Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269633481.html

"He moves well," quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. "Catches everything."

The passing game has always been the easy part for Richard Rodgers. He played wide receiver in high school before moving to tight end at California, where he bulked up to 275 pounds as a freshman and sophomore.

Last year, he lost 30 pounds to play a split-receiver position at 245. He's back up in the 270-275 range now and blocking as well as any tight end in camp, according to Fontenot.

"I've naturally just been better catching," said Rodgers. "I was a wide receiver in high school so blocking took some time. I'm still learning about blocking and hand placement and steps."

Neither Aaron Rodgers nor Fontenot thinks Richard Rodgers needs to lose any weight even though he ran a slow 40-yard dash time of 4.87 weighing 260 on March 18.

"I think I'm a conventional tight end," Rodgers said. "Playing receiver in high school and last year helped me be in the slot and be in space. I can play anywhere. That's exactly what a tight end needs to do in this offense."
    Because I will never remember this.

Richard Rodgers freshman and sophomore: TE at 270 pounds
    junior: split end at 245
    combine: 260 and a 4.87 40
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19h
    I hate this Abbrederis story. Just had someone tell me that if Abby does have an ACL tear, "I guarantee he doesn't know yet."

From yesterday at 5 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269633481.html

Because I will never remember this.

Richard Rodgers freshman and sophomore: TE at 270 pounds
    junior: split end at 245
    combine: 260 and a 4.87 40
    The quote makes me think he can be especially effective in the red zone. If he's a good blocker and can box guys out to make catches for TDs, he doesn't have to be particularly fast to give them flexibility there.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.