Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Was Cory Rodgers signed to another squad after GB cut him? I'm guessing these higher round draft picks are all signed by another squad right away. And then cut soon after since they actually suck.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Was Cory Rodgers signed to another squad after GB cut him? I'm guessing these higher round draft picks are all signed by another squad right away. And then cut soon after since they actually suck.
    On July 25, 2006, Rodgers officially signed a contract with the Green Bay Packers, but on September 2, 2006, Rodgers was released by the Packers in the final round of cuts to the 53 man roster to begin the 2006 season. On September 4, 2006, Rodgers signed to the San Francisco 49ers practice squad but was later released on September 26, 2006.

In June of the 2007 CFL season, Rodgers made his debut with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League. In his debut season with the Lions, he caught 27 passes for 351 yards and for 3 touchdowns. He was released on July 8, 2009.

On July 23, 2009, he was signed to the practice roster of the Toronto Argonauts. Rodgers was later activated and played in his first game as an Argonaut on August 1, 2009 at home against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. In his Argo debut, Rodgers had 6 receptions for 54 yards while also making 1 punt return for 11 yards. Rodgers was later released by the Argos on September 1, 2009.