Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And the music it was playing loudly and thumpingly. OY!

It was a late model remake of a muscle car. Not the prettiest job Detroit has done. Windows were probably tinted and it had sizable rims, but those might have been its two best features. I am sure the car is fine, just not my favorite model.
    Prob a Mustang, Camaro or Dodge Challenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Those would be the three suspects, all the NA automakers seem to have a bad case of Throwback Tuesday. Dodge is also making a Dart, but it's hardly a replica!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It was either a Challenger or Charger I think.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It was either a Challenger or Charger I think.
    How many doors? 4 = Charger, 2 = Challenger

Physicals are tomorrow. Is everybody more or less healthy, or are there candidates for the PUP list? Wondering about guys like Nick Perry and Jerel Worthy who did not take part in OTA's. I know Matthews didn't either, but there's no way he'd be placed on PUP.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

That's the beauty part of the Packers, non-football injuries (usually done while training for football) are complete unknowns until the day after physicals.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    How many doors? 4 = Charger, 2 = Challenger
    It was orange

That was all the look I got.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h
    New from JS: McCarthy says he doesn't know if Matthews has been cleared to practice http://bit.ly/1pTnsdm #packers

YOU NEED TO BE LATE TO THE PC MIKE TO FIND THIS STUFF OUT. WILDE CAN WAIT.

It was orange

That was all the look I got.
    Hmmm...did it have a black 01 painted on the doors and a confederate flag on the roof?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hmmm...did it have a black 01 painted on the doors and a confederate flag on the roof?
    Nope. This car could have fit inside that car.

Nope. This car could have fit inside that car.
    Is todays charger that much smaller?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Is todays charger that much smaller?
    Might just look that way. Seems shorter. Probably taller.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
    New from JS: Neal, Perry start camp on physically unable to perform list http://bit.ly/1tL7u7w #packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 48m
    Neal practiced through the spring. Perry did not. Not the way #Packers wanted to start camp. First practice is tomorrow AM.

GOOD TO KNOW SOME THINGS DO NOT EVER CHANGE. NOW MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER OVER FRUSTRATION ABOUT MISSING THE ENTIRE OFFSEASON IF PERRY NOT HEALTHY.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m
    I forgot to mention that DT Jerel Worthy is on non-football injury also. So, it means it's not related to his knee injury. #Packers

UH-OH. ANOTHER CHILLAR OR WAS HE DOING WHEELIES ON HIS BIKE LIKE JEFF KEMP?
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16m
    Two #Packers who were not put on any lists were LB Clay Matthews and TE Andrew Quarless. Both missed all of the off-season workouts.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 54m
    In the case of Janis and Guion, non-fb means they failed their physical due to something they did away from the facility. Janis is illness.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Here is the shorter, more readable version from Demovsky:

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1h
    #Packers roster update:
    PUP: Nick Perry, Mike Neal
    Non-football injury: Letroy Guion, Jerel Worthy
    Non-football illness: Jeff Janis

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
    New from JS: Neal, Perry start camp on physically unable to perform list http://bit.ly/1tL7u7w #packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 48m
    Neal practiced through the spring. Perry did not. Not the way #Packers wanted to start camp. First practice is tomorrow AM.

GOOD TO KNOW SOME THINGS DO NOT EVER CHANGE. NOW MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER OVER FRUSTRATION ABOUT MISSING THE ENTIRE OFFSEASON IF PERRY NOT HEALTHY.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m
    I forgot to mention that DT Jerel Worthy is on non-football injury also. So, it means it's not related to his knee injury. #Packers

UH-OH. ANOTHER CHILLAR OR WAS HE DOING WHEELIES ON HIS BIKE LIKE JEFF KEMP?
    What's up with Neale? He finished last season healthy, didn't he? Bet it's a weight room injury...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

McCarthy PC

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod · 7h
    MM: 2014 training camp. I know I'm excited. Everyone has been buzzing around here all week. Coming off offseason program, good vibe

MM: Every football team is unique, especially at this period of time. We have 89 men on our roster. Battle starts. Looking for competition

MM: Every football team is unique, especially at this period of time. We have 89 men on our roster. Battle starts. Looking for competition

MM: Coming out of offseason, we had chance to mold football team. This is our most important time of the year. Have to get information

MM: I haven't seen Clay Matthews personally. Players went for physicals this morning. Staff meeting at 4:30. Info will be presented

MM: You walk away from offseason program. I look at big picture

MM on his address to team: It's important to have clear vision, a tight vision of things we need to push envelope on. Like our roster

MM: We probably spend too much time on it. You have 2 tighten it down. Video is always better. Hopefully i can deliver talk that can deliver

MM on not listing pad practices: Talking to training staff, we are going through a different sked 2nd half of camp. New in-season schedule.

MM: Your goals will be in pads. That's thought but really how team moves through camp...looking back, we haven't started way we wanted to

MM on no practice before/after preseason game: This is 1st time schedule has changed in nine years. 3rd year we talked about it. Taking leap

MM: GPS is something we've had in the building for 3 years. That's a part of data. We have another man coming forward that will impact team

MM: It's important for us to take a hard look by position and player, do we have enough personnel groups, variation.

MM: I'm nervous about it. We have 21 practices. We spent a lot of time up in the staff room. 35, 29, now down to 21

MM: Preseeason games last three years have been a challenge because we've leaned toward evaluation more than winning

MM: Opportunity for 3 QBs comes down to how the 3rd potential QB performs and what goes on with your football team.

MM: I'm not opposed to keeping 3 QBs. It really depends on the competition of other positions.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2014 at 05:20 PM.

MM: Running football when you have to is of most importance. I'm excited to see what DuJuan Harris is going to give us

MM: This OL IMO has chance to be best that we've had in my time here

MM: I actually haven't seen Pat McKenzie in quite some time. We're still open to that. Jermichael Finley is a Green Bay Packer IMO

MM: I don't care what business you're in, you hope you are right with projection. When Ted sits down with our staff, it's about performance

MM: I like our experience on OL. I like our core with our two guards. I know JC it's his first time. I was impressed with Linsley

MM: Can't say enough about Don Barclay. Derek Sherrod looks good. You have to feel good about depth on OL

MM on TE: I like our tight ends. We have to get them pad work. That's such a tough group cuz they're asked to do so much.

MM: Hitting targets, this the 1st year i feel like I got offseason program right. Veterans did a great job of getting practice part right

MM: You project your reps and how you're going to play guys, it's a real challenge trying to get whole team evaluated

MM: I don't think you can ever jeopardize your personnel evaluation. You have block of time to make decisions and you don't get that back

MM: That KC game is a critical game for our players. Can't tell you how many times you go into last game of the year and it changes

MM: Give our S and C staff credit, I like Mark Lovat is unique. Take a lot of pride that we don't have to do conditioning after practice

MM on tackling: In games? We better tackle in games. No, our tackling drills, we've adjusted them, timing of them

MM: I feel like I can improve. When you stop feeling that way, you're lying to yourself. Halftime thing, I don't know how long
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    What's up with Neale? He finished last season healthy, didn't he? Bet it's a weight room injury...
    He not only finished last season relatively healthy, he made it through the offseason and OTA program without a blip.

He not only finished last season relatively healthy, he made it through the offseason and OTA program without a blip.
    But if he's on the PUP list then the injury has to be related to football. An aggravation of a previous injury? An injury during the physical?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen