Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Then they are trying to up Barrington's profile because he has gone in first in both the last two games. Could be to get tape against better players, but usually that means they want to see how he projects.

But as we have seen before, the Packers do stick with known commodities at times when there is not a clear winner.
    Are you sure because it seems to me that they come in at the same time. JSO indicated today that Lattimore is the first option in base and Barrington in dime. Perhaps with Jones out, the first play was dime, so Barrington would come in first. You would think Lattimore would be better in coverage, but he's had his problems this preseason.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Are you sure because it seems to me that they come in at the same time. JSO indicated today that Lattimore is the first option in base and Barrington in dime. Perhaps with Jones out, the first play was dime, so Barrington would come in first. You would think Lattimore would be better in coverage, but he's had his problems this preseason.
    Its possible, though I am certain Barrngton went in first when BJones went out versus the Raiders, unless Lattimore went in for a snap or two and then came out for some reason. It could have been nickel, but cannot have been dime because both he and Hawk were out there.

In Rams game, I might have missed some Lattimore snaps, my memory is not as specific about when the subs went in.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.