Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Thats disappointing that Datone isnt in there, but we dont use much base anyway. Maybe Boyd is a gamer!

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    om Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m
    Daniels, Raji Boyd starting out in base on the DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Here is all we have so far.
    I'd see Daniels as a waste in the base - I'd save him exclusively for the subpackages that we run a majority of the time anyway.

I don't want to see him getting worn down trying to anchor the end in the run game. Stick Worthy, Guion, or Thornton in there; hell, I'd prefer Perry in there over Daniels b/c Daniels is a more valuable asset in the pass rush.

It's early, and everyone is going to get some reps moving around; but I surely hope Daniels isn't a regular in base.
    wist

Abbrederis gets more mentions. He's getting some love early on in camp.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m
    Jared Abbrederis real sharp in 1 on 1's today. Shakes Bush loose with a good route, then breaks free from CB's hold for another catch.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m
    Clinton-Dix working with Hyde at safety during red zone. Stuffs the run on the first play.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269158261.html

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    First development is that OLB Mike Neal has his helmet and is stretching with the team. Won't be allowed in pads by rule.

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    First team drill, Micah Hyde is still with Burnett and the first-team defense.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    On the second team, Richardson at strong safety with Clinton-Dix at free. Banjo was in there before.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Lang (shoulder) still not working with No. 1s. Barclay at RG with starters. Lang said he thought he'd be back Wed or Thurs.

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Jared Abbrederis real sharp in 1 on 1's today. Shakes Bush loose with a good route, then breaks free from CB's hold for another catch.

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Clinton-Dix working with Hyde at safety during red zone. Stuffs the run on the first play.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Clinton-Dix working with Hyde during this series. Haven't seen much of that before.

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Eddie Lacy rumbles in for a touchdown. Mike Daniels is angry. (Earmuffs)

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Burnett not taking reps in that last team drill. Either they're getting a look at the other S or he's nicked up. Had helmet on whole time.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Datone Jones runs over Aaron Adams in 1 on 1's. Looked like the Jones of early on in last summer that rep.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Mike Neal is working on his speed around the edge more than power this drill, testing out the new frame. Bull rushed a lot last year.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Derek Sherrod stalemates Carl Bradford and James Campen approves. Been a long, long time since Sherrod has worked in this setting.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    They need to find better competition for Mike Daniels in pass rush drill. Destroyed all three of his opponents: Taylor, Tiller, Tiller.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Clay Matthews just whipped by Barclay in 9 on 7 drill.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    On a third and 3 in this full team period, Clinton-Dix drops a tip-drill interception.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Good comeback by Abbrederis on Shields for red zone reception from Rodgers.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Rodgers threads the needle to Nelson on a TD. Richardson late in coverage.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Burnett still not working in team drills. Something's up with him.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    First teams facing each other in red zone now. Tramon Williams with a would-be sack on a left corner blitz.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Not one of Rodgers' better days. A few overthrows this red zone drill. Just missed Nelson on a quick out.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Rajion Neal breaks free for a score on a draw. Looked like Tolzien audibles to the play -- Campen loves it, screaming "Great call!"
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Jarrett Bush had an INT and Boykin ripped it right out of his arms. It was almost a change of possession. Boykin landed OB; no catch

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Hyde, Dix and Richardson n the field at the same time. Hyde scoots up to cover the slot.
    Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Morgan Burnett stopped practicing. He's still out. McCarthy update on that after practice.

Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Two great plays by Davon House in back of end zone on Nelson. Lattimore shouting, taunting Nelson from afar.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Rodgers dumps to Bostick over the middle for TD. B Jones covering.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The future is hyde and haha at safeties

Get burnett the hell out of there. People keep saying he sucked because the other safety sucked last year. The other safety had nothing to do with burnett blowing coverage duties all the time on his side of the field. The other safety was not responsible for burnett thinking it would be best to help tramon cover his slow guy on the sideline instead of helping hawk who was lined up with the fastest TE in the nfl, who was clearly running a streak off the snap

You cant fix stupid, get him out of there

Hyde and clinton dix

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Get burnett the hell out of there. People keep saying he sucked because the other safety sucked last year. The other safety had nothing to do with burnett blowing coverage duties all the time on his side of the field. The other safety was not responsible for burnett thinking it would be best to help tramon cover his slow guy on the sideline instead of helping hawk who was lined up with the fastest TE in the nfl, who was clearly running a streak off the snap

Hyde and clinton dix
    At some point I think you'll get your wish. C-D is their most natural FS, and Hyde is a more instinctive player than Burnett. It might not happen right away though.

Hyde and clinton dix
    MM won't bench Burnett. Not saying he shouldn't, just saying he won't.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hyde and clinton dix
    Incidentally, Last year I said that I liked Richardson/McMillan as the future at safety. I was halfway on the right track.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    MM won't bench Burnett. Not saying he shouldn't, just saying he won't.
    Why do you think that? IMO, McCarthy has shown that if someone is better at a position, regardless of your pay or status on the team - you ride the pine.

Hyde and clinton dix
    You know what, I have a feeling it's going to pan out this way as well. Burnett will play for a lot of years in the league, but he's not very good. He's just not bad enough to give up on.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Burnett has a lot of talent but he seems stupid. Watching the Bears game he made one phenominal game to break up a long pass and then went bonehead. I truly believe they need a veteran leader at that position to do some teaching. Whether it's bad coaching or they are just stupid....they need more direction
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

packers signed WR Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from Baltimore. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269292151.html

He's 6-1, 211. Spent last year on Baltimore's practice squad.

Hyde and clinton dix
    Won't happen because of his salary but I agree I like Hyde at FS and Dix at SS. I think Burnett sucked last season because of his hamstring injury but either way we have great depth at safety all of a sudden.

I have heard a few different people say Linsley looks really good and Tretter looks so so. Has anyone heard/seen anything similar to this? I still think Linsley is a better center than Tretter so it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    packers signed WR Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from Baltimore. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269292151.html

He's 6-1, 211. Spent last year on Baltimore's practice squad.
    Another WR? What are they possibly going to do with him, I'm sure they already have too many even for camp bodies. Are WR's this year's TE?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I have heard a few different people say Linsley looks really good and Tretter looks so so. Has anyone heard/seen anything similar to this? I still think Linsley is a better center than Tretter so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Linsley had a rough go a day ago in one on ones, he was beaten a couple of times. But I haven't read much else on him.

EDIT: Praise for today: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-pro/13386863/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Same article: Flynn WAS injured.

Flynn looks like his throwing arm is livelier than last year, when he still was suffering from elbow tendinitis that dated back to training camp of 2012 with the Seattle Seahawks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty · Jul 26
    no. 2 oline: Sherrod, Tiller, Linsley Lane, Adams left to right

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty · 12h
    In 1on1 pass rush few periods ago, Linsley good day, went 3-0 against Pennel, Boyd n D Jones