Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They told us all last season that they liked Stoneburner, and they kept him around. Maybe he will get his chance.

The first week of camp they said Perillo outplayed Lyerla, but then he plateaued. Time for him to turn it up.
    I'd hate to see Stoneburner cut because of numbers or whatever, then resurface as a decent TE with some other team. I have at least as much hope for him as I do for Bostick.

MM said Bostick has a "lower leg injury". Why so wordy? He been reading Red's posts?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    MM said Bostick has a "lower leg injury". Why so wordy? He been reading Red's posts?
    He might as just tell the opponent WHICH leg!

Actually, he should just say 8 players missed some time or were limited this week and then list the various injuries alphabetically. Let the press sort that match game out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'd hate to see Stoneburner cut because of numbers or whatever, then resurface as a decent TE with some other team. I have at least as much hope for him as I do for Bostick.
    IMHO, Bostick is a lot better than Stoneburner.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They told us all last season that they liked Stoneburner, and they kept him around. Maybe he will get his chance.

The first week of camp they said Perillo outplayed Lyerla, but then he plateaued. Time for him to turn it up.
    Ah yes, Stoneburner. Forgot about him....not good if you are forgotten.

Any worries about Hayward yet? The only comments I've been reading are when he gets burned (like most DBs) or when the dime list doesn't have him on it (with Hyde or House ahead of him).

I think he played too well his rookie year for it to be a fluke, so what's going on?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Any worries about Hayward yet? The only comments I've been reading are when he gets burned (like most DBs) or when the dime list doesn't have him on it (with Hyde or House ahead of him).

I think he played too well his rookie year for it to be a fluke, so what's going on?
    Hayward is still getting his legs back together.

He has had bad moments, but in general, I'd think he will be fine.

He's an excellent cover guy in zone.

In nickel and dime they have been playing him at corner and having Tramon cover the slot.

That's getting to be the defensive convention around the league.

Have your best guy take the slant and cover the rest of the WR's in zone.

Wistian paranoia aside, I think Capers is lashing together an effective D this season.

Lyerla is out for the season, right? I read torn MCL and PCL from the family night hurdling episode.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Lyerla is out for the season, right? I read torn MCL and PCL from the family night hurdling episode.
    I don't think anything has been made official yet. Can't imagine he'll play this year. They can't PUP him and I can't see them using a roster spot to keep him. Best thing to do, if they feel he has potential, is IR him.

I don't think Barclay or Abbrederis have been put on IR yet either. We know they aren't playing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post

Man did you cause a jinx.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 26m
    Looks like Hayward is being held out. May be an injury.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

All @RobDemovsky Tweets

@RobDemovsky
    TT: We've got an important few weeks right in front of us. Certainly finishing up the preseason and getting ready for the start of season.

TT: Next three games, play Reggie McKenzie's team, John Dorsey's team and John Schneider's team. (All formePackersouts). #Packers
    @MikeMo15·4 HOURS AGO

@RobDemovsky
    TT on why no roster moves since July 30: "Sometimes you keep adding salt to the mix, it gets to saltWisdomfromTeddomfromTed

@RobDemovsky
    TT on increasing practice squad to 10: That's fine with me. Most people in my position would say that's a good idea. I don't get a vote.

TT on watching preseason games from the sideline: "You can see the glassiness of the eyePackers; #Packers

TT on the 2013 draft class (with 5 starters): It's good. We don't separate players by years. Love the 30-years-olds as much as 20-year-olds.

TT: I was often times playing in the 2nd half of preseason games, competition level drops, even I made a few plays. Have to weigh it out.

TT on Tretter: "We liked him a lot in college, thought he could play. Did some workouts with him as a center."

All @RobDemovsky Tweets

At the start of #Packers practice Carl Bradford and Jayrone Elliott are working with the regular defense. Typically they're inside w/scout D

On the flip side of Bradford/Elliott, WR Myles White is with the scout offense while the main group is inside.

Rajion Neal and Joe Thomas still out. #Packers

With Bostick out, Jake Stoneburner continues to get more work with the starters. Caught the first pass from Rodgers in team.

So far in this period, Rodgers has taken the first three reps then Flynn took one. Three more for Rodgers then one for Tolzien.

Julius Peppers just destroyed FB Ina Liaina and dumped RB Michael Hill in the half-line drill.

Jayrone Elliott is at right tackle with the No. 1 punt team. That's usually Bostick or Ryan Taylor.

I'm starting to wonder if Ryan Taylor's roster spot isn't as safe as I thoughtPackersld be. #Packers

Ryan Taylor is in his regular spot with the No. 1 kickoff return team. Barrington in on it now for Palmer.

QB reps in the last team period, in order; Rodgers (4), Flynn (3), Tolzien (3). #Packers

Rough red zone period for the offense. Rodgers missed Nelson and then Boykin had a rocket from Rodgers go right through the wickets.

Sack for Mike Neal, who beat Aaron Adams off the edge and for Flynn.

Janis. Hyde, Williams and Cobb catching punts. Tramon mishandled one of them.

FG period for Crosby: 33: Good 38: Good 42: Good 44: WR 46: Good 53: Good

I remember when the "move the ball" period actually meant it. A 20-yard completion from Flynn to Adams on 2nd-and-6. Next play 3rd-and-8.

Burnett and HHCD are the safeties in this defensive period. Hyde was with Burnett earlier in practice.

Hyde and Richardson are the No. 2 safety pairing.

If there was a starting lineup change with HHCD, they likely would've started practice that way. Must be a rotational thing.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-19-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Man did you cause a jinx.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 26m
    Looks like Hayward is being held out. May be an injury.
    McCarthy gave his infamous answer of "Being Smart with Hayward."

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Supposedly they're planning to waive him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Supposedly they're planning to waive him.
    Packers waive-injured Colt Lyerla

He told Demovsky the Packers want him on IR and try again next year.

I was at practice today. Defense was on the field about 20 minutes before the offense came out. They're spending a lot of time in Hutson Center working on crowd noise. Not a great day for the receivers really. Best action was in the running game segments. At one point you could here Peppers yelling at the LT "You know what's coming!" Stoneburner getting a lot more playing time with Bostick out. Seeing Bradford standing next to Matthews is startling. Hard to believe they play the same position. Guion did not practice was on the field practicing accelerating out of 3 point stance.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Don't be surprised if Lyerla gets claimed by the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers waive-injured Colt Lyerla

He told Demovsky the Packers want him on IR and try again next year.
    Why can't they IR him now?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Why can't they IR him now?
    Not sure. But I suspect it has to do with being a UDFA and having less than minimum League contract currently. If he would have made the roster, whatever his money was from choosing GB as a UDFA would have been increased to the rookie minimum.

There are probably rules in place to avoid keeping a player all year and not having a weekly paycheck.

For instance:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
    OK, let's get this straight once and for all: Jets added WR Shaq Evans to injured reserve, not waived/injured. Apologies for confusion.

was a fourth round pick and they sent him right to IR. It can be used the other way too. The TE the Giants lost to NE was waived in order to vacate his contract.

Story on Perry versus St. Louis and overall status.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...271909651.html