Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McCarthy PC

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod · 7h
    MM: 2014 training camp. I know I'm excited. Everyone has been buzzing around here all week. Coming off offseason program, good vibe

MM: Every football team is unique, especially at this period of time. We have 89 men on our roster. Battle starts. Looking for competition

MM: Every football team is unique, especially at this period of time. We have 89 men on our roster. Battle starts. Looking for competition

MM: Coming out of offseason, we had chance to mold football team. This is our most important time of the year. Have to get information

MM: I haven't seen Clay Matthews personally. Players went for physicals this morning. Staff meeting at 4:30. Info will be presented

MM: You walk away from offseason program. I look at big picture

MM on his address to team: It's important to have clear vision, a tight vision of things we need to push envelope on. Like our roster

MM: We probably spend too much time on it. You have 2 tighten it down. Video is always better. Hopefully i can deliver talk that can deliver

MM on not listing pad practices: Talking to training staff, we are going through a different sked 2nd half of camp. New in-season schedule.

MM: Your goals will be in pads. That's thought but really how team moves through camp...looking back, we haven't started way we wanted to

MM on no practice before/after preseason game: This is 1st time schedule has changed in nine years. 3rd year we talked about it. Taking leap

MM: GPS is something we've had in the building for 3 years. That's a part of data. We have another man coming forward that will impact team

MM: It's important for us to take a hard look by position and player, do we have enough personnel groups, variation.

MM: I'm nervous about it. We have 21 practices. We spent a lot of time up in the staff room. 35, 29, now down to 21

MM: Preseeason games last three years have been a challenge because we've leaned toward evaluation more than winning

MM: Opportunity for 3 QBs comes down to how the 3rd potential QB performs and what goes on with your football team.

MM: I'm not opposed to keeping 3 QBs. It really depends on the competition of other positions.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.