Thread: Did Safety become a strength?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Disagree. I think a lot depends on Burnett returning to his 2012 form, the one that earned him the contract he's got.
    i think burnett is only still on this team because of his contract making it almost impossible to cut him right not. and i forget which beat writer it was (maybe mcginn), but he agreed by saying burnett would not be the second safety this year because he played himself out of a job

burnett was bad, he was just as bad as jennings last year and blew just as many assignments. plus, burnett was responsible for making the secondary calls and getting everyone lined up right. we saw how well that worked out with everyone being confused on almost every single pass play

mcmillan was bad, he was cut. jennings was bad, he was allowed to walk. burnett was just as bad as those two, and he stays only because we can't cut him

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think burnett is only still on this team because of his contract making it almost impossible to cut him right not. and i forget which beat writer it was (maybe mcginn), but he agreed by saying burnett would not be the second safety this year because he played himself out of a job

burnett was bad, he was just as bad as jennings last year and blew just as many assignments. plus, burnett was responsible for making the secondary calls and getting everyone lined up right. we saw how well that worked out with everyone being confused on almost every single pass play

mcmillan was bad, he was cut. jennings was bad, he was allowed to walk. burnett was just as bad as those two, and he stays only because we can't cut him
    IMO, Burnett is a follower, not a leader. Burnett only played good when he had Collins next to him. Hell, Collins made Charlie Peprah look good. The sooner they get rid of Burnett, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    IMO, Burnett is a follower, not a leader. Burnett only played good when he had Collins next to him. Hell, Collins made Charlie Peprah look good. The sooner they get rid of Burnett, the better.
    Perhaps you will prove to be right about Burnett not being a leader. However, the idea that Burnett only played well when he was next to Collins is a myth. Due to injuries, Burnett and Collins only played together for 4 games in 2010 and 2 games in 2011. When Burnett had his best season in 2012, Collins was no longer playing.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perhaps you will prove to be right about Burnett not being a leader. However, the idea that Burnett only played well when he was next to Collins is a myth. Due to injuries, Burnett and Collins only played together for 4 games in 2010 and 2 games in 2011. When Burnett had his best season in 2012, Collins was no longer playing.
    Then those six games were probably Burnett's best games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ooh - good one!

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ooh - good one!

The Patler Stamp!

When was the last time that was used?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

I have missed on these before, but I don't think the Packers are done with Burnett starting. He would have to be as bad in camp as last year to fall out of the lineup. He started in OTA, we'll see if he is still there in camp. If McGinn was right, you would think he wouldn't take #1 reps with other healthy bodies around. Don't see him as Alex Green yet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I have missed on these before, but I don't think the Packers are done with Burnett starting. He would have to be as bad in camp as last year to fall out of the lineup. He started in OTA, we'll see if he is still there in camp. If McGinn was right, you would think he wouldn't take #1 reps with other healthy bodies around. Don't see him as Alex Green yet.
    well the only other option to starting burnett in ota's is to start richardson who has limited experience or hyde who has never played the position before

it doesn't matter who is starting in OTA's (look at the browns, is there any doubt that johnny football will be their starter this year? he's currently 3rd on the depth chart) but who's starting when the regular season get here. i would be a bit surprised if burnett was still the starter when regular season gets here, because i think he was every bit as bad as jennings and burnett last season,and if he is handed the starting job i would have to question whether its a case of a guy starting because his cap number says he's a starter