Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
$300,000 is chump change for an NFL team. If he was good enough to take a chance on this season, paying that small amount is certainly worthwhile to see what he can do next season. They need to make sure he keeps his nose clean and hopefully reports in football shape next off-season. For now, his injury is a slight blessing, as it makes cut decisions less difficult.
It may be chump change, but if you find a way to save $300K, you try to do so. I think the Packers were dubious about keeping him and figured if someone else wanted to pay him the 300K for being on IR, let them. Personally I'd agree with you that if they get him healthy, build him back into proper football shape and get his brain NFL ready in the meetings he will attend, then things can turn out well for the Packers. The misguided leap shows he has some athletic ability, so I'm for having another look next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
Vic stated that waived/injured and reverting to IR means that the player doesn't count against the team's in-season 90 man limit. If you stash him directly to IR, they do count.
During the season it won't be much of an issue, how many times have they ever been even close. Not even the packers have 27 on IR. Now it can be an issue, but they didn't add a guy.