Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Bobblehead?
    I tweeked my ring finger typing my response.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ga-knee-injury

It appears Bulaga did play on the knee after hurting it. However, it's unclear when Bulaga told anyone on the training staff that his knee hurt.
    I apologize Red. I swore I read last year that he limped off the field after playing one additional snap from when he first got up favoring the leg. Its pretty impressive to continue on after tearing a ligament.

Speaking of playing on ...

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 59s
    Per @abbrecadabra's dad, he hurt his knee WEDNESDAY. RT @thROBmarley: His dad wrote on facebook he'll miss the year.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tough luck for Abbrederis. From what I'd read about Abbrederis' camp so far, it's unlikely they would have cut him, but part of me thinks this could be a blessing in disguise for him. He'll have time to get healthy, stronger, and well-versed in the offense. It probably hurts the special teams more than anything this year.
    I've been getting the impression the last WR spot was going to be either Dorsey or White, my guess is they both make it (if they keep 6 WRs, which I think they will). I like Harper but think he ends up on the PS (or signed off of it). I suppose the injury helps out Janis' chances as well but I think he gets invited to join the PS too.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269633481.html

Because I will never remember this.

Richard Rodgers freshman and sophomore: TE at 270 pounds
    junior: split end at 245
    combine: 260 and a 4.87 40
    The quote makes me think he can be especially effective in the red zone. If he's a good blocker and can box guys out to make catches for TDs, he doesn't have to be particularly fast to give them flexibility there.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Tough luck for Abbrederis. From what I'd read about Abbrederis' camp so far, it's unlikely they would have cut him, but part of me thinks this could be a blessing in disguise for him. He'll have time to get healthy, stronger, and well-versed in the offense. It probably hurts the special teams more than anything this year.
    I've been getting the impression the last WR spot was going to be either Dorsey or White, my guess is they both make it (if they keep 6 WRs, which I think they will). I like Harper but think he ends up on the PS (or signed off of it). I suppose the injury helps out Janis' chances as well but I think he gets invited to join the PS too.
    Yeah, tough for the kid but it probably factors well into GBs team building plans.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I tweeked my ring finger typing my response.
    I hope you do well in rehab.

Not exactly progress, but at least Bach isn't a world ahead. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269710611.html

At times, the pass rush was heavy. "This is the best I've seen it," said DE Mike Daniels, referring to the first week. If play had been live, there probably would have been five sacks. LB Jayrone Elliott beat T Derek Sherrod and T Jeremy Vujnovich for sacks. Daniels notched one against G John Fullington and another against T David Bakhtiari. LB Adrian Hubbard beat T Don Barclay.
    Davon House blanketed Jarrett Boykin for about five seconds covering multiple moves in one-on-ones, prompting Aaron Rodgers just to eat the ball.
    WR Chris Harper's hands have been far too erratic. He dropped a 55-yard bomb from Tolzien behind the defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h
    Asked Moss about his quote saying Perry had done "zero." He said it was "taken out of context." At the time, he hadn't worked with Perry.

Great quote on Lacy:

Sam Gash on Lacy: "He looks like what they call in the NFL, a 'dude.' If he gets off the bus first, I'm going to be nervous."

What time does practice start today?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What time does practice start today?
    It's a late one. 5:30 P.M. I believe.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Rookie Jeff Janis is back at practice, his first training camp practice with the Packers.

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    BJ Raji seems to be moving pretty well after getting stepped on Saturday night.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Here's who's out for the Packers: Guion (hamstring), Lyerla (leg), Miller (ankle), Abbrederis (knee), Worthy (back), and now Michael Hill.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Khyri Thornton wastes his man in this half-line drill. Couldn't tell who. Vid clips up later tonight.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Packers working in the red zone now. Aaron Rodgers rolls right, throws a touchdown to Jake Stoneburner who finds a soft spot in the middle.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Clay Matthews "sacks" Rodgers on a blitz. Datone Jones there, too. Tough TD grab by Quarless nonetheless, held by Richardson going down.

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Khyri Thornton destroys Lane Taylor in one on one pass rush. He's having a good practice.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    First real scuffle: JC Tretter strikes Robinson in the head in 1 on 1's, Robinson retaliates. T.J. Lang chimes in with a jab, everyone joins

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    One guy flashing in zone on one pass rush is 6-3 255 lb OLB Jayrone Elliott. Beat Sherrod and Barclay.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Rodgers to Rodgers on a deep slant in 11 on 9 segment. Tight end a large man who can move.

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Nelson over the middle but Richardson is there. He's consistently around the ball.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Another play by Jake Stoneburner. Diving out route, for 20 yards, from Scott Tolzien.

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Flynn to Dorsey down left sideline for TD. Dennard beat badly.

Twitter
    Tyler Dunne
    @TyDunne
    Packers mixing it up. Now, Clinton-Dix and Richardson get a series with the first defense.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Can they keep Richardson out of the starting lineup? He sounds like the safety most consistently doing positive things.

He's the best athlete of the bunch. If he keeps making plays, he's got to see the field.

MM says Lyerla out for several weeks with knee injury. My guess is he joins Abbrederis on IR for this season, or is cut outright for the PS.

Dorsey makes the Twitter feed. Sherrod got beat again. Going to have to start to read Bob to get totals for pass rush drills.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 42m
    McCarthy: Michael Hill has a concussion. Should be back soon.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 43m
    Lyerla will be out several weeks. (with a knee)

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    No sign of Burnett in a while. Might've pulled out of practice again.

BURNETT MIGHT BE ACCOMMODATING THOSE THAT WANT TWO NEW SAFETIES THIS YEAR.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
    #Packers D showing varied looks during this red-zone blitz period, including "bat" package (six DBs, four LBs, one DL).

ALSO KNOWN AS WIST TROLLING.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
    Derek Sherrod with a win on Jones in the final rep. Guessing he was listening to the nearby fan, citing the fact he was a first-round pick.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m
    Per agent, Vinnie Porter, Lyerla's knee is swollen and it's "going to be a while." But adds "it does not look like surgery will be needed."
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-04-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Damn nothing on Janis?