Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    The future is hyde and haha at safeties

Get burnett the hell out of there. People keep saying he sucked because the other safety sucked last year. The other safety had nothing to do with burnett blowing coverage duties all the time on his side of the field. The other safety was not responsible for burnett thinking it would be best to help tramon cover his slow guy on the sideline instead of helping hawk who was lined up with the fastest TE in the nfl, who was clearly running a streak off the snap

You cant fix stupid, get him out of there

Hyde and clinton dix
    MM won't bench Burnett. Not saying he shouldn't, just saying he won't.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    MM won't bench Burnett. Not saying he shouldn't, just saying he won't.
    Why do you think that? IMO, McCarthy has shown that if someone is better at a position, regardless of your pay or status on the team - you ride the pine.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Why do you think that? IMO, McCarthy has shown that if someone is better at a position, regardless of your pay or status on the team - you ride the pine.
    I can think of a few instances where MM valued a veteran who is generally available more than he should have. I think we can all agree that Newhouse didn't belong on the field last season from about week 8 on.

Get burnett the hell out of there. People keep saying he sucked because the other safety sucked last year. The other safety had nothing to do with burnett blowing coverage duties all the time on his side of the field. The other safety was not responsible for burnett thinking it would be best to help tramon cover his slow guy on the sideline instead of helping hawk who was lined up with the fastest TE in the nfl, who was clearly running a streak off the snap

Hyde and clinton dix
    Incidentally, Last year I said that I liked Richardson/McMillan as the future at safety. I was halfway on the right track.

Hyde and clinton dix
    You know what, I have a feeling it's going to pan out this way as well. Burnett will play for a lot of years in the league, but he's not very good. He's just not bad enough to give up on.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Hyde and clinton dix
    Won't happen because of his salary but I agree I like Hyde at FS and Dix at SS. I think Burnett sucked last season because of his hamstring injury but either way we have great depth at safety all of a sudden.

Blog Entries
    Burnett has a lot of talent but he seems stupid. Watching the Bears game he made one phenominal game to break up a long pass and then went bonehead. I truly believe they need a veteran leader at that position to do some teaching. Whether it's bad coaching or they are just stupid....they need more direction
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

packers signed WR Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from Baltimore. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269292151.html

He's 6-1, 211. Spent last year on Baltimore's practice squad.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    packers signed WR Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from Baltimore. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269292151.html

He's 6-1, 211. Spent last year on Baltimore's practice squad.
    Another WR? What are they possibly going to do with him, I'm sure they already have too many even for camp bodies. Are WR's this year's TE?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I have heard a few different people say Linsley looks really good and Tretter looks so so. Has anyone heard/seen anything similar to this? I still think Linsley is a better center than Tretter so it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I have heard a few different people say Linsley looks really good and Tretter looks so so. Has anyone heard/seen anything similar to this? I still think Linsley is a better center than Tretter so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Linsley had a rough go a day ago in one on ones, he was beaten a couple of times. But I haven't read much else on him.

EDIT: Praise for today: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-pro/13386863/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty · Jul 26
    no. 2 oline: Sherrod, Tiller, Linsley Lane, Adams left to right

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty · 12h
    In 1on1 pass rush few periods ago, Linsley good day, went 3-0 against Pennel, Boyd n D Jones
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Linsley had a rough go a day ago in one on ones, he was beaten a couple of times. But I haven't read much else on him.

EDIT: Praise for today: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-pro/13386863/
    Also from this article:

Nose tackle B.J. Raji looks rejuvenated. He's been getting excellent push on most of his one-on-one pass rushes, and in two different run-blocking drills (half line and one-on-one) the first two days he's pushed his way into the backfield several times

Same article: Flynn WAS injured.

Flynn looks like his throwing arm is livelier than last year, when he still was suffering from elbow tendinitis that dated back to training camp of 2012 with the Seattle Seahawks.

I think Burnett will be fine this year. No worries there. He'll have a partner who can play, whether it's Hyde, Clinton-Dix, or even Richardson, and he'll have a breakout year, I believe.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think Burnett will be fine this year. No worries there. He'll have a partner who can play, whether it's Hyde, Clinton-Dix, or even Richardson, and he'll have a breakout year, I believe.
    what flavor is your kool aid? But I hope your right.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    what flavor is your kool aid? But I hope your right.

It's cabernet flavor. I know, I'm being optimistic. But if you can't be optimistic now, when can you?

Question: I read on a tweet that the Packers have no one on PUP now. What about Worthy? Anyone know?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's cabernet flavor. I know, I'm being optimistic. But if you can't be optimistic now, when can you?

Question: I read on a tweet that the Packers have no one on PUP now. What about Worthy? Anyone know?
    Worthy and Guion are on the Non Football Injury list.

Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 37m
    Nice to see OLB Nick Perry practicing for the first time. Packers now have no players left on PUP list.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
    Defense giving Nick Perry a ton of reps on his first day of practice since last year. He's been at his favorite spot, ROLB.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m
    Just saw Peppers do something #Packers OLBs constantly fail to do. Protect the back side. Didn't commit himself so cut back run would occur.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 13m
    Nick Perry takes his first team rep. He and Neal were OLBs. Matthews also on the field.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
    Sean Richardson is having himself a terrific day. #Packers have always liked him. Is safety battle getting even more interesting?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
    S Sean Richardson is the three star player of practice so far. He's everywhere. Leveled TE Richard Rodgers.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
    Richardson with another strong period. LaDarius Perkins has a little wiggle. Thought Linsley has looked strong again

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m
    LaDarius Perkins just turned heads in 11 on 11 with a quick cut and burst upfield. Built a lot like Harris at 5 foot 7, 195.
    Last edited by denverYooper; 07-31-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.