Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The 40 is so overrated. Bishop was about .5 seconds faster diagnosing things than most ILB, so his effective 40 time was 4.31...dude flew.
    Not so fast. I don't think Bishop could diagnose anything. He just saw a gap and shot it. It didn't matter if that was his assignment or that was where the play was going. I don't know how many times he shot the wrong gap and let the other team gash a 20+ yard run.

It wasn't until his last season or two that he slowed down and actually played his assignment and then the Packers could afford to put him in for extended periods.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
    #Packers DNPs:
    R. Neal - knee
    Lyerla - knee
    Thomas - knee
    B. Jones - unknown (new)
    Barclay - knee
    Abbrederis - knee
    Guion - hamstring

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Davante Adams (wrist) has returned to practice.

GPS TOLD HIM TO GET BACK OUT THERE

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h
    Also back at practice is ILB Joe Thomas. RB Rajion Neal is still out.

HE HAD A LEG. NOW HIS LEG BELONGS TO WINSTON MOSS.

Janis inside working with top offensive units while Dorsey and Harper are outside working with the scout team. That says something.

YES. UPCOMING INJURY REPORT.

Lattimore working with Hawk inside with first defense. I would expect Barrington to get a shot there too.

JONES IS HURT YOU H8TERS.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sorry, I said Thomas is back. I was looking at Barrington. I need to clean my glasses.

OK, SO HE IS NOT BACK

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Look out, Bryan Bulaga just drive Doughty into the dirt during half line. Next play, does the same to Hubbard.

SOUNDS LIKE THE MOUNTAIN'S WORKOUT REGIME

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    And Jake Stoneburner has his say. Might've been his best block of camp, pancakes his man.

NOW IF THE TISSUE GRAFTS FROM JACKIE HARRIS' HANDS TAKE ...

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Richard Rodgers solid again this drill. Really controlled Bradford to clear one lane.

IF THE TITANS GAME WAS ANY INDICATION, THIS TEST WAS RIGGED

Rodgers is playing QB for the scout team. Makes me wonder how much he's going to play vs. St. Louis.

BUT BOYKIN, ADAMS AND RRODGERS WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT AN NFL PASS LOOKS LIKE DURING A GAME TOM

Run drill taking place is as physical as anything they've done this camp. Lots of pads smacking.

ONE INJURY AND I BET TED CANCELS IT

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Corey Linsley having his moments, too. Gets underneath Pennel, coach all over Pennel for getting too high.

PENNEL! ARE YOU HIGH? HE IS FROM OHIO STATE, JUST TELL HIM YOUR FROM THE SEC AND HE'LL FOLD!

Fight came after Lacy gashed the defense for a sizable gain.

ARE LACY AND RODGERS ON THE SCOUT TEAM? I THINK TOM IS CONFUSED OR THE DRILL CHANGED. I HOPE.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    That was no boys-will-be-boys scuffle there. Lattimore and Sitton get into it, entire O and D jump in.

YES CERTAINLY. WE AWAIT THE POLICE REPOT ON CASUALTIES.

Now Winston Moss and James Campen up in each other's face screaming.

WHERE IS RED TO TELL US THE COACHES CAN'T LIGHT A FIRE UNDER SOMEONE (THEMSELVES)?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Easily the best fight of camp. For a guy who hardly talks off the field, Lattimore loves talking on it. Must've got under Sitton's skin.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1h
    Wildest drill of camp ends, half-line run drill. Huge fight O vs D in big pile, Campen n Moss jawing, A Rodgers n Sirton barking at D

BACKUP LB AND THE STARTING QB. YAWN. LET ME KNOW IF MATTHEWS OR PEPPERS TEES OFF ON LANG OR SITTON.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Even Derek Sherrod joined the fun. He was central to that last mosh pit.

NOT A GOOD RISK MANAGEMENT DECISION.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Janis with a diving catch on an out route. When doesn't this guy make a great catch?

WHEN HE HAS SHINGLES

When Jeff Janis finds consistency, he's going to be a player. Full extension layout catch in 11-on-11 after two drops in individual drills.

BEST JOE MORGAN REFERENCE OF THE DAY

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h
    Good concentration from Gillett. Hayward tips up pass in double coverage, catches the deflection

HHCD WAS IN COVERAGE ON THIS AS WELL. MUST BE NEW TO HAYWARD TO HAVE SAFETY HELP

In first dime, Burnett and Clinton-Dix at safety, Tramon and Hyde in the slot, Shields and House outside.

WHAT!? HOW CAN YOU PLAY PASS D WITHOUT HAYWARD?

Rodgers working with the second team O-line in red zone drill. Very unusual.

PACKERS PREPARE FOR FIRST 4 GAMES IN PRESEASON. AFTER INJURIES, THAT WILL BE THE STARTING O LINE IN GAME 3.

Flutter ball from Rettig gets picked by Tramon on pass for Gillett

WONDER IF THIS WAS TIPPED LIKE IT WAS DURING TITAN GAME?

Rodgers to Boykin down seam for a nice gain against No. 1 defense.

BOYKIN CAN BE THE TE

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1h
    Punt cover drill so Hyde personal protector, punt returners are Cobb, Williams, Janis

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    On the scout team, Randall Cobb, Myles White, Tramon Williams, Jeff Janis are fielding punts.

SO TELL US WHO IS ON THE 1ST TEAM PUNT COVER YOU TWO!

Morgan Burnett on first kickoff coverage

ONLY 10 MORE NAMES TO GO. IN RELATED NEWS, WHAT?!

Janis working on KORs with DuJuan Harris, Micah Hyde and LaDRius Perkins.

IS JANIS BILLY SCHROEDER REINCARNATED? ALSO, NOTE NEW NICKNAME SILVERSTEIN GAVE TO DOC PERKINS WITH THE CAPS

Rodgers with a quick hitter over the middle to Bostick, who has picked up his game the last week.

I GET A DEFINITE TYRONE DAVIS VIBE FROM BOSTICK

This 11-on-11 period included Rodgers going downfield to Nelson, just missing Boykin deep and Adams catching a crossing route from 12.

KEY TO STAYING HEALTHY: ONLY WORK WITH RODGERS

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Sean Richardson with a nice read on Tolzien. Steps in front of Gillett for an interception he would've taken back for a touchdown.

KEY TO MAKING TEAM ON DEFENSE, ALWAYS JUMP IN FOR #2 QB REPS

Tolzien and Gillett totally screwed up on in route. Sean Richardson picks off errant throw. I believe that's his third pick of camp.

THEY DON'T ASK HOW, THEY ASK HOW MANY

Janis and Antonio Dennard go after it after getting locked up on a block. Janis wrestles Dennard down.

JANIS JANIS JANIS!!

Burnett has a chance for a pick laying out for ball by Flynn but can't haul it in. They need him to make that special kind of play.

I WILL SETTLE FOR HIM TO JUST MAKE THE REGULAR PLAYS AND TAKE IT FROM THERE

Rettig with a nice shot to TE Justin Perillo, who has caught everything today.

HE IS MAD HE ISN'T IN THE POLL

S Ryan White,who played well against Tennessee, has dropped out with an ankle or injury. Has his shoe off and ice bag near ankle.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Jumal Rolle on a nice roll of late. With the scout team vs No. 1 offense, he breaks up a Rodgers pass to Cobb.

I BELIEVE ITS PRONOUNCED ROLLÉ

OLB Adrian Hubbard says "Welcome To Paradise" to Scott Tolzien with an INT as @GreenDay blares. #PackersPlaylist

MIGHT WANT TO HOLD OFF ON CELEBRATORY BANDWAGON FOR TOLZIEN

Mulumba with a nice rush on Adams. Would have been a sack in normal circumstances.

MIGHT BE FIRST MENTION OF MULUMBA ALL CAMP NOT PRECEDED BY "QUIET"

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Another scuffle, lost track of count. This one features Jarrett Bush and T.J. Lang. Two vets going at it.

MY MONEY IS ON BUSH

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Matt Flynn hits Jake Stoneburner off play action for a touchdown in the back of the end zone.

TE PROBLEM SOLVED

Flynn to Stone Irene for short TD. Haven't seen the latter's name much here.

#Tramontana RT @TomSilverstein: Flynn to Stone Irene for short TD. Haven't seen the latter's name much here.

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST. LIKE TRAMONTANA, STONE IRENE IS NOW STONEBURNER'S NICKNAME FROM SPOON

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 30m
    MM on why Brad Jones didn't practice: had dental procedure.

NEW GRILLE

Don't think Tweet on FGs went through. Crosby was 4 of 6. Missed 42 and 53. Hit from 33, 44, 46 and. 54. I believe he's 41 of 45 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Not so fast. I don't think Bishop could diagnose anything. He just saw a gap and shot it. It didn't matter if that was his assignment or that was where the play was going. I don't know how many times he shot the wrong gap and let the other team gash a 20+ yard run.

It wasn't until his last season or two that he slowed down and actually played his assignment and then the Packers could afford to put him in for extended periods.
    I disagree. Bishop blew 2 assignments, and MM couldn't get past it. I just watched Peppers blow one assignment in 10 plays. Think he rides the pine for 2 years? And yes, I am convinced his assignment wasn't to push upfield to the point he couldn't effectively contain. Pushing so far upfield that the RB has a monster lane to run through is not called keeping containment even if he technically ran inside of you.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I disagree. Bishop blew 2 assignments, and MM couldn't get past it. I just watched Peppers blow one assignment in 10 plays. Think he rides the pine for 2 years? And yes, I am convinced his assignment wasn't to push upfield to the point he couldn't effectively contain. Pushing so far upfield that the RB has a monster lane to run through is not called keeping containment even if he technically ran inside of you.
    Normally there is a responsibility to stay parallel to the LOS (or as Banaczyk said in the Press Gazette, not to turn away from the sideline). He also has to squeeze a gap with the guy next to him. Whether it was Daniels or Jones, he was moving away from both but wasn't tracking the RB at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Janis with a diving catch on an out route. When doesn't this guy make a great catch?

WHEN HE HAS SHINGLES
    Asshole...I just spit coke out my nose. (soda, not cain)

Normally there is a responsibility to stay parallel to the LOS (or as Banaczyk said in the Press Gazette, not to turn away from the sideline). He also has to squeeze a gap with the guy next to him. Whether it was Daniels or Jones, he was moving away from both but wasn't tracking the RB at the time.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Another scuffle, lost track of count. This one features Jarrett Bush and T.J. Lang. Two vets going at it.

MY MONEY IS ON BUSH
    I'm thinking the fight lasts about 30 minutes for Bush to win.

So you're agreeing with me right?

That play to me looks like it's Daniels fault. Jones was in perfect position in the C/G gap. Peppers had outside contain. It looks to me like Daniels pushed to far inside to be able to cover the G/T gap. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201408...26&tab=analyze
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

So you're agreeing with me right?
    Yes. Whether he could have made the play with Daniels crashing inside AND Jones inside is debatable. But going upfield and turning in made no sense.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Rodgers working with the second team O-line in red zone drill. Very unusual.

PACKERS PREPARE FOR FIRST 4 GAMES IN PRESEASON. AFTER INJURIES, THAT WILL BE THE STARTING O LINE IN GAME 3.
    Classic!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

IS JANIS BILLY SCHROEDER REINCARNATED?
    He better not be. That guy was a moron.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Yeah I'm betting MM was going on more than just those 2 assignments.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Please read this article (smart football at Grantland-Chris Brown), paying particular attention not to the LeSean McCoy sweep that gashed the Packers in gif form, but the practice organization.

And tell me who else we know that runs his practices that way.

http://grantland.com/features/chip-k...nfl-influence/