Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I may well be overstating the pressure TT put on Colt and his agent to take the settlement. I really think that TT is done with Colt, first with putting him through wavers instead of straight to IR, then the settlement and finally his comment, it all adds up to not being interested in keeping Colt. Sure, this could be a big mistake and the guy could wind up being a good one. That happens, but this is a business and if you don't see a future for a player, get rid of him as soon and as cheaply as possible. TT decided that the rights to Colt were not worth an additional $150K.
    I think you are misreading the comments. Lyerla will be/is a free agent. TT isn't going to send out a signal to other teams that he wants him back eventually...not fair to the packers or the player to do that. He simply stated a fact. Free agent. We will reassess later if he isn't already with another team.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think you are misreading the comments. Lyerla will be/is a free agent. TT isn't going to send out a signal to other teams that he wants him back eventually...not fair to the packers or the player to do that. He simply stated a fact. Free agent. We will reassess later if he isn't already with another team.
    If it were just the quotes, then maybe. However the actions speak louder than the words and the actions say that the Packers are done with Colt.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If it were just the quotes, then maybe. However the actions speak louder than the words and the actions say that the Packers are done with Colt.
    I disagree. I think the actions say he wasn't worth IRing for an entire season. I believe that if he is available when the time comes he MIGHT be on our PS.

EDIT: Just my 2 cents worth, which is now my nickels worth.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I disagree. I think the actions say he wasn't worth IRing for an entire season. I believe that if he is available when the time comes he MIGHT be on our PS.

EDIT: Just my 2 cents worth, which is now my nickels worth.
    Nice call bobble. I'd say the two most likely possibilities are that you're indeed right about the Packers wanting to get him a chance to get on the field this year...or the other possibility might be that he hasn't kept up his end of the bargain off the field.

A guy like him only needs to show up with a hangover once or twice to raise some serious questions. Our exclusive insider report of him driving around in the souped-up Charger with shaded windows, bumpin' tunes and shady buddies might raise even more.

I have a hard time seeing the third possibility that they just don't think he can play - even with his less than stellar start. He was rusty but I think there's little chance the scouting department doesn't think this guy has the talent to try to develop.