Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m
    Guys with good 1-on-1 pass rush/blocking period: Raji, Bulaga. Not so good: JC Tretter, beaten twice by Raji. #Packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10m
    Richard Rodgers again makes a play downfield, grips a bullet from the other Rodgers just inside Banjo. Blocking will be the key.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m
    When the ball is in his vicinity TE Richard Rodgers catches it. Hands like vices. Now, can he block?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
    Richard Rodgers first TE snap during pass-under-pressure period with 1s. Mixing it up at TE.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m
    Flynn with an impressive throw to the sideline on an out cut to Adams. Right on the money and perfectly timed.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m
    In pass-under-pressure drill, Davante Adams runs sharp out route on Rolle for 15-20 yards. Can see why Derek Carr praised his route running.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 17m
    1on1 pas rush, peppers beat Bakhtiari with hump move but rushing from other side Bulaga blocked him twice n ads once

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 20m
    Sherrod took on a Matthews spin move and stuffed it.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 21m
    Bulaga had two good turns against Peppers. You can see his added strength.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
    One-on-one pass rushing now. Bulaga stands up Peppers, Datone Jones beats McCray with a nifty swim move.

ITS ALWAYS GOOD WHEN YOU RECOGNIZE THE NAMES IN A REPORT THAT DO WELL AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE POOR SCHMO WAS THAT GOT TRUCKED

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m
    In #Packers team period, Clinton-Dix and Burnett got some snaps together when defense mixed 1s and 2s. Hyde was still starter.

ALSO, RICHARDSON GOT SEVERAL MENTIONS FOR TWO PLAYS, THE TWEETS OF WHICH I CANNOT NOW FIND. SAFETY COULD BE IN MUCH, MUCH BETTER HANDS

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 41m
    HHCD and Burnett worked a little together in defensive mix in early team. Hawk had TFL on Starks. LaDarius Perkins got a rep.

AND HE WAS LINED UP CORRECTLY PRE-SNAP!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 53m
    Also in those 1 on 1's (video up later), Abbrederis with a drop and Bush physical PD on Cobb.

RED'S BLOOD PRESSURE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM TODAY

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 53m
    Jared Abbrederis catch *Applause*

DOES ANYONE THINK TAUSCHER IS JEALOUS? DID ANYONE EVER APPLAUD MARK FOR BLOCKING?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 59m
    Also in drill, Sam Shields picked off Flynn while covering Davante Adams.

HE'S EARNING EVERY PENNY OF THAT $12 MIL GUARANTEE
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h
    Carl Bradford just pushed Andrew Quarless 3 yards into the backfield. Great leverage.

THIS ONE IS FOR WIST

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h
    Josh Boyd just smoked Corey Linsley with an inside move.

CENTER WILL BE A WORK IN PROGRESS. TRETTER HAD TROUBLE WITH RAJI.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h
    #Packers DNPs: Neal, Perry, Worthy, Janis, Guion and Lattimore not practicing

DIDN'T GET LONGER OVERNIGHT

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1m
    Looks like dime group I saw earlier was second dime snap. First had house n shields outside, Williams n Hyde inside, CD as safety

YOU CANNOT PLAY PASS DEFENSE WITHOUT HAYWARD!!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
    Davante Adams goes up over Shields for a catch. Tipped it up and then caught it.

SEE!

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 19m
    In first No. Dime of camp, Hyde n Hayward in slot, clintondix at safety

DOESN'T THIS SOUND MORE LIKE FIRST TEAM DIME THAN HOUSE OUTSIDE AND WILLIAMS INSIDE?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1m
    Looks like dime group I saw earlier was second dime snap. First had house n shields outside, Williams n Hyde inside, CD as safety

YOU CANNOT PLAY PASS DEFENSE WITHOUT HAYWARD!!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
    Davante Adams goes up over Shields for a catch. Tipped it up and then caught it.

SEE!

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 19m
    In first No. Dime of camp, Hyde n Hayward in slot, clintondix at safety

DOESN'T THIS SOUND MORE LIKE FIRST TEAM DIME THAN HOUSE OUTSIDE AND WILLIAMS INSIDE?
    I suspect they just want to see more of Ha Ha, Hyde and House. They know what they have in Hayward.

Do we know what's up with Neale yet? All I can find about him and Perry is writers hypothesizing that the injuries that they played through at the end of last season are still bothering them. Worthy is really disappointing, he's listed as NFI, and it supposedly his back.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
    One-on-one pass rushing now. Bulaga stands up Peppers, Datone Jones beats McCray with a nifty swim move.

ITS ALWAYS GOOD WHEN YOU RECOGNIZE THE NAMES IN A REPORT THAT DO WELL AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE POOR SCHMO WAS THAT GOT TRUCKED

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m
    In #Packers team period, Clinton-Dix and Burnett got some snaps together when defense mixed 1s and 2s. Hyde was still starter.

ALSO, RICHARDSON GOT SEVERAL MENTIONS FOR TWO PLAYS, THE TWEETS OF WHICH I CANNOT NOW FIND. SAFETY COULD BE IN MUCH, MUCH BETTER HANDS

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 41m
    HHCD and Burnett worked a little together in defensive mix in early team. Hawk had TFL on Starks. LaDarius Perkins got a rep.

AND HE WAS LINED UP CORRECTLY PRE-SNAP!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 53m
    Also in those 1 on 1's (video up later), Abbrederis with a drop and Bush physical PD on Cobb.

RED'S BLOOD PRESSURE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM TODAY

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 53m
    Jared Abbrederis catch *Applause*

DOES ANYONE THINK TAUSCHER IS JEALOUS? DID ANYONE EVER APPLAUD MARK FOR BLOCKING?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 59m
    Also in drill, Sam Shields picked off Flynn while covering Davante Adams.

HE'S EARNING EVERY PENNY OF THAT $12 MIL GUARANTEE
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Richardson jumps route to Nelson over the middle and rips the ball out of Nelson's arms for an INT. Rodgers threw it.
    Jul. 28, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Sean Richardson with the play of the day so far. Closes on Rodgers pass to Nelson over the middle for a physical interception. Hit and pick
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Do we know what's up with Neale yet? All I can find about him and Perry is writers hypothesizing that the injuries that they played through at the end of last season are still bothering them. Worthy is really disappointing, he's listed as NFI, and it supposedly his back.
    MM doesn't discuss specificity of injuries, so unless the players talk, there won't be much info. All he said in his PC today was that they have a medical meeting at 4:30, so there might be more information tomorrow.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

More on Sean Richardson:

Play of the day: Sean Richardson is trying to crack the safety rotation โ€“ for the first few days of camp, he was behind Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Chris Banjo โ€“ but the play he made on Rodgersโ€™ pass across the middle to Nelson is the kind of play that moves you up the depth chart. During an 11-on-11 blitz period, Nelson appeared to be open but Richardson broke on the ball, arrived at just the right time and picked off the pass as he collided with Nelson.

โ€œThey brought the corner on a blitz, rotated the safeties and it was wide open in the middle,โ€ Nelson said. โ€œI kind of stayed on my cross, and I think I probably throttled [down] a little too much. Weโ€™ll look at it on film and see what it was, but obviously [Richardson] made a great break and took it right out of my hands. Give him credit for the play he made and holding onto the ball.โ€

Suggestion to everybody: If you don't like Justin's thread, stop bumping it up to the top by commenting on it.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    According to ESPN Neal has a "core muscle injury" and could be cleared as early as Weds. In baseball parlance, Neal has an oblique.

In hockey he has a "not a leg" injury.

Holy Crap is it dusty in here:

Jayme ยท @jaymelee1
    Packer people RT @Tsportsman: @Michelle_NFL @Ol_sLy_Foxx @packers that's my daughter, we just got home and besides her nap she hasn't stopped talking about it all day

Tonsen Sportsman ‏@Tsportsman 1h
    @Ol_sLy_Foxx you made her year. Last year you were the only player to sign her mini helmet. She's been talking (1/2)

Please tell me that Ha-Ha sign is legit.

I got nothin, except the arch should be on the other pic

That picture is too cute. Her bike is so small Harris has to hold it and her hand.

As a father of a little tyke myself, that picture got me too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Can someone who is attending practice on a regular basis report what the base and nickel alignments are looking like??

Don't expect them to run much 3-4 at all, but you'd expect they'll have to run it some... especially facing Seattle and the Jets out of the gate.

Are they lining up in the 2-4 exclusively in the nickel?? Who are the 3 linemen in the base??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m
    Daniels, Raji Boyd starting out in base on the DL.
    Here is all we have so far.