Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    $300,000 is chump change for an NFL team. If he was good enough to take a chance on this season, paying that small amount is certainly worthwhile to see what he can do next season. They need to make sure he keeps his nose clean and hopefully reports in football shape next off-season. For now, his injury is a slight blessing, as it makes cut decisions less difficult.
    do you want to give him a vested year to sit on IR though? We are developing him, which means that it will take a bit to get some return. If he blossoms just in time to get paid, its a waste of time. I think they put him on practice squad and don't let him get that cheap year on the books doing nothing.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    do you want to give him a vested year to sit on IR though? We are developing him, which means that it will take a bit to get some return. If he blossoms just in time to get paid, its a waste of time. I think they put him on practice squad and don't let him get that cheap year on the books doing nothing.
    I agree, but it's the lesser of the two evils - the other being the risk of losing him if we try to stash him on the practice squad and somebody else grabs him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I agree, but it's the lesser of the two evils - the other being the risk of losing him if we try to stash him on the practice squad and somebody else grabs him.
    I understand that, but I look at it this way. He was not drafted by any of the 31 other teams...what has he done to date to make another team want to suddenly use a roster spot for?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.