Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Nate Palmer and Andy Mulumba are still on first special teams units, a telling sign this point of camp.
    Does this mean Bradford's spot in jeopardy?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Does this mean Bradford's spot in jeopardy?

Tyler Dunne
    ‏@TyDunne
    Carl Bradford playing a bunch this practice. Guessing he gets a long look tomorrow. Big week for the fourth-round pick.

Sounds like it's time to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Tyler Dunne
    ‏@TyDunne
    Carl Bradford playing a bunch this practice. Guessing he gets a long look tomorrow. Big week for the fourth-round pick.

Sounds like it's time to step up.

It's been weird, these newbie draft picks. Kylie Thornton sounds like a long-term project, and unless the Pack keeps seven d-linemen, either he or Pennel will probably have to go. Bradford has been very "meh," Janis has been a pleasant surprise, the kid who used to play point guard (Goodson) sounds promising but raw, and of course Rodgers will stay, as will Linsley, Adams, and Clittin'-Dix.

Would the Pack cut a third and a fourth rounder? That'd be weird. I'd say Thornton has shown more promise. Bradford seems to be, so far, a JAG.

As for the OLB's, I don't see why Nate Palmer is going to be around. He's been like Caspar the Friendly Ghost - invisible - as far as I can tell. I think the writers are generating the Nick Perry controversy. He's better than Mulumba, I think, so why not keep him around to see what he can do this year? It's not like Julius Peppers is going to play here for four or five years, and Neal is on, what, a two year deal?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's been weird, these newbie draft picks. Kylie Thornton sounds like a long-term project, and unless the Pack keeps seven d-linemen, either he or Pennel will probably have to go. Bradford has been very "meh," Janis has been a pleasant surprise, the kid who used to play point guard (Goodson) sounds promising but raw, and of course Rodgers will stay, as will Linsley, Adams, and Clittin'-Dix.

Would the Pack cut a third and a fourth rounder? That'd be weird. I'd say Thornton has shown more promise. Bradford seems to be, so far, a JAG.

As for the OLB's, I don't see why Nate Palmer is going to be around. He's been like Caspar the Friendly Ghost - invisible - as far as I can tell. I think the writers are generating the Nick Perry controversy. He's better than Mulumba, I think, so why not keep him around to see what he can do this year? It's not like Julius Peppers is going to play here for four or five years, and Neal is on, what, a two year deal?
    Cory Rogers would be the precedent -- IIRC he was a R4 pick that didn't make the cut. Like you, I haven't heard a lot about Palmer and I figured he was likely gone, but if he's on the top teams units that changes things, and probably means they will go thinner at another position, say ILB or TE. I don't see them cutting Perry, he is a better athlete but hasn't been as healthy as Mulumba. When Perry has been healthy he's flashed, his contract isn't onerous and he'll be a situational player. I think he's worth keeping but don't think he's the long term answer at OLB opposite Clay. I think all this means Bradford has to step up big time or he's gone. It's a numbers game and there are other players who have played better at OLB thus far.

With his size and production to date I'd think Bradford will probably not get claimed by another team and GB might be able to sign him to the PS. I'm with many here who think Bradford might be better at ILB, but that's a big switch from college DE. Kind of a weird pick by TT.

Thornton is another pick that people wondered about. Pennel has shown more and they won't be able to sneak him onto the PS, Boyd is a year ahead, and Datone, Raji and Daniels are your starters. Trading Worthy helps, but I think they'd like to keep him and have Trgovac develop him.

Don't know that Goodson makes it, even if he's a draft pick. Seems like they like Rolle and I think they are both competing for a CB spot that doesn't exist on the 53.

This is a deep team that if healthy is a legitimate contender. Not a lot of spots up for grabs.