training camp at the end of July. ..."
    Fr. LINK

Click on LINK for the rest of this story.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He's going to have to wait until Crusty's thread concludes. If we get Kap we'll be in cap hell and Jordy will have to retire

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    He's going to have to wait until Crusty's thread concludes. If we get Kap we'll be in cap hell and Jordy will have to retire
    You're a real ray of sunshine aren't you Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You're a real ray of sunshine aren't you Tank.
    I'm not seeing that one.

If your correct then Tank is morphing into something akin to the Predator.

Formidable.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 14m
    Jordy Nelson's looking for $10 million a year on his next deal http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wx9

Been nice knowing you Jordy. I hope NY/Detroit/San Fran/Seattle treats you well.

Original story by Demovsky: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...llion-per-year
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, hopefully two or three of the new guys pan out. If Nelson can get $10M on the market, more power to him. We can only hope that Sea or San Fran decide to tie up that much money in a guy who isn't quite as good as his numbers.

If Nelson is lost, it will be felt by everyone on the O unless Adams is a stud. Boykin is no James Jones, and Janis is no Nelson. Cobb will get doubled every passing down.

Don't think hes worth the money but its no doubt the connection him and Rodgers have...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/f...wr-duo-in-nfl/

Do you gentlemen think Jordy belongs with this group?

http://www.therichest.com/sports/foo...ivers-of-2013/

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Offer the Roddy White extension
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jordy will sign an extension with the Packers somewhere between 9-10 million per year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Problem with comparing his contract to the top 10 today is how much would those guys get paid if they were up for a contract in 2015 not how much they are paid currently.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    We got the home town discount last time lets pay the guy.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Problem with comparing his contract to the top 10 today is how much would those guys get paid if they were up for a contract in 2015 not how much they are paid currently.
    Brandon Marshall signed a 3 year, 30 million extension a few months ago. Is the market for Jordy stronger than for Brandon Marshall?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

thats a lot of coin. but a lot of us on this forum have figured for awhile that the 10 million dollar mark is want he was probably gonna get

the question becomes, what does cobb want if jordy wants 10 a year. it was pretty obvious before he got hurt last year that cobb had become a-rods "go-to guy"

can we really afford to pay 2 wr's around 10 a year each with all the young talent we now have at the position?

and if it becomes a one or the other situation, who do you keep? jordy is a great deep threat and a crowd favorite. cobb is younger and more talented (imo), and more exciting (also imo). both great players, both seem like great locker room guys

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats a lot of coin. but a lot of us on this forum have figured for awhile that the 10 million dollar mark is want he was probably gonna get

the question becomes, what does cobb want if jordy wants 10 a year. it was pretty obvious before he got hurt last year that cobb had become a-rods "go-to guy"

can we really afford to pay 2 wr's around 10 a year each with all the young talent we now have at the position?

and if it becomes a one or the other situation, who do you keep? jordy is a great deep threat and a crowd favorite. cobb is younger and more talented (imo), and more exciting (also imo). both great players, both seem like great locker room guys
    It is a bit of an embarrassment of riches. Can you pay two guys and a QB all top money? My gut reaction is no.

10M is not really top of the market anymore, Bowe has the 5th highest APY at 11.2M. Nelson might take a (small) step below, but I really don't see him signing for any less than 9.5M or so. Maybe the Pack gets lucky and sign Cobb for less? If so, not by much...and I think Cobb will be less willing to give a discount because he is much less likely to have a long career.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Brandon Marshall signed a 3 year, 30 million extension a few months ago. Is the market for Jordy stronger than for Brandon Marshall?
    Good question. I'd put Marshall a small notch ahead of Nelson and only a year older but the Packers have the cash to spend right now so 3 years $30 would sit fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Cobb could be tricky. A lot of promise and good things when healthy. But has missed significant time. Going to get a shorter, tweener contract I think.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If the cap jumps as much as it's supposed to in the next few years, 10m could easily become average for #1 WRs (not top tier like Megatron, but just the good #1s that are out there). I'd say get it done. WRs typically don't fade like RBs do until the mid 30s, so Jordy (if he stays healthy) likely has a few good years left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cobb could be tricky. A lot of promise and good things when healthy. But has missed significant time. Going to get a shorter, tweener contract I think.
    Might be what happens - near 10 for Nelson, 5-6 for Cobb. That could work for the Pack.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...