Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Why do you think that? IMO, McCarthy has shown that if someone is better at a position, regardless of your pay or status on the team - you ride the pine.
    I can think of a few instances where MM valued a veteran who is generally available more than he should have. I think we can all agree that Newhouse didn't belong on the field last season from about week 8 on.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Linsley had a rough go a day ago in one on ones, he was beaten a couple of times. But I haven't read much else on him.

EDIT: Praise for today: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-pro/13386863/
    Also from this article:

Nose tackle B.J. Raji looks rejuvenated. He's been getting excellent push on most of his one-on-one pass rushes, and in two different run-blocking drills (half line and one-on-one) the first two days he's pushed his way into the backfield several times

I think Burnett will be fine this year. No worries there. He'll have a partner who can play, whether it's Hyde, Clinton-Dix, or even Richardson, and he'll have a breakout year, I believe.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 37m
    Nice to see OLB Nick Perry practicing for the first time. Packers now have no players left on PUP list.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
    Defense giving Nick Perry a ton of reps on his first day of practice since last year. He's been at his favorite spot, ROLB.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m
    Just saw Peppers do something #Packers OLBs constantly fail to do. Protect the back side. Didn't commit himself so cut back run would occur.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 13m
    Nick Perry takes his first team rep. He and Neal were OLBs. Matthews also on the field.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
    Sean Richardson is having himself a terrific day. #Packers have always liked him. Is safety battle getting even more interesting?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
    S Sean Richardson is the three star player of practice so far. He's everywhere. Leveled TE Richard Rodgers.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
    Richardson with another strong period. LaDarius Perkins has a little wiggle. Thought Linsley has looked strong again

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m
    LaDarius Perkins just turned heads in 11 on 11 with a quick cut and burst upfield. Built a lot like Harris at 5 foot 7, 195.
    Last edited by denverYooper; 07-31-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

WOO-HOO!!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
    Defense giving Nick Perry a ton of reps on his first day of practice since last year. He's been at his favorite spot, ROLB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Damn, I wish I was over there this morning.

No one left on PUP? Wow, nice. When did Neale get back?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Neal started practicing yesterday,
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Perry and Sherrod practicing? Be still my heart.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think Burnett will be fine this year. No worries there. He'll have a partner who can play, whether it's Hyde, Clinton-Dix, or even Richardson, and he'll have a breakout year, I believe.
    what flavor is your kool aid? But I hope your right.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 37m
    Nice to see OLB Nick Perry practicing for the first time. Packers now have no players left on PUP list.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m
    Just saw Peppers do something #Packers OLBs constantly fail to do. Protect the back side. Didn't commit himself so cut back run would occur.

Or was he too lazy to pursue?

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 13m
    Nick Perry takes his first team rep. He and Neal were OLBs. Matthews also on the field.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
    Sean Richardson is having himself a terrific day. #Packers have always liked him. Is safety battle getting even more interesting?

This WILL NOT be my second Allen Babre moment!!!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
    S Sean Richardson is the three star player of practice so far. He's everywhere. Leveled TE Richard Rodgers.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
    Richardson with another strong period. LaDarius Perkins has a little wiggle. Thought Linsley has looked strong again

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m
    LaDarius Perkins just turned heads in 11 on 11 with a quick cut and burst upfield. Built a lot like Harris at 5 foot 7, 195.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8h
    Perry had a couple of quality rushes from the right side in one on one pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Perry had a couple of quality rushes from the right side in one on one pass rush.
    I'm telling you, the dude may be a head case, he may have pissed McC right off, but he can rush the passer. Now if he can learn to hold contain on the run, and pretend he's covering a tight end or running back, he can be useful.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    what flavor is your kool aid? But I hope your right.

It's cabernet flavor. I know, I'm being optimistic. But if you can't be optimistic now, when can you?

Question: I read on a tweet that the Packers have no one on PUP now. What about Worthy? Anyone know?

KYPack

Neal, Peppers and Matthews in the game together. Matthews lining up all over the place. Going to have to stop the run in this grouping.

It's cabernet flavor. I know, I'm being optimistic. But if you can't be optimistic now, when can you?

Question: I read on a tweet that the Packers have no one on PUP now. What about Worthy? Anyone know?
    Worthy and Guion are on the Non Football Injury list.

Interesting. Does this grouping mean two down linemen, or does it mean less Hawk on the field?

KYPack

Interesting. Does this grouping mean two down linemen, or does it mean less Hawk on the field?
    Fewer lineman I think, but not positive. If it was 3 lineman or 2-4 nickel, they wouldn't have wondered in the same Tweet about the run because it would have been conventional Capers scheme.

In the next mention in that segment of practice, both Hawk and Jones were present.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8h
    MM on Sherrod: fully recovered, you can see that in his balance, that's 1 thing that stands out. much stronger. Just needs to play, practice

WHAT?!

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 2h
    NFL's Ed Hochuli said having Mike Pereira, others on TV "has been good for officiating. We're right far more than people think we're right"

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 2h
    NFL ref Ed Hochuli: "I love the pressure and the adrenaline rush I get from that ... if my skills start to deteriorate I'll get out."He's 63

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 1h
    Personally, Ed Hochuli can be as "wordy" as he wants to be in his game-day foul explanations. They're informative, priceless, entertaining.

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 1h
    Just don't get Mike McCarthy going when it comes to October 2010 and Ed Hochuli. Does LB Rob Francois and illegal formation ring a bell?

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 28m
    Mike McCarthy insisted Sun and Mon after the 10-17-10 Miami OT loss that Francois wasn't within a yard of the l-snapper. Hochuli said he was
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-31-2014 at 09:36 PM.