Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
I'm also not sure he has the range to cover on the inside. He's probably slower than Hodge was, who was a step slow inside. I think he'll be fine but it may take some time for the conversion. Eventually you'll be able to hide him out in the flat in coverage once in a while but you want that guy on the other side of the line of scrimmage chasing the QB more often than chasing guys in the slot downfield.
He's a bit faster than Hodge. Bradford timed at 4.71 at the combine. Hodge timed at 4.76. Speed isn't the only thing. Desmond Bishop ran 4.81. Physically, outside of a bit faster 40 time his measurables are nearly identical to Sam Barrington. In converse, you could say Bradford doesn't have the necessary length to play OLB in a 3-4. 6'1" is decent size for a 3-4 ILB but short for a 3-4 OLB. It was a small sample size, but his 8 snaps vs. Tennessee were not good. He got no pressure in 1v1 situations. I've also read that he's struggled in pass rush drills. I think his best attributes are similar to what Bishop brought to the table.