Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
    It's Jamari Lattimore in at ILB in base with Brad a Jones (quad) still out. Barrington may replace as dime backer.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
    Early on, it looks like Barrington is right. Lining up as the dime. Said he played all three LB spots at South Florida; job is more mental.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
    Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
    Hello, Letroy Guion. Blows up the O-Line in half line (the back-ups) to take down Perkins for a 5-yard loss. The guy is fresh.

#savior
    I know it doesn't mean shit but this is still good to hear. I didn't want to need Guion this season. He's pretty stout for his size but he's also incredibly slow for his size. My expectations aren't high.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I know it doesn't mean shit but this is still good to hear. I didn't want to need Guion this season. He's pretty stout for his size but he's also incredibly slow for his size. My expectations aren't high.
    They just need that size in the middle to take some pressure of Boyd and the rooks. If he is passable, it will be a success.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They just need that size in the middle to take some pressure of Boyd and the rooks. If he is passable, it will be a success.
    Yes, we just need him to plug up the middle of the line like Raji was doing. After losing BJ I'm kinda glad he's on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    JSO has a story with the headline Packers Avoid Injury Bug.

Friday could get ugly. Just park the ambulance on the sidelines.
    Some things are just meant to happen.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m
    NFL's scouting report on Bradford: "With his frame and straight-line burst, I feel he is ideally suited to be an inside linebacker in a 3-4"

If this happens, the entire board should get a Gold Star.

Blog Entries
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m
    NFL's scouting report on Bradford: "With his frame and straight-line burst, I feel he is ideally suited to be an inside linebacker in a 3-4"

If this happens, the entire board should get a Gold Star.
    Except me. With his lack of length I think he'd be a liability there too. He's gonna struggle getting off blocks wherever he's at and he has no experience covering anyone especially sideline to sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Except me. With his lack of length I think he'd be a liability there too. He's gonna struggle getting off blocks wherever he's at and he has no experience covering anyone especially sideline to sideline.
    Outside of Jones, all of the Packers ILBs are between 6'-6'2", so he falls in line with the rest at ILB. At OLB he sticks out like a sore thumb. He's the shortest of the bunch. The top ILBs for the Steelers are all 6'1", so I don't think his height is much of an issue at that spot in this scheme.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

If he is actually that tall to begin with

Sounds more like the kid is fighting for a roster spot of ANY kind.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 29s
    Dom Capers on Bradford: "This game is our last evaluation so he could get reps inside, outside, and see how he does" http://pck.rs/1pa8NOH

Would he consider some work at nose guard?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Outside of Jones, all of the Packers ILBs are between 6'-6'2", so he falls in line with the rest at ILB. At OLB he sticks out like a sore thumb. He's the shortest of the bunch. The top ILBs for the Steelers are all 6'1", so I don't think his height is much of an issue at that spot in this scheme.
    I'm all for giving Bradford a shot at ILB on the PS. He hasn't done much of anything on special teams either I don't believe....

It's just the combination of short arms, average (at best) speed, lack of coverage experience, not shedding blocks and getting thrown over the top that has me skeptical.

He has some explosiveness and perhaps good instincts (moving in one direction for the most part) so maybe with a year's worth of reps on the practice field he can make the transition.

Given all that though, I think his upside on the inside is JAG. If he's not a special teams demon, which his assets should translate quickly there, that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Me too. I think I was first, or close to it in saying Hyde was a safety, but Bradford just looks bad to me. I don't see him as anything to be honest. If AJ Hawk is a poor mans Ray Lewis, Bradford is a dead broke man's AJ Hawk.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Looks like Carl is willing to do anything to stick:

"Right now, I'm up for anything," Bradford said. "Wherever they place me, I'm going to work....Wherever I can fit in, I'm willing to play anything. Whatever they tell me to do. Blow the coaches. Sell hot dogs. Anything."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

They'll try to put Bradford on the PS and develop him. I don't see him sticking on the 53 unless Brad Jones can't go Game 1 or Bradford plays lights out in this last preseason game.

McGinn has wondered about whether a 4-3 team might try to snag him and play him as a designated pass rusher, but I don't think he has enough good tape to warrant that. Also, as others have said, no matter the effort, his size and short arms are going to get him engulfed by all the 6-5 OT's in the NFL. I'd give him a shot inside at ILB and see if he turns into Desmond Bishop Jr., but at this point I'm skeptical so it's likely to turn out to be a bad pick. Jayrone Elliott will (IMO) make the team over this guy, so that makes up for it.

Was Cory Rodgers signed to another squad after GB cut him? I'm guessing these higher round draft picks are all signed by another squad right away. And then cut soon after since they actually suck.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Was Cory Rodgers signed to another squad after GB cut him? I'm guessing these higher round draft picks are all signed by another squad right away. And then cut soon after since they actually suck.
    On July 25, 2006, Rodgers officially signed a contract with the Green Bay Packers, but on September 2, 2006, Rodgers was released by the Packers in the final round of cuts to the 53 man roster to begin the 2006 season. On September 4, 2006, Rodgers signed to the San Francisco 49ers practice squad but was later released on September 26, 2006.

In June of the 2007 CFL season, Rodgers made his debut with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League. In his debut season with the Lions, he caught 27 passes for 351 yards and for 3 touchdowns. He was released on July 8, 2009.

On July 23, 2009, he was signed to the practice roster of the Toronto Argonauts. Rodgers was later activated and played in his first game as an Argonaut on August 1, 2009 at home against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. In his Argo debut, Rodgers had 6 receptions for 54 yards while also making 1 punt return for 11 yards. Rodgers was later released by the Argos on September 1, 2009.

We are so going to get run over this year, lol...
    wist

If you go watch some of Bradford in college its a lot more obvious why he is where he is. He strikes me as a guy who is nothing special if he can't rev his motor in a full contact game. His game is motor and violence kind of like Desmond Bishop was. Makes for a terrible practice player whose easy to overlook but can surprise you when pressed into service.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    We are so going to get run over this year, lol...
    I'm surprised you haven't started the Mike Pennel fan club yet. He looks like what your boy Brandon Williams wants to be when he grows up.