Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
Carl Bradford received little playing time in the Tennessee game. He wasn't overly impressive in the snaps he did get. A lot of people think he'd be better on the inside--including some scouts in the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...270847151.html

I just wonder if they are waiting too long to make the move. I felt the same way about Micah Hyde last year. I see his position being ILB in the NFL. I think long term he could compete with Lattimore or Barrington as a replacement for Hawk or Jones inside.
I don't think it's too surprising given his lack of experience standing up that going into the first preseason game he's behind the 2nd year guys who both saw a fair amount of action last year. He's got to bide his time, learn new techniques and earn opportunities.

I'm also not sure he has the range to cover on the inside. He's probably slower than Hodge was, who was a step slow inside. I think he'll be fine but it may take some time for the conversion. Eventually you'll be able to hide him out in the flat in coverage once in a while but you want that guy on the other side of the line of scrimmage chasing the QB more often than chasing guys in the slot downfield.